I have been with them going on 6 yrs. Today was the same for me. this is my 3rd 8900 they wanted to give me a dash also. no way. will just get a 9700 somewhere else cuz the 8520 is a downgrade. my girls has it. i only like the trackpad on it. not happy bout it but not gonna strong arm them. i can always leave.
    12-20-09 10:49 PM
    That's not fair though. Maybe we should strong arm them. I mean they not losing any money in the long run you know? They can give us a free phone & gain that money right back over the months. They should want to make the customer happy.
    12-21-09 07:33 AM
    So the trackball doesn't work. Pay $10 and buy a replacement and fix it yourself. Five phones is excessive, that's why they won't refund / full exchange it for you anymore.

Furthermore, if you want to find out what phone does what in comparison, I'd say search the forums for information. Windows Mobile / Android / Symbian / BlackBerry OS's are very different from each other. Not all functions are the same on all phones, nor are the apps (just because one app covers four different OS builds does not mean it's the same twice).
    Last edited by zamey; 12-21-09 at 09:58 AM.
    12-21-09 09:56 AM
    So pay $10 to fix a phone that I pay $90 a month for & void my warranty when the phone should work property from jump? Interesting...

Oh I think I'm a go with the my touch 3G. Not going to pay full price for the 9700. Don't feel like its worth it. Not my fault they send me defective phones. My touch does what my BB does for me now. I just want a phone that works.
    12-21-09 12:10 PM
    So pay $10 to fix a phone that I pay $90 a month for & void my warranty when the phone should work property from jump? Interesting...

Oh I think I'm a go with the my touch 3G. Not going to pay full price for the 9700. Don't feel like its worth it. Not my fault they send me defective phones. My touch does what my BB does for me now. I just want a phone that works.
    On your first post you said you didn't want anything but a BlackBerry. You seem like someone who changes their mind with the wind. I bet the T-Mobile reps dread to see you coming. You will be back soon complaining about your MyTouch 3G.
    12-21-09 12:14 PM
    On your first post you said you didn't want anything but a BlackBerry. You seem like someone who changes their mind with the wind. I bet the T-Mobile reps dread to see you coming. You will be back soon complaining about your MyTouch 3G.
    wow what a thing to say, for someone who goes threw the same problems with the phones not working that wasn't called for. I have to say i use to really like this site. today i think im closing mine. Some of you are so disrespectful and rude and self-righteous.
    12-21-09 03:40 PM
    I have to agree with kcarter3. After several duds OP is entitled to change his mind. No need to throw stones...

Doc
    12-21-09 05:55 PM

Definitely don't try and fix it yourself since its still under warranty.

Good luck with the mytouch3G. Its a nice looking phone. I wouldn't mind giving that a go. Post back and let us know how you like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 07:35 PM
    Wow! I don't understand your logic. If I can't get the 9700, then what other choice do I have? Keep getting broke 8900's, huh? You're not making sense. I don't want anything else other than a Blackberry but if its not working for me, then why not switch? The T-mobile reps wouldn't see me coming if they gave me a phone that works! Oh well that's the way of the world. Knock a person down, before you help them up. Damn shame. *smh*

12-21-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks man for the positive feedback! I'll let you all know how it works out.

Definitely don't try and fix it yourself since its still under warranty.

Good luck with the mytouch3G. Its a nice looking phone. I wouldn't mind giving that a go. Post back and let us know how you like it.

Last edited by Mac33; 12-21-09 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Change
    12-21-09 07:50 PM
    Thanks man for the positive feedback! I'll let you all know how it works out.
    No worries. Too bad the bb isn't working out. It really is a fine phone. The android devices are nice too. Love the web kit browser.

12-21-09 07:55 PM
    I really wish Blackberry would have worked out. Esp with all the new & exciting things coming to Blackberry. Webkit browser, open GL etc. Blackberry is about to come up! Maybe another device on down the line.
    12-21-09 08:34 PM
    Mac-keep hanging around. I am sure you will be back but enjoy the new toy! You are the only that matters when it comes to what will work for you.
    Doc
    12-21-09 08:57 PM
    Appreciate it Doc
    12-21-09 09:07 PM
    OMG!!! I love tmobile. They sent me a my touch 3g & another 8900 for all of my troubles. Been playing with the my touch since yesterday & I must say guys. Android is a winner!!! I mean the browser alone is gr8. But I still have a new 8900 if I decide to come back. Thank you guys for all your help! I'll never leave tmobile now!
    12-23-09 07:57 AM
    OMG!!! I love tmobile. They sent me a my touch 3g & another 8900 for all of my troubles. Been playing with the my touch since yesterday & I must say guys. Android is a winner!!! I mean the browser alone is gr8. But I still have a new 8900 if I decide to come back. Thank you guys for all your help! I'll never leave tmobile now!

Nice, I'm glad everything works out for you
    12-23-09 05:36 PM
    OMG!!! I love tmobile. They sent me a my touch 3g & another 8900 for all of my troubles. I'll never leave tmobile now!
    Great PR for T-Mobile and happy Customer. Isn't wonderful when a story has a happy ending? Good for you Mac!

Doc
    12-23-09 06:02 PM
    Yeah it feels gr8! Thanks redman & doc.
    12-23-09 08:54 PM
    They are offering you the Dash 3G because it's probably the only listed replacement for the multiple exchange program. It's been a solid phone, but Windows Mobile is a very different beast. If you choose not to take the Dash, you'll have to stick with the 8900.

Please ignore the above advice saying to keep pushing for a 9700.
    I owned two different WM phones before my BB's. They really are solid, reliable phones. I owned the Dash before my Curve, and it wasn't bad. Plus u get SkyFire.

12-26-09 02:31 AM
    Man the dash isnt even close to on par with the 8900! what is T-mobile thinking?
    12-29-09 08:08 PM
    I usually keep an Android phone on one line and a BB on the other because each have their respective strong points. Enjoy the MyTouch, it's an awesome phone
    12-30-09 12:21 AM
    Thanks Norris. I really love it. Didnt expect to like it as much as i do. BB has to step it up. & IDK if im trippin or not but i seem to type faster on the virtual keyboard than i do on my 8900. Thats crazy to me. The only thing i like more on my BB is the battery life. Other than that its no contest.
    12-30-09 06:26 AM
    DAMN! Sweet deal, glad it all worked out for you. As others have said, please feel free to hang around CB.
    12-30-09 01:02 PM
    Thanks pkcable... I'm here everyday LOL! Love this site.
    12-30-09 01:22 PM
    Yeah, I went through this exact same scenario. Only problem I have EVER had with Tmobile. I had 4 Curve 8900's (defective trackballs and keypads) and after the 4th, they said they had to give me a phone of comparable value.........the Dash! Are you friggin kidding me? A Dash is comparable to a Blackberry Curve 8900? In what way? I had the Dash before my first Blackberry Curve 8320 and it was the biggest pile of junk I ever used.

Anyway, after 9 and half hours of conversations with 50 different reps, retention, and several supervisor "heated" exchange sessions, they finally agreed to give me the 9700, only after I threatened to pull my service, not pay the ETF fees and basically telling them to sue me.

Why would I downgrade my phone for having defective Blackberries, which was not my fault at all? Just goes to show you what I will do for my Blackberry. LOVE my 9700. Even though Tmo fought me like ****, they eventually gave in. Other than this, Tmo has been good to me since 2000.
    nice
    01-03-10 02:16 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD