It's been 22 actual days and I have still not been able able to unlock my BlackBerry Classic originally from T-Mobile. I have tried four of the major players who specialize in unlocking and none of them can help me and keep delaying and not returning my money. This is unheard of. The IMEI is clear, free, and for me, I just want to swing it over to at&t.
    I purchased the brand new Classic from my neighbor who, after purchasing it from her, passes away and no family two days later. I've spent now $88 and in our day of technology, you'd think it would be easy. I've even called T-Mobile and they would not give me the unlock code. I've tried every remedy here and ask for anyone's help. Tomorrow is day 23 and no remedy in sight and I've tried every angle. I sincerely pray someone can help me use this new Classic I purchased from my neighbor (now deceased) in good faith. This is really hurting me in so many ways. Companies won't return the money I've paid out to them either saying that they will "keep trying"... yeah, right. This is plain nuts just simply wanting to use the phone with at&t...
    Thank you again for any help...
    12-27-15 11:15 PM
    ATT told me yesterday that only the original owner of a phone can unlock it and nobody else.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:57 PM
    ATT told me yesterday that only the original owner of a phone can unlock it and nobody else.
    That's not true. See here: att.com/deviceunlock

As per the OP's case: is the phone paid off at TMO? Do you know if the neighbor got it on EIP, i.e. was she making monthly payments on it? Here are TMO's rules: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588
    01-07-16 07:20 PM
    Hey OP,

T-Mobile Classic can be hard to unlock sometimes,

Thanks for contacting us to try and unlock it for you with the NOT FOUND method, we are trying for you, if we can't unlock it then we will refund you in full.
    01-10-16 08:56 PM