No you only get to exchange you phone once with the 30 day exchange plan. What you could do is return it keep whatever phone you had before that, and keep your upgrade until the curve 2 comes out. As long as the curve 2 is released by 2/1/10 I'll be happy. That is when my 1 year premier upgrade is available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 07:37 AM
    Well, here's more information from blackberryos.com that Dec. 18th is the launch date:

Sprint Launching 8530 Soon

Looks pretty legit to me.

12-11-09 07:53 AM
    Well, here's more information from blackberryos.com that Dec. 18th is the launch date:

Sprint Launching 8530 Soon

Looks pretty legit to me.

And the playbook date was the 9th, pretty good indeed. 18th: Sprint.com and telesales only. January 10th: Stores. Hopefully this is it.
    12-11-09 08:24 AM
    ok so i got some sort confirmation from the sprint customer service and sprint store reps that its release is on the 18th.. some said only to business accounts(others didn't have that detail), or didn't know the launch date at all.

but when i said that i am in my 30 day period of exchange they said i had to pay a $35 dolla restocking fee? is this true?

i went from nextel 8350i to the 8330 on sprint(it was an early upgrade) so what.. do i still have that 30 day exchange for the 8530 and if so do i have to pay that restocking fee???

over.
    12-14-09 10:25 PM
    I'm a noob to crackberry but I spoke wit a sprint rep last nite as of her update on 12/11 its still to be release 12/18 now wit that said I went into a sprint store and either they're all idiots but one guy told me he has no idea and appearently its gonna be release via sprint.com 1st so I guess we gotta wait don't act like yall aren't used to sprint yet

12-18-09 03:23 AM
    I just checked Sprint's website and the 8530 is $49.99 after MIR.

Sprint will be crowded this weekend and a lot of people will have a very good Christmas now.
    12-18-09 07:49 AM
    Vouching for cookie..just got the email saying its here....50 after mir.

Now....to jump on or to wait.... Wut2do..

12-18-09 09:37 AM
    Vouching for cookie..just got the email saying its here....50 after mir.

Now....to jump on or to wait.... Wut2do..

don't wait too long. It's direct ship only, the stores don't have it.
    12-18-09 09:42 AM
    well i cant jump on it cuz my renewal ain't till July of 2010. but i needed a phone cuz my pearl has finally told me it has had enough. paying full retail is not an option even though its the cheapest BB on sprint, so i instead purchased a new 8330 for 120 bucks.
    12-18-09 11:38 AM
    well i cant jump on it cuz my renewal ain't till July of 2010. but i needed a phone cuz my pearl has finally told me it has had enough. paying full retail is not an option even though its the cheapest BB on sprint, so i instead purchased a new 8330 for 120 bucks.
    I'd just wait a while and pick up a used 8530 on ebay whenever the bing cashback is decent (or wait for a dell sale).
    12-18-09 01:04 PM
    Like the title says...
    Since you predicted this one, you got a date for the Essex?
    12-18-09 01:27 PM
    Damn I'm so tempted to get the 8530. I don't know why people are saying the the 8530 looks cheap, after looking at it on sprint website it doesn't look cheap at all. I actually prefer the look of 8530 against the tour. The only thing that's holding me back is that it looks like 8530 doesn't have flash for its camera. also maybe the fact that tour2 will be out in a month or two.

12-18-09 01:46 PM
    Since you predicted this one, you got a date for the Essex?
    Nothing definite yet.
    12-18-09 06:12 PM
    Damn I'm so tempted to get the 8530. I don't know why people are saying the the 8530 looks cheap, after looking at it on sprint website it doesn't look cheap at all. \
    that's your mistake...you have to see it in person to really know how cheap this thing feels

go to any freaking carrier and they already have this phone...sprint is last on the boat

even US cellular beat sprint to the punch...that's insulting

also

has anyone been forced to change from their legacy plan to have this phone?

Rumors on sprintusers are saying that this is the first BB from sprint that will require an everything plan
    12-19-09 10:44 AM
    that's your mistake...you have to see it in person to really know how cheap this thing feels

go to any freaking carrier and they already have this phone...sprint is last on the boat

even US cellular beat sprint to the punch...that's insulting

also

has anyone been forced to change from their legacy plan to have this phone?

Rumors on sprintusers are saying that this is the first BB from sprint that will require an everything plan
    Thats what I was told when I asked about upgrading to the 8350 yesterday. IF that is true and IS the case I won't be leaving my tour anytime soon. Although I was told that the first time I asked about upgrading to the tour too and had to talk to employee relations to get it done.
    Just my two cents
    Woody
    12-19-09 12:39 PM
    Woody...take a look at the Plan requirements for this phone...it says old BIS add ons will work...very weird
    12-19-09 12:59 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD