hiya guys i am new to verizon and i know they set up thier phones alittle differnt that i am useto seeing. i know most regular verizon phones have 2 seperate bars for ev and 1x, but the blackberry only has 1 for both. i know that 1x is for txt and voice? and evdo is for every thing data related including txt. i would like to know if there is a way to seperate the services like the phones so i can see how much voice service i am getting because i am getting 2-3 bars of 1xev and i dropped a call in the kitchen but i am not sure if that is for both combined or just 1x?

hopfully not confuzing but its late haha thanks for any help

jason
    feel free to pin me and sorry for crappy spelling rough opening my eyes atm
    08-17-08 07:59 PM
    ON this device if you drop the EV service do to weak coverage, you will see the EV go away. 2 bars is a weak signal and if it drops below 2, then you risk dropping a call.

The EV happens in my house all the time, it is the building, I go outside and no problem

Although on the phone you want to see a 1X not 1x. 1x means no data.
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-17-08 at 09:39 PM.
    08-17-08 09:18 PM
    Oh ok at my house i get 2 bars (verizon skin out of 4) 1XEV and fluxuates 2 -3. seems like when it has 2 internet is really slow if it loads hehe :P
    08-18-08 04:17 AM
    Try updating your PRL (roaming list).

Call #228 and select option 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 06:34 AM
    Oops!

That should be *228

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 06:35 AM
    *22899 it and make it easier. The Curve out of the box has some reception issues that a full OTA reprogram usually fixes.
    08-18-08 08:20 AM
    yea i have done the 228 option 2 a few times. i think i get pretty good reception around the house compared to my old alltel phones and my voyager i had. still wierd how i dropped a call with 1XEV and 2 bars :P mebbe just still wierd to me but ill get useto it :P still contiplating on staying with verizon. sprint has a nice deal for 99 bucks

i Really hope this merger goes well (alltel merge off the face of the planet) and verizon gets MY CIRCLE :P even 5 would be cool haha

jason
    08-18-08 02:08 PM
    yea i have done the 228 option 2 a few times. i think i get pretty good reception around the house compared to my old alltel phones and my voyager i had. still wierd how i dropped a call with 1XEV and 2 bars :P mebbe just still wierd to me but ill get useto it :P still contiplating on staying with verizon. sprint has a nice deal for 99 bucks

i Really hope this merger goes well (alltel merge off the face of the planet) and verizon gets MY CIRCLE :P even 5 would be cool haha

jason
    Do a *22899 or a *228 opt 1 like I said and see if things don't improve some. The PRL is not the blame in this case, it's slight programming changes to the radio reception with only happens when you do the above dials. Try it, it can't and will not hurt anything.
    08-18-08 05:01 PM
    what is the difference between 1xev and 1xEV? it seems with the ev, my messenger doesn't work at all
    10-01-09 11:12 PM
    ev means no data connection and bbm will not work, EV means you do have the data connection.
    10-03-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD