just throwing it out there to see if anyone else is having issues. I called them and they told me to *228.. novel idea.
    06-12-09 09:36 AM
    *228??????
    06-12-09 09:41 AM
    Did the rep check to see if there were any open alerts for your area? *228 is the standard first trouble shooting step for voice issues. If this did not resolve it call back and get to tech
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-12-09 at 09:49 AM.
    06-12-09 09:45 AM
    Hey thanks I just learned something new!
    06-12-09 09:46 AM
    Did the rep check to see if there were any open alerts for your area? *228 is the standard first trouble shooting step for voice issues. If this did not resolve it call back and get to tech
    yes she did, but then said that she didn't see any problems reported, but that didn't mean anything as it is not always real-time. Then said to update prl. I was just surprised that there wan't more of a concern over 5 dropped calls within an hour.
    06-12-09 09:54 AM
    6/12, 6:39am stubbed my toe while walking to the bathroom.

also worth an up in my post count...
    06-12-09 10:06 AM
    yes she did, but then said that she didn't see any problems reported, but that didn't mean anything as it is not always real-time. Then said to update prl. I was just surprised that there wan't more of a concern over 5 dropped calls within an hour.
    Sorry you feel that way, but if we went GAGA over time we get call like this, we would all keel over from the stress.

You are correct, does not mean there is not problem in the area, but it would take several tickets from the same area stating a call issues to generate an alert. Keep an eye on it and call back if it continues. There is additional trouble shooting that can be done including a trouble ticket.

I am sure you know that trouble shooting is a time consuming process, as ou need to try the easy stuff first and see if it works and move on from there.
    06-12-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD