but also Cosmote, Globul, Jersey Telecom, Mobitel and Sunrise!
    02-08-10 11:59 PM
    still has the same old bugs.. but otherwise it seem to be lil better than 411 with the memory leak problems so far my memory is stable at 37mb battery seem to be okay only thing is the lock bug but i guess that dont bug me i dont lock my phone anyway
    02-09-10 12:02 AM
    It's overall better than .411 in memory retention, although .464 will have some memory leakage after 3-4 days. Compared to any other 5.0 OS it's the best!
    02-09-10 12:16 AM
    yeah thats true. memory is kinda better than the 411
    only thing is the lock bug but other than that so far so good
    02-09-10 12:25 AM
    well actually within 1 hr i started with 37mb now im at 33mb lol
    02-09-10 12:26 AM
    Is all the vendors have the same bugs?
    02-09-10 05:12 AM
    Is all the vendors have the same bugs?
    Yes, because it is the same OS. The same OS as the beta that was leaked a couple of weeks ago, too.

And all your base belong to us.
    02-09-10 07:25 AM
    yeah thats true. memory is kinda better than the 411
    only thing is the lock bug but other than that so far so good
    "kinda" is an understatement. I was restarting 5x a day because within no time it would drop into the single digits or hit ZERO.

Besides wifi, .464 is a godsend! I also don't think of the "lock" issue as a bug, more a feature IMO.
    02-09-10 10:09 AM
    This maybe a stupid question, if so my apologies in advance.

What if any bug fixes need to be done for AT&T Branded Bold?

Currently I'm on 4.6.0.304.
    02-09-10 10:44 AM
    This maybe a stupid question, if so my apologies in advance.

What if any bug fixes need to be done for AT&T Branded Bold?

Currently I'm on 4.6.0.304.
    Very little in the way of problems...you will lose a little startup memory compared to the version you're on but it won't matter because utilization of memory is far better here than in any 4.6 version. Also you'll appreciate the professional look (much more sleek design)...it's almost like buying a brand new phone in comparison.
    02-09-10 10:59 AM
    installing now. will report in a few days once kinks worked out. AT&T Unlocked Bold 9k
    02-09-10 04:32 PM
    Does a VVM and a Browser fix need to be done to 464 like with 411?
    No browser or VVM fix are required.
    02-09-10 05:00 PM
    But what about the typing window for SMS shrinking to four lines, not even enough to show 160 characters? Isn't that a drag?

Very little in the way of problems...you will lose a little startup memory compared to the version you're on but it won't matter because utilization of memory is far better here than in any 4.6 version. Also you'll appreciate the professional look (much more sleek design)...it's almost like buying a brand new phone in comparison.
    02-09-10 07:30 PM
    what's the lock bug?
    02-09-10 08:03 PM
    an annoyance whereby you cant do the screen lock, for pocket carrying, unless you assign a password
    02-09-10 08:28 PM
    I like the way the music now has it's own icon and is all organized into artists genres etc. like that . and just noticed a nice little touch. in my phone log, the 4.6 would show a contact name if I typed one in and would replace the number,now I get the contact name and the number, i like that too, because some of my contacts have two numbers, so now I can see which number was used, I sometimes forget. just a nice little extra,and on the screen the little box that moves around the icons is just a little bluer, better looking. and like how quick the thumbnails are loaded when you open the pictures folder , they are there immediately for viewing , don't have to watch them load. nice.
    02-09-10 10:43 PM
    what's the lock bug?
    I don't think there is any lock bug. I think RIM is trying to introduce the use of password more frequently as it is more safer for the user. It makes sense, as you really don't want anyone else to fiddle around with your phone besides yourself.
    I have been using this OS for about four days now and I can say that it is definitely better than .411. The camera bug (three greyed out icons) has been fixed, browsing seems to be more faster and better battery life. Definitely a good recommendation for someone who is willing to upgrade from OS V4.6
    02-09-10 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD