I am looking to buy an unlocked Storm 2 off eBay, and will be using it on Bell.

I have read through a few previous threads, which frankly made me more confused.

My question is, which version of the Storm 2 should I buy if I were to use the new HSPA/3G network with Bell? Data-speed wise, would it make a difference?

Much thanks
    Last edited by NelgC; 12-11-09 at 02:38 AM.
    12-11-09 02:21 AM
    Don't Buy it. it wont work.. The Storm 2 Doesn't Support the North American HSPA Frequencies. So dont waste your money bud. BELLUS Network Frequencies Are 850/1900 The Storm 2 SUPPORTS IT BUTS ITS LOCKED BY RIM. The SIngle HSPA in the Storm 2 is 2100mhz
    12-11-09 03:32 AM
    Is there any way to get it unlocked to use HSPA?

I currently have a 9700 (am thinking of getting the S2 for girlfriend) and the download speeds are blazing fast, is it safe to say then that the Storm 2 will not have these data speeds?

If not, I'll just wait till RIM gets smart and releases a new touch screen phone that actually works on NA HSPA.
    12-11-09 01:18 PM
    No there isn't.
    Your only choice is to wait for Bell to release the 9550 that will run on their CDMA network only... rumored to come out in January some time
    Or, migrate her over to Telus, they already have the Storm2 9550.
    12-11-09 01:22 PM
    I've heard the new carriers coming to Canada will run HSPA networks on the 2100 band.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 02:32 PM
    I've heard the new carriers coming to Canada will run HSPA networks on the 2100 band.
    By the time they're up and running the Storm 3 will be out.
    Also, they aren't going to have full coverage across Canada, so depending on where you live...
    12-11-09 04:20 PM
    They're expected to arrive early next year. At the very least, I'm hopeful they'll have good coverage in major cities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD