Recently my 8330 camera won't zoom (the track ball only takes pictures). Also the thing that is altered when you scroll left and right (I think it's shutter speed) won't change either. Mine is stuck at 200+. Anyone else have these problems? I'm sure it's something simple and I'm just overlooking it, but I can't find any way to fix it. It also won't zoom when I use the volume buttons.
    07-21-08 03:39 AM
    Try removing the battery with the device on and replacing it after 30 seconds.
    07-21-08 06:05 AM
    Recently my 8330 camera won't zoom (the track ball only takes pictures). Also the thing that is altered when you scroll left and right (I think it's shutter speed) won't change either. Mine is stuck at 200+. Anyone else have these problems? I'm sure it's something simple and I'm just overlooking it, but I can't find any way to fix it. It also won't zoom when I use the volume buttons.
    I don't believe you can adjust shutter speed. 200+ refers to the amount of pictures you'd be able to hold on your device (take your memory card out and this number will shrink to around 30)
    07-21-08 02:12 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing right now--quit zooming. Haven't tried the battery pull yet...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 01:39 PM
    Battery pull fixed it, thanks for your help!
    07-22-08 11:02 PM
    I had the same problem. I tried my own fix by just turning the phone off and then on and that didn't work. Tried the fix listed here and that worked great. Just a note though, expect a several minute reboot. It took so long that I was afraid I fried the brains of my Curve. Thanks to the person who posted the fix for this problem.
    12-22-08 03:46 PM
    Thanks for the battery pull advice, I just experienced this problem today and couldn't figure out wth was going on but I knew if I came on here I would find the answer
    12-30-08 01:19 PM
    heeey thank you for the advice !! saved me from having to send my phone in.
    03-24-09 12:38 PM
    Try Alt-Right Shift-Del to reboot the phone. I did and my camera starting zooming correctly again.
    06-08-09 06:26 PM
    Just a note though, expect a several minute reboot. It took so long that I was afraid I fried the brains of my Curve.
    LOL - the bootup time for a BlackBerry borders on the ridiculous, doesn't it? The whitescreen doesn't help either.

The battery pull is the fix for probably 95% of malfunctions on these things, but contrary to popular lore, it can be performed with the device on or off. There is no difference in success rate either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 06:50 PM
    waaaaaaaaaaaaa..i tried pulling the battery and it still will not zoom..any other suggestions
    07-22-09 03:04 PM
    while the phone is on, try pushing shift/alt/delete at the same time to reset it. It worked for another member. good luck.
    07-22-09 08:20 PM
    I was going nuts the other night because the camera wouldn't zoom. I just pulled the battery and replaced it and it works fine now. Thanks so much for the tip!!!
    07-23-09 08:38 PM
    Try removing the battery with the device on and replacing it after 30 seconds.
    worked perfectly! Thanks for the tip.
    11-29-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD