sorry for this question if it bugs ppl
    but i just switched to $30 6gb plan from $15 plan
    my im+ and opera mini aren't working now
    anyone know of any settings or something i need to do?
    of course rogers tech support is no help
    if i put internet.com in my tcp settings does that help or make a difference? does that mean I'll pay more or somethign?? thanks guys
    try to do a battery pull off. it should work after that
    07-20-08 09:50 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-20-08 10:00 AM
    now my email isn't going through and my BIS account says it's suspended! I called tech support made sure he was BB tech and he said yes and told him what was up. Then he says the 6bg plan isn't for BB and data tech support isn't open today...blah blah blah.
    Anyone else's emails working?
    07-20-08 10:43 AM
    now my email isn't going through and my BIS account says it's suspended! I called tech support made sure he was BB tech and he said yes and told him what was up. Then he says the 6bg plan isn't for BB and data tech support isn't open today...blah blah blah.
    Anyone else's emails working?
    You got one of 'those' techs... just call back. Problem with Rogers tech support is that it's all hit or miss.
    When switched correctly over to the 6gb plan, you will be re-registered (from the server side) and will receive 2 browser msgs (you may want to select show all from your main menu and see if you have any new msgs from your 'message' folder).
    The 6gb plan IS for BB and data tech support is 24/7 (at least in my experiences).

PS. For future reference, ALWAYS ask for the rep's name and location/office. It gives them a sense of accountability rather than giving you half assed answers so they can take their 15 min break...

Goodluck
    07-20-08 10:50 AM
    called back and it seems they put the 6gb data plan not the 6gb bb plan
    the codes are on howard forums if anyone needs them
    07-20-08 11:31 AM
    It seems like thats a very common problem w/ Rogers. I had that happen to me too.

Are they making customer re-up their contracts for 3 yrs for the 6gig data plan? There was no mention of that to me other than that the data plan was a 3 year term and if my current contract isn't that long, i'd be able to go on a month by month voice plan and still take advantage of the 6gig plan
    07-25-08 06:19 PM
    I had the 4mb plan then I heard about this one. I am on it now! Woo hoo! It's downloading time!
    07-25-08 10:35 PM
    Question for you guys.

I have a Curve currently on the $15 email plan.

Considering switching to 6GB plan. Now, if i sign for three years on the 6GB BB plan, what happens when i switch to an iphone sometime down the road. That's a diff plan as this one is specific for BB, will I be able to do so, or does 3-year mean im stuck on the BB plan?
    07-25-08 11:54 PM
    omg that happend to me too.
    when i bought my curve...i asked for 6 g plan. the sales rep said its not available for my phone. so i took the 300 mb plan..knowing full well id just be calling to get it swtiched by someone who knew what they were doing.

so i call in...get it switched cause it IS available for my phone..and they friggin put the wrong 6 g plan on..leaving me dataless.. so i went into rogers ..having no idea what happend and why data things werent working on my phone..the guy (acutally friend of a friend) appoligized said he couldnt do it id have to phone in and get it switched up. so i did..

TWENTY MINUTES i was sitting in the mall parkinglot waiting for the next available operator..twenty minutes...the guy comes on the phone..no appoligy for TWENTY MINUTES (of course the recording appligized about 10 times but who wants an appoligy from a recording) and no appoligy for rogers putting the wrong data on my bb in the first place.

anyways its all sorted out now..im on the 6 gig bb plan
    07-26-08 01:02 AM
    Question for you guys.

I have a Curve currently on the $15 email plan.

Considering switching to 6GB plan. Now, if i sign for three years on the 6GB BB plan, what happens when i switch to an iphone sometime down the road. That's a diff plan as this one is specific for BB, will I be able to do so, or does 3-year mean im stuck on the BB plan?
    If you get the bb version of the plan it is the best of both worlds. If you have a bb you get full bis access and data access. If you switch to an ifone all the features still work and you keep the bis features should rogers discontinue this plan and one day you get a bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 01:46 AM
    If you get the bb version of the plan it is the best of both worlds. If you have a bb you get full bis access and data access. If you switch to an ifone all the features still work and you keep the bis features should rogers discontinue this plan and one day you get a bb

So you're saying the non-bb version is only good for iphone. But the bb version will work for both iphone and bb's?

I know this is a total newb question but you said I'll be able to keep BIS features should I switch to an iPhone, and be able to switch back to a BB afterwards if I want. What are BIS features?
    07-26-08 09:04 PM
    There is no 30$ 6GB plan... all I see is a 6GB plan for 100$
    07-26-08 10:28 PM
    this bites. i just got the 15 unlimited plan and was gonna call to get the 6gb plan for 20 buks and now i cant..... o well i guess ill get the 300mb plan
    07-27-08 12:08 AM
    So you're saying the non-bb version is only good for iphone. But the bb version will work for both iphone and bb's?

I know this is a total newb question but you said I'll be able to keep BIS features should I switch to an iPhone, and be able to switch back to a BB afterwards if I want. What are BIS features?
    You are correct as to how the plans work. BIS features let you access the blackberry apn so you get the push email and any other utilities that require that apn

07-27-08 02:57 AM
    m.km: There is no 30$ 6GB plan... all I see is a 6GB plan for 100$

shael: this bites. i just got the 15 unlimited plan and was gonna call to get the 6gb plan for 20 buks and now i cant..... o well i guess ill get the 300mb plan
    I just got off the phone with Rogers and had asked if $30 for 6gb plan (offer expiring Aug 31) is still available. I noted that I didn't see it on their site anymore. I was speaking with the Business Support Group re another matter, but they did confirm to me that this $30 for 6gb plan is available for sign up, expiring Aug 31.
    07-28-08 05:39 PM
    Hey guys - bringing up an old thread here with new news. Another site I'm on just reported that for some the 6gb for $30 is BACK. Definitely ymmv, but still a sweet deal if it's true (I'll be calling in tomorrow as I'm at school until late so retentions will be closed ~ bleh ).
    03-08-10 06:59 PM
    i have both, the iphone and 9700. I Have 6gigs plan aswell
    You just need to add apn on ur account. You can switch anytime u want plus enjoy ur data.
    03-09-10 08:10 PM
    i have both, the iphone and 9700. I Have 6gigs plan aswell
    You just need to add apn on ur account. You can switch anytime u want plus enjoy ur data.
    Did Rogers have to do anything different with your account? I had apn3con added to my account, yet I still can't get access to blackberry services such as bbm, email etc. I can't even register for a bis account either as I don't have that option on my bold.
    03-10-10 12:48 PM
    Did Rogers have to do anything different with your account? I had apn3con added to my account, yet I still can't get access to blackberry services such as bbm, email etc. I can't even register for a bis account either as I don't have that option on my bold.
    Did you try registering through the web?

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers

Maybe you can push the service books via your BB.

options->advanced options->host routing table-> menu button and click 'register now'.
    03-10-10 02:36 PM
    Did you try registering through the web?

Maybe you can push the service books via your BB.

options->advanced options->host routing table-> menu button and click 'register now'.
    Hi Narci,

I have tried the bis site for rogers as well before but I recieve the error message:
    <bis.na.blackberry.com>

Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.

I have also tried going to my options --> advanced options --> host routing table and have tried the 'register now' option. It always saids 'Registration message sent!' but the routing table does not get populated.
    03-11-10 03:41 PM
    I would call rogers to doublecheck you have to code added.
    03-11-10 04:22 PM
    I got my iphone when i got the $30 - 6GB plan. Before that i was always a BB user. I just got my 9700 yesterday yet couldn't access anything because my data wasn't activated. I called in and of course i was told i needed to switch my plan from Mobile Data to BB Data and they wouldnt be able to continue giving me the $30-6GB plan since it was no longer available. Thing is, im on a retention plan so they transfered me over to them. Guy was nice enough to add a code to my data and it started working right away without me needing to switch my plan. He said that there could be a possibility of it just "stopping" to work one day. How is that even possible unless someone removes the code?
    03-12-10 12:55 PM
    I got my iphone when i got the $30 - 6GB plan. Before that i was always a BB user. I just got my 9700 yesterday yet couldn't access anything because my data wasn't activated. I called in and of course i was told i needed to switch my plan from Mobile Data to BB Data and they wouldnt be able to continue giving me the $30-6GB plan since it was no longer available. Thing is, im on a retention plan so they transfered me over to them. Guy was nice enough to add a code to my data and it started working right away without me needing to switch my plan. He said that there could be a possibility of it just "stopping" to work one day. How is that even possible unless someone removes the code?
    Probably because certain plans should and should not have the code for bb service. (and maybe one day they will do an audit).

If you were on Fido, you cannot have bb service with a 6gb plan.
    03-12-10 07:46 PM
    Blows my mind how much people will pay for txt,
    It started in third world countries as a cost effective way of communicating ,

03-16-10 09:00 AM
    Blows my mind how much people will pay for txt,
    It started in third world countries as a cost effective way of communicating ,

no, it didn't.
    03-20-10 12:47 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD