Long story short... I ordered a Samsung Eternity (for my GF) and Samsung Jack (for Me) from the ATT online store. We both loved our phones except the speaker during voice calls on both handsets would fade in and out. We went to our local ATT store and exchanged both phones (under the 30-day guarantee/buyers remorse) for Blackberry Bolds which we now love. Because of stock, I got mine Tuesday, hers Thursday. I noticed the first night I had mine that the trackball felt kind of loose. Then I got to compare to hers and it is definitely loose. (i.e. It takes more of a push downward to get it to click and makes a rattling noise while moving the trackball, on occasion I've had trouble getting it to click without having to push harder than normal).

The question: Can I take my Bold back to the store to swap for the same phone with a properly installed trackball or do I now have to deal with the whole sending the phone in under warranty because I already used the 30 day guarantee once (even though my phone is only 3 days old)?

Thanks in advance!
    06-12-09 11:02 PM
    Take the phone back or return it. If it is defective, then it needs to be replaced.
    OR, you can take it to a Device Service Center and have the trackball replaced or repaired free of charge. Hope this helps!
    06-13-09 10:24 PM
    Take the phone back or return it. If it is defective, then it needs to be replaced.
    OR, you can take it to a Device Service Center and have the trackball replaced or repaired free of charge. Hope this helps!

He right. If its still within the first 30 days of the original purchase you can have it exchanged at an AT&T Store.

If its past 30 Days you can find a Device Service Center close to you.

Or if you don't have one close to you. Call 1800.801.1101. They can have one shipped to your house. Shipping is paid by AT&T unless you want express shipping.
    06-14-09 03:04 PM
    Thanks guys... I guess I was just confused regarding the verbage on the AT&T site that said you were allowed ONE phone return/exchange within 30 days. That made it sound like because I switched from the Jack to the Bold that I used my ONE exchange.

There's definitely something wrong here because now my "back" button doesn't feel right and I noticed that my headphone jack and usb port are not centered in their holes, rather they are forced towards the bottom of the holes which makes me think that they "smooshed" the circuit board too far into the casing. That would explain the vertical looseness present in the trackball.

Going to the AT&T store in the morning to try and exchange for another... wish me luck!
    Last edited by dreamweaver3913; 06-14-09 at 08:21 PM.
    06-14-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD