There's only a couple people here who can answer this question. You know who you are. LOL

Could you move the MMS service books for an 8330 to an 8830? Would it do anything? If so, can you walk me through how to do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:56 PM
    There's only a couple people here who can answer this question. You know who you are. LOL

Could you move the MMS service books for an 8330 to an 8830? Would it do anything? If so, can you walk me through how to do it?

From your donor bb - type alt-SBEB from Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. This enables you to back up all service book records using advanced backup/restore.

From your target bb - type alt-SBEB from Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. Then do a service book restore from your saved ipd file.

sR
    02-19-09 03:06 AM
    Sweet! Thanks. Let's see if it works.

02-19-09 05:00 PM
    Sweet! Thanks. Let's see if it works.

Why don't you report in with your findings. I don't think that having the MMS service books are enough, because in general, carrier provisioning is also required to enable additional features.

sR
    Last edited by ScienceRules; 02-22-09 at 02:38 PM.
    02-22-09 02:32 PM
    I will when I get ahold of the service books. Lol

02-22-09 02:33 PM

Well pin me when you do. I'll be ready after you.
    02-22-09 02:53 PM

If I'm getting this right, you currenty don't have access to an 8330, and therefore haven't had the opportunity to extract them from said model. Correct?

BTW - How come you haven't upgraded to v. 4.5.0.133 (197). The direct links to the files on RIM's web site have been posted.

sR
    Last edited by ScienceRules; 02-22-09 at 03:50 PM.
    02-22-09 03:44 PM
    That is correct.

02-22-09 03:46 PM
    BTW - How come you haven't upgraded to v. 4.5.0.133 (197). The direct links to the files on RIM's web site have been posted.

sR
    I've been really busy with work lately, so I've been kind of out of the loop. I didn't realize they had been posted. Which carrier's release is that?

02-22-09 04:14 PM

sR
    I've been really busy with work lately, so I've been kind of out of the loop. I didn't realize they had been posted. Which carrier's release is that?

02-22-09 04:17 PM

See this post - http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/4-5...8830-a-166674/

The original post from OniMessiah may have gone beneath the radar.

sR
    02-22-09 05:06 PM
    UPDATE:

Ok, I activated my old 8330, pulled the MMS service books off it, and restored them onto my 8830. So far I've sent 10 MMS messages with 100% success rate. As soon as I figure out how to separate the MMS service books from the rest of them I'll post them here for everyone else.
    Last edited by aerophage; 02-25-09 at 07:38 PM.
    02-25-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD