I was eligable for a new every two from Verizon so last week I upgraded to the BB World (8830). I have spent the last week nonstop messing with this phone. I am used to a Palm touch screen so this will take some getting used to.
    I see the Curve is just around the corner.... Should I keep my 8830 or turn it back in and wait for the Curve? My trial date is up Maqrch 25th. I have long nails so the new keyboard looks inviting. although I didnt think I would miss the camera feature on the 8830 since I always have my Sony digicam with me...I find I do miss it.
    uugghh...decisions. Is the Curve worth the wait? Help me decide. By the way. I HATE the low ringtone issue. I love to pimp my phone with custom ringtones but why bother if I can't hear them.
    03-02-08 03:24 PM
    I love my 8830....No regrets at all.
    03-02-08 04:02 PM
    Go try the curve out at another provider, see if you like it.(and if it works with your long nails.)
    03-02-08 04:19 PM
    Personally, as long as you have a berry to access this site, it's all good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 04:25 PM
    Go try the curve out at another provider, see if you like it.(and if it works with your long nails.)
    :]

yeah, from the sounds of it, vzw is pretty damn expensive anyway so what's the harm in trying out another provider?
    03-02-08 05:14 PM
    The 8830 is a Great Berry!
    03-02-08 08:56 PM
    I had an 8800 and kicked myself for not holding out til the curve came out. Have been enjoying the curve for the last 3 weeks.
    03-02-08 09:00 PM
    Well I've only heard of the Sprint CDMA version of the Curve coming out anytime soon. So dont hold your breath waiting for Verizon. I went from my treo 700wx to the blackberry & I dont miss it at all. But Verizon is expensive. They need to lower there plan & data prices to compete w/other carriers.
    03-12-08 08:02 PM
    Unless you would use the wifi feature often, I'd say stick with the 8830. Since you're already used to a qwerty type keypad, the pearl isn't your best bet. Although, overall I'm very happy with mine on tmo. The pearl would also allow greater variety in ringtones, games, etc. Suretype took some getting used to, but since this was my first smartphone, I like it - it's similar, tho better than t9. If the curve comes out, I'd say go for it, otherwise I'd stick with the 8830 or check out the pearl.

03-12-08 08:26 PM
    The Curve has been rumored for quite awhile now for Verizon so you could still wait quite awhile. If you really want the Curve, I would just jump over to ATT or T-mobile and treat yourself to what you really want.

03-12-08 08:54 PM
    I have now had my 8830 for two weeks and I LOVE it. I no longer care about the Curve. I finally mastered it and the long nails aren't even an issue anymore. I played with my friend's Pearl and I don't care for suretype so I will remain a RED 8830 gal. I put my Palm away in the drawer and will probably never use it again. I didn't think I could do away with the touch screen but I don't even miss it now. THanks to Crackberry I was able to learn so much about this phone and wonder how I ever got along before it.
    03-12-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD