I'm currently carrying a Sprint Blackberry Tour which I purchased on October 19th. I ported my number away from T-mobile (carrying an old Curve) to Sprint for the unlimited plans ($69.99 for unl. Mobile to any mobile, text and data) + a 27% monthly discount and a 2 year contract. I got a tour with a bad trackball and switched it out. I continue drop calls in my garage.
    Not.Feeling.Sprint.

Low and behold, Tmo gets unlimited plans. (I'd go with the $79.99 unlimted Everything plus plan with no corporate discount).

And Tmo has the 9700. Since I'm going with ETM+ i'm not subject to a contract(my qualm with the 49.99 plan previously). And no activation fee since I'm a "win back".

Since i'm not signing a contract with Tmo can I carry my old Tmo berry and add the "discounted" $449 9700 in January? I assume since there is no contract phones can be purchased at any point without penalty.

Also, tomorrow is my 30th day. Do I have to do this today with Sprint to return everything for a full refund (minus usage of course)?
    Also, I assume I go to Tmo first so i don't lose my number. I just want to make sure I get ALL my $ back from Sprint.
    11-18-09 04:30 PM
    First, yes, you can carry your old BB and add the 9700. It will be like you purchased the 9700 seperately, they won't open a seperate line.

Secondly, you will not get all of your money back from Sprint. You will not be able to return the phone, because I'm assuming they also have a 14 day handset return policy. You will have to pay for your usage, as mentioned.

You need to go to TMO first and port your number back. Then, you can proceed to set up your plan, etc. Then, you need to go to Sprint, or call them, to see if they will see the port request right away - if they don't, you could actually be out of your 30 day window because you waited so late - they might process it up to 36 hours from when you requested the port.
    11-19-09 10:47 AM
    I believe Sprint's return period is 14 days, which would mean you might have an ETF on your hands. The good news would be that the Tour would be yours to sell. As Ami mentioned, the port may not complete in one day, so I would actually advise talking with Sprint first and seeing what sort of fees you'll incur

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 02:37 AM
    thats another thing......14 day returns......WTH happened to 30 days...VZW has em......ATT has em.......so much for ethics
    11-20-09 10:04 AM
    thats another thing......14 day returns......WTH happened to 30 days...VZW has em......ATT has em.......so much for ethics
    LOL. Come on now Larry. What does a 14-day return policy have to do with ethics? If you can't figure out whether a phone works for you in 2 weeks, there's a bigger problem here. I don't see any ethical challenges here. 2 weeks is fine.

11-20-09 11:14 AM
    LOL. Come on now Larry. What does a 14-day return policy have to do with ethics? If you can't figure out whether a phone works for you in 2 weeks, there's a bigger problem here. I don't see any ethical challenges here. 2 weeks is fine.

Sprint has a 30-day return policy, but shhh, don't tell Larry this.
    11-20-09 11:16 AM
    Sprint has a 30-day return policy, but shhh, don't tell Larry this.
    LOL. Your secret is safe with me.

11-20-09 11:30 AM
    Verizon used to be 15 days, free calls on holidays, nights and weekends starting at....oh nevermind!
    11-20-09 11:33 AM
    nah.....30 days.......it gives me time to experience all the elements of the carrier.....and gives most carriers just enough rope to hang themselves
    11-20-09 11:35 AM

berry....berry...berry....."shakes head".........we both know 30 days is industry standard...and if your running a clean shop why are you worried bout customers bailing....if your an ethical carrier the customer wont leave.....but 14 days reaks of lets get em locked in ASAP with no recourse in a unlevel contract
    11-20-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD