O.K., this may be a dumb question, but here it goes. In my area, we don't have 4g yet. We have a "old plan", that has 3 Black Berry phones, and one DROID X. There are 2100 minutes on our plan and un-limited text. We do NOT plan on changing plans, as it works well for us.

NOW, when the 4g network finally comes to our area, (don't know when that will hapen), will our plan be forced to change ?

How would it change?

Any ideas how much more it would cost ?

Thanx
    07-07-11 08:03 AM
    O.K., this may be a dumb question, but here it goes. In my area, we don't have 4g yet. We have a "old plan", that has 3 Black Berry phones, and one DROID X. There are 2100 minutes on our plan and un-limited text. We do NOT plan on changing plans, as it works well for us.

NOW, when the 4g network finally comes to our area, (don't know when that will hapen), will our plan be forced to change ?

How would it change?

Any ideas how much more it would cost ?

Thanx
    Your best option might be to call 611 and find out for your personal situation. When I called I was told that anyone with unlimited data plans would remain unchanged. Even moving to 4G when ever that might be. I asked specifically if when I picked up a 4G device down the road if it would be any diff and was told NO as data is data and I would be grandfathered in since I already had the unlimited plan.
    Now....question is would BB data charges be the same if you went to a non bb device? It sounds like a yes to me. How this plays out with family plans and the like is probably the same. Any new customers will be required to get the new so called tiered plans, the rest of us will be good as before. But, by all means just CALL and put your fears to rest and get your questions answered as there is way to much speculation going around the internet these days regarding the changes.
    07-07-11 11:29 AM
    O.K., thanx. I will call them.
    07-07-11 04:42 PM
    You will be fine with 4G just like 3G. Also to above, BBs are considered smartphones to Verizon though they require BIS.
    07-08-11 03:44 AM
    Nope it won't change. The data plans between 3G and 4G are the same. There are a couple data-related feature differences between them but those features are free and you'll see them under "services". The plans themselves are not different.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    07-08-11 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD