Yea,the more i think about the title, it somewhat reminds me of that 1 cup 2 girl thing.

ANYWAYS, I have 2 blackberries.

1 is from AT&T that I have w/ the BIS / Data Plan. It's in excellent shape and it's the one I normally carry.

The second, is a spare (received in a trade) and it's a lil dinged up but it works.
    I'm going out on vacation soon and want to use the dinged up BB, so if it get's dropped, I'm not going to freak out.

So if I put my AT&T sim in the 2nd phone (and yes it's unlocked), everything should show, ie...mailboxes/browswer/etc?

And if that's the case, when I get home , i can pop the sim back in the other BB?

I know this is a bit confusing and convoluted....but then again, So am I.
    07-20-08 04:50 PM
    1) 2 girls 1 cup... LMAO! not what you said

2) You are correct. Your SIM will work in any GSM device... as long as it is for your carrier or unlocked!
    07-20-08 04:54 PM
    Heh.

So if I do put the excisting sim into the older bb, is there anything I need to do? Such as resend the service books? I know I'd have to turn on the network feature..as it's off now as there's a pre paid sim in it.
    07-20-08 05:01 PM
    From my understanding, email is attached to the device's PIN. But no one is stopping you from putting your SIM card in and seeing if it works. This is the sort of question where I don't understand why you don't just try it and find out for yourself...
    07-20-08 05:06 PM
    sunkast -

Well, it's not that hard to figure out, I don't want to screw anything up.
    I'm off to switch sims...wish me luck kids.
    07-20-08 05:08 PM
    Yea,the more i think about the title, it somewhat reminds me of that 1 cup 2 girl thing.

You thought all that from just the title of a thread? You nasty man! How many times did you watch that video?
    07-20-08 05:11 PM
    I got,oh maybe a half a minute into it....
    07-20-08 05:19 PM
    It will work, but you would need to do two things, use the switch device wizard to transfer all contacts, messages and BB messenger contacts to it and also update your BIS website with the new IMEI and PIN.

Doing this will enable your email boxes to show up just like your current Blackberry.
    07-20-08 07:13 PM
    I would also suggest that you have ATT resend your service books. Tell them that you are going on vacation they will understand.
    07-20-08 07:22 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

set up an account, then when u need to, change the pin to the banged up bb. When u get back, change it back...
    07-21-08 06:31 PM
    So if I do put the existing sim into the older bb, is there anything I need to do? Such as resend the service books? I know I'd have to turn on the network feature..as it's off now as there's a pre paid sim in it.
    You'll have to log it to BIS, register the old BB and send the service books to the new device--at least that's my understanding.
    07-24-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD