Uh oh, here we go again. Looks like there's another chance to get out of your Sprint contract without paying the ETF. Please don't ask me any questions because I don't know the answers. I just thought I share this for those of you who'd like to know...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/974336/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 03:07 PM

Sprint ETF--Get out of your contract-new reg increases in Jan 2010 - Page 1 of 3

thanks for the info

k000 said:
    is it possible to get out of the contract and still keep the service ?

Yeah, same question...no interest in canceling SERO, but I'd love to be able to "end my contract" so I'd be eligible for an upgrade again

im wondering about this .. is that possible?? cancel the conract and just stick to month to month with sprint ??
    12-07-09 03:36 PM
    I don't think it's possible to cancel your contract and keep your service. It's either all or nothing, but call Sprint and find out just to be sure.
    12-07-09 03:51 PM
    Yeah if you are out of your 2 year contract they dont make you sign a new contract...you just go month to month...if you own a phone and want to port your number to a carrier...then you become a month to month customer...you don't have to sign a contract
    12-07-09 04:10 PM
    So starting next year I can cancel all three lines and not pay etf?

12-07-09 05:05 PM
    So starting next year I can cancel all three lines and not pay etf?

yes you have to call to cancel and use that as your reason for cancelling. you have 30 days to do it
    12-07-09 06:22 PM
    Next year or now? I haven't received my email invoice yet so what's the situation? (I don't want to drop my Sprint line, but my fiancee works for Verizon...so yeah.....kind of awkward :P)
    12-07-09 06:33 PM
    I love threads designed to encourage people to not live up to their contractual obligations. You signed the contract. Presumably you weren't forced to do so. If you don't like the service then do what's right, pay up, and move on. WTF is happening to personal responsibility?
    12-07-09 06:38 PM
    Ignoring what jlsparks said, my gf and I are going to at least look into this. We switched from AT&T to Sprint (actually, we came BACK to Sprint after a 7 year hiatus), and we've found that the coverage isn't nearly as good as with AT&T.

I'm not dogging Sprint. The contract is great...we pay about the same amount as we did with AT&T, but get a lot more for our money. But the coverage thing isn't acceptable.

I tend to go riding (my motorcycle) out into areas where we never had a problem with AT&T's coverage, but now it looks as though we're going to incur roaming charges with Sprint. This isn't something we were aware of when signing up (and we intentionally asked about the coverage in this specific area). That's a problem. If I'm out riding for an afternoon and need to make a call to her, I don't want to incur roaming charges (be it monetary or minutes).

It doesn't hurt to look into this idea.
    12-07-09 07:01 PM
    I love threads designed to encourage people to not live up to their contractual obligations. You signed the contract. Presumably you weren't forced to do so. If you don't like the service then do what's right, pay up, and move on. WTF is happening to personal responsibility?
    WTF happened to corporate responsibility?

I agreed to a contract with Sprint under specific terms and conditions, they have decided to change them.
    12-07-09 07:45 PM
    Ignoring what jlsparks said, my gf and I are going to at least look into this. We switched from AT&T to Sprint (actually, we came BACK to Sprint after a 7 year hiatus), and we've found that the coverage isn't nearly as good as with AT&T.

I'm not dogging Sprint. The contract is great...we pay about the same amount as we did with AT&T, but get a lot more for our money. But the coverage thing isn't acceptable.

I tend to go riding (my motorcycle) out into areas where we never had a problem with AT&T's coverage, but now it looks as though we're going to incur roaming charges with Sprint. This isn't something we were aware of when signing up (and we intentionally asked about the coverage in this specific area). That's a problem. If I'm out riding for an afternoon and need to make a call to her, I don't want to incur roaming charges (be it monetary or minutes).

It doesn't hurt to look into this idea.
    Sprint doesn't charge for roaming.
    12-07-09 09:26 PM
    A 40 cent increase isn't going to make me cancel. Heh.

12-07-09 11:14 PM
    This charge is for ASL customer's only, you don't want to pay it then sign up for auto pay...plain as that. Yes it's a personal choice whether you choose to do auto pay or not...however I know alot of you are going to come back and say you're ASL customer's and you pay your bill on time etc. and if that's the case....awesome then you can sign up for autopay without having to worry about anything because you are in control of your finances...fact of the matter is alot of ASL customer's aren't. Of which causes a LOT of late payments, restorals, calls into Care, payment arrangements, etc.

Chances are if you're on ASL it's for a reason, and guess what if you prove yourself to be responsible and make those payments on time etc then the ASL will be removed and you won't have to worry about the charge anymore.

Oh and for the people who asked can you get out of your contract and keep your service....negative.

Even if you could get out of your contract and keep your service how in the h*ll would that entitle you to an upgrade? Oh and when you get that upgrade you're back in contract again...then before we know it you'll be looking for another easy out of that contract you tied yourself into...btw contract doesn't determine upgrade....the last time you upgraded determines when you can again, some people's upgrades do parallel their contract dates but alot don't due to renewal from $50 and $70 service credits or by getting one month free or 10% off for 2 years. I'm just sayin.
    Last edited by Babyk80; 12-07-09 at 11:38 PM.
    12-07-09 11:36 PM
    Hmm I will get out of contract ,Purchase 9650 at new customer price back on contract.
    Did it last rate hike & will do it on this one
    Last edited by Slingbox; 12-08-09 at 12:00 AM.
    12-07-09 11:57 PM
    Hmm I will get out of contract ,Purchase 9650 at new customer price back on contract.
    Did it last rate hike & will do it on this one
    Exactly what am i thinking right now.

i love sprint.
    12-08-09 12:05 AM
    This charge is for ASL customer's only, you don't want to pay it then sign up for auto pay...plain as that. Yes it's a personal choice whether you choose to do auto pay or not...however I know alot of you are going to come back and say you're ASL customer's and you pay your bill on time etc. and if that's the case....awesome then you can sign up for autopay without having to worry about anything because you are in control of your finances...fact of the matter is alot of ASL customer's aren't. Of which causes a LOT of late payments, restorals, calls into Care, payment arrangements, etc.

Chances are if you're on ASL it's for a reason, and guess what if you prove yourself to be responsible and make those payments on time etc then the ASL will be removed and you won't have to worry about the charge anymore.

Oh and for the people who asked can you get out of your contract and keep your service....negative.

Even if you could get out of your contract and keep your service how in the h*ll would that entitle you to an upgrade? Oh and when you get that upgrade you're back in contract again...then before we know it you'll be looking for another easy out of that contract you tied yourself into...btw contract doesn't determine upgrade....the last time you upgraded determines when you can again, some people's upgrades do parallel their contract dates but alot don't due to renewal from $50 and $70 service credits or by getting one month free or 10% off for 2 years. I'm just sayin.
    I understand were your coming from Babyk80 it all make sense BUT
    When I call to get out due to rate hike ,tell them Im moving onto Verizon I will then get transferred to cancellations were lets make a deal kicks in.
    Some may think its pretty lame to use such tactic but hey ,Sprint out to make money and I want to save some.
    12-08-09 12:21 AM
    It's not a rate hike though...it's a fee for ASL customers. Does that include you? I don't ask that maliciously...I ask it factually just to feel out the situation.

Cause the xcl w/out ETF would only apply if you're an ASL customer affected by the change. If you're just a normal customer w/no spending limit on your acct there's no "adverse" change being made to your acct therefor there would be no cause/reason/window for you to xcl w/out incurring that ETF.

Rate hike is a whole different situation.
    12-08-09 12:24 AM
    It's not a rate hike though...it's a fee for ASL customer's. Does that include you? Cause the xcl w/out ETF would only apply if you're an ASL customer affected by the change. If you're just a normal customer there's no "adverse" change being made to your acct therefor there would be no cause/reason/window for you to xcl w/out incurring that ETF.

Rate hike is a whole different situation.
    Nope Im not ASL customer.
    40c doesn't apply no way to play the Sprint game I lose.
    12-08-09 12:29 AM
    How exactly does this work? I'm looking into it, my phone has signal seizures in my house (I've got a strongish VZW signal, a weak, unusable Sprint signal, and my phone constantly bounces between both making it so I don't get emails or calls or anything. I can't force roam either). I was gonna roam my way out, but this seems easier. Sprint says I'm supposed to have "good" coverage, btw
    12-08-09 02:25 AM
    Dumb question, but what does ASL mean?
    12-08-09 07:44 AM
    ASL = Account Spending Limit...

Now, if you guys READ your T&C, this won't work...due to this claus (From the T&C directly)...

"Surcharges
    You agree to pay all surcharges ("Surcharges"), which may include, but are not limited to: Federal Universal Service, various regulatory charges, Sprint administrative charges, gross receipts charges, and charges for the costs we incur in complying with governmental programs. Surcharges are not taxes and are not required by law. They are rates we choose to collect from you and are kept by us in whole or in part. The number and type of Surcharges may vary depending upon the location of the billing address of the Device and can change over time. We determine the rate for these charges and these amounts are subject to change as are the components used to calculate these amounts. We will provide you notice of any changes to Surcharges in a manner consistent with this Agreement (see "Providing Notice To Each Other Under The Agreement" section). However, since some Surcharges are based on amounts set by the government or based on government formulas, it will not always be possible to provide advance notice of new Surcharges or changes in the amount of existing Surcharges. Information on Surcharges is provided during the sales transaction and is available on our website"

Specifically this point...

"We determine the rate for these charges and these amounts are subject to change as are the components used to calculate these amounts."

If they tell you it can change, then you agreed to the fact it can change. Not defending Sprint here, but, I mean, come on...
    12-08-09 08:11 AM
    What I am still finding hard to understand is, Is it 30 days from being informed of the coming change or 30 days from the day that the change goes into effect?

I would at least like to get sprint to get me on a retention plan or some sort of deal based on this "materially adverse change."
    12-08-09 11:19 AM
    What I am still finding hard to understand is, Is it 30 days from being informed of the coming change or 30 days from the day that the change goes into effect?

I would at least like to get sprint to get me on a retention plan or some sort of deal based on this "materially adverse change."
    This isn't intended to be offensive (I know, post that start that way usually are, but I mean it...), but why do you feel you're entitled to some "deal" as a result of their changing something they're entitled to change, and which you agreed to?
    12-08-09 11:27 AM
    Well, if everyone else gets these outlandish deals from sprint, Why should I pay full price?
    12-08-09 11:33 AM
    So do I have 30 days from the first of the year(2010)?

12-09-09 10:54 AM
264 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD