Hi, Could anyone confirm (or hopefully deny!!) that you have to wait 45 days after the November 4th release of the Bold in order to buy one from AT&T OFF CONTRACT??

Thanks in advance!
    10-25-08 11:10 AM
    I've not heard of that, but some stores do have policies as such. Devices such as that are going to be selling very well, and stores will refrain from doing full retail purchases in order to supply contracts with phones.

That being said, it may be different in every market. Call CS, if nothing else they can process the order for you.
    10-25-08 12:31 PM
    I havent heard of this either, but I do know in order for come employees to receive discounts on an item they have to wait 2 weeks after the device is released.
    10-25-08 01:26 PM
    If trends follow, like the iPhone, it probably won't be able to be sans contract for a little while.
    10-25-08 02:00 PM
    This is a policy that some stores chose to utilize (usually the busy ones). I'm not sure if it's a written policy, but AT&T does reserve the right to refuse to sell one no-contract on a release.

You can just call and order it over customer service if that is the case.
    10-25-08 03:30 PM
    Thanks guys!
    I went out to run some errands and such, came back and all of you knowledgeable folks had answered this for me! You guys are the best!
    Thanks again!
    10-25-08 03:53 PM
    Thanks guys!
    I went out to run some errands and such, came back and all of you knowledgeable folks had answered this for me! You guys are the best!
    Thanks again!
    You're welcome. Always feel free to ask away.
    10-25-08 03:56 PM
    i havent heard that, i have a friend who works at att and he siad it wouldnt be a prob just selling me one
    10-25-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD