01-26-10 02:03 PM
264 ... 91011
tools
    Thanks! Android plus a physical keyboard, sounds good to me! The only thing I'm concerned about is the Samsung part of it, because the Instinct was just not that great of a phone, and the touchscreen was pretty awful.

I haven't been in a Sprint store yet to play with it though, so I haven't completely ruled it out.
    Keep this in mind dont take the instinct as a judgement for this phone i know instinct was bad.. everyone knows it lol.. but still. im very surprised about touching everything , its very responsive I havent had a lag on it. Thats why i got it touch screen and keyboard best of both words. Whats under the hood of the moment is the 800 mhz processor which helps alot and has one of the highest right now and the OS android makes it better so your not running crappy instinct os which is most likely most of the issues. And 2.1 or 2.0 Update is coming soon. For $129 its a steal !
    01-07-10 06:37 AM
    I saw people talking about contract expiration dates. I saw this and talked online to the CSRs. This date won't change. They note your account. When you talk to them online you can A: write down the chat number that is stored and b: it should be emailed to you as well (sometimes). I wrote down the chat number just incase they decide to ETF me anyways but that CSR online confirmed my account is noted to waive my ETF due to fee increase. I didn't port my main line number out for two reasons: one was stupid and thought I had to cancel straight with no port but the other way I get to try other carriers and if decide I don't like them until my billing cycle ends I can still tell Sprint to not cancel my account. I am damn sure Sprint will put the brakes on the cancellation before it happens if I ask them to do so. Retentions loves actually working on customers.

To reiterate: your contract expiration date will not change unless the rep was odd and changed it for you or you talked them into doing it. However, make sure to talk with them online for physical evidence that the account is noted.

I should note I used this very same fee increase to switch from Sprint to VZW this last weekend.
    01-12-10 06:43 PM
    I saw people talking about contract expiration dates. I saw this and talked online to the CSRs. This date won't change. They note your account.
    This is FALSE. Remember this is Sprint customer service - one rep can tell you something completely different than the next. I had to call twice and talk to two difference reps. The second rep changed my "contract expiration date" while I was on the phone with her to that same day (I checked online to verify). But don't take my word for it - check fatwallet, sprintusers, howardforums, etc and you will see threads with members posting similar stories of getting their contracts marked as fulfilled. I would not port out until your online contact date is changed to read that day or before, or you can potentially have a headache calling Sprint back and fighting over the ETF after you get the final bill.
    01-13-10 02:49 PM
    Sprint rep called me back after I canceled, and we worked everything out. So, I guess Sprint's customer service isn't AWFUL. Just bad. My kiddo even got a Pixi out of the deal!

Sweet phone by the way. It is on my short list of devices to replace my crappy Tour with.
    Last edited by CurvyCocoa; 01-15-10 at 11:11 PM.
    01-15-10 07:12 PM
    Sprint rep called me back after I canceled, and we worked everything out. So, I guess Sprint's customer service isn't AWFUL. Just bad. My kiddo even got a Pixi out of the deal!

Sweet phone by the way. It is on my short list of devices to replace my crappy Tour with.
    I just canceled my line ETF-free, the other two lines on my account are out of contract and still on the account in month-to-month status. I really hope they don't call me back trying to "work things out."
    01-18-10 08:02 PM
    I just canceled my line ETF-free, the other two lines on my account are out of contract and still on the account in month-to-month status. I really hope they don't call me back trying to "work things out."
    What did you tell them? I couldn't get them to do anything! And I'm a pretty darn nice guy on the phone! I finally got so mad I sent an email to "Dan Hesse" at the faux email address he gives out....
    01-18-10 08:07 PM
    What did you tell them? I couldn't get them to do anything! And I'm a pretty darn nice guy on the phone! I finally got so mad I sent an email to "Dan Hesse" at the faux email address he gives out....
    I called in and the rep asked what issue I was having that is making me consider leaving Sprint. I told her I was fed up with my Tour (and its replacements), that I had already switched to T-Mobile (with phone in hand), and I wished to cancel the contract ETF-free due to the Regulatory Charge Fee increase which causes a materially adverse change to the contract. She offered me 2 free months of service as well as a $100 buyback credit on my account if I sent back the Tour. I told her "no thanks" and asked to cancel the contracted line at the end of the billing cycle. She said sure and there's even a confirmation email in my inbox.
    Last edited by ChekMySwag84; 01-24-10 at 03:27 PM.
    01-18-10 08:16 PM
    Ok yall, I've got an update and a question...

Well I called to cancel 1 of my 3 lines (2 lines contracts are already fulfilled and OOC) on Monday, January 18th and the very nice rep offered me a free phone of my choice AND the next two months of my bill free. I politely declined that offer (I just want to get rid of the line because I've already switched to T-Mobile) and she said she would cancel the line on the last day of my billing cycle, the 22nd (Friday). I asked her if it were possible to just have my contract marked as fulfilled and make that line month-to-month as well but she said it couldn't be done.

Anywho, it's now the 24th and the line is STILL active. I went online to My Sprint and checked my contract fulfillment date for that line and sure enough it says January 18, 2010. Does this mean I'm not OOC and month-to-month or should I call Sprint again to make sure they sorted this all out correctly?
    01-24-10 03:27 PM
    It is all TRUE, I just dealt with Sprint today about the New SLA Fee and told them I wanted to cancel my service and my contract date is Jan 2012, but they told me I could out of my account with NO FEES before Feb 15 if I chose todo so, and take my numbers to another carrier. And the contract for the other line was due on Aug 2011. So I got the SPL portion wiped off my account and they refunded the deposit on the second line.
    01-25-10 02:10 PM
    I tried to bail out but was un-successful.
    They gave me a pretty good deal to stay on
    20.00 recurring credit for 24 months
    100 extra min a month for 24 months
    15% Discount

My new set up,

(757) XXX-XXXX
    Everything Data BlackBerry - 450 Anytime Minutes Included with Any Mobile, Anytime $69.99
    Employee Discount Sprint 15% -$10.50
    $20 Service Credit -$17.89
    Total Equipment Protection - $3 insurance premium & $4 service/repair $7.00
    $20 Service Credit -$2.11
    Cellular Anytime Minutes - 100 Anytime Min for 24 months $0.00

Sprint Surcharges $2.37

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $0.81
    Virginia State-Gross Receipts Surcharge $0.15
    Virginia State-Special Revenue Surcharge $0.02
    Administrative Charge $0.99
    Regulatory Charge $0.40
    --------------
    $2.37
    Government Fees & Taxes $2.59
    Show DetailsShow Details And Explanation of Charges
    Taxes and fees Sprint is required to collect from customers on behalf of the government.
    Virginia State-911 Tax $0.75
    Virginia State-Sales Tax $1.79
    Virginia Beach City-Sales Tax $0.05
    --------------
    $2.59

Total Due $44.12
    Last edited by Slingbox; 01-26-10 at 10:11 AM.
    01-25-10 08:28 PM
    That's not a bad deal Slingbox. Granted I loved my previous plan. I'd likely have stayed with Sprint if A: the palm pre didn't feel like a toy and B: every building on campus didn't end with me searching for signal. I've tested my new carrier with the second part and have no problem anymore.

Also, regarding whomever said that what I stated was incorrect go read the note Sprint sent out with your bill. I do believe the flier says to have your account noted with the fact that you're cancelling because of this fee increase. You just got really nice CSRs to change your contract expiration date likely because they know it'll lead to higher scores on their surveys.
    01-25-10 09:25 PM
    so you can call them and basically go on a month to month instead of your full contractual length?

Did you all call retentions directly? whats that number again? I will attempt tonight.

Phonenews.com said that if you didnt have any luck with this, you can contact them and they will help you out..

thats nice to hear.
    01-26-10 12:13 PM
    Keep in mind that once you pay your bill with the new changes on it, you in essence agree to the new terms...
    01-26-10 01:41 PM
    Keep in mind that once you pay your bill with the new changes on it, you in essence agree to the new terms...
    can you elaborate on what you just said? i guess the new terms would just be the increase .40 regulatory charge and the fact that youre just on a month to month now? Is that correct?

thanks
    01-26-10 02:03 PM
264 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD