Hi everyone.

So, here's the dealio:

I bought my 8320 directly from RIM (locked for Rogers) a couple of weeks ago. I tried to get it unlocked before I moved to Europe (where I am now), but the guy said he couldn't find the code because it's "not a Rogers phone". He gave me a universal SIM chip thingy to put under any SIM card to "unlock" the phone, and it worked for a bit - but it stopped working severa; days ago.

I was thinking of doing a remote unlocking service, but I'm still confused about whether my phone is a Rogers phone or not. If it's a Rogers phone, unlocking codes can be ready super fast, and if it's not, it takes a couple of weeks. I need to get this solved ASAP because roaming charges are going to kill me - lol.

If anyone can help me, I will be extremely grateful. I'm going crazy trying to figure out what to do. If I can't get this solved, it's pretty much $500+ drown the drain.

Thanks in advance.
    08-07-08 02:16 AM
    Mepd then mep2 at the sim card in the advanced option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 03:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I know that BlackBerry does offer the 8320 directly, but it is not a Rogers branded phone. Rogers does not inclued the 8320 in their lineup.

What does your startup screen display? Mine reflects it's T-Mobile branding.
    08-07-08 10:16 AM
    Thanks.

The phone isn't branded. After the loading, it has the road with grass, blue sky, etc. - is that what you mean? When I turned it on in Canada, it had Rogers as network name, but where I am, it shows the roaming provider. Is that what you asked? I'm new to all of this BB business.

Thanks, again.
    08-07-08 02:42 PM
    the startup screen doesn't signify the branded name, and the blue sky etc is your theme
    08-10-08 02:24 AM
    HOLD DOWN THE ALT key and type EACE - this will bring up the help screen - What is the VENDOR ID in the first line?
    T-mo = 100
    ATT = 102
    IF you search the boards, there is a listing of all vendors - it may be under UNLOCKING vendor themes...
    I understand you say it is unlocked, however, what # comes up may be who you need to speak with-There are many more knowledgeable people who will read your post and have a better answer than this....
    08-21-08 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD