Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So Bit of a chirp on Global yesterday that reported the results from the data collected on Canadian carrier complaints. Sorry I don't have the link but generally Bell/Rogers had the vast majority of complaints>50%. They explained away this was due to having the majority of customers but that didn't explain the extremely low percent of complaints from Telus at 6%.
    I am a fan of koodo which advertises as the most recommended cell provider in Canada.
    I am generally not a fan of the big 3 but obviously Telus is doing something right and should be commended.
    11-06-14 12:25 PM
    telus rocks, with customer service, had a problem with the passport called bb they told me to take it to my carrier.. they spent 2 hours trying to find the problem to correct it.. started as one sales person but by the time they found how to fix the camera they had 4 sales staff working on it, and billing related issues they well for me the customer is always right and reduce the charges or to get more bang for your buck for the same price but you do have to call and haggle with them.
    11-06-14 12:58 PM
    Koodo satisfied customer here.

Reminder to future Koodo customers, get a referral from an existing Koodo customer before signing up for $25 bonus each.

*cough*

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:37 PM
    Koodo is owned by telus, in case nobody realised.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    11-08-14 11:14 PM
    Is Koodo a prepaid version of Telus? I might need a referral... I'm just starting to decide which would be best for an upcoming trip around Thunder Bay to Mackinac Island and then back to the states. On another thread people told me either Rogers or Telus was the way to go if I want coverage in between the small towns. Do you agree?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 12:26 PM
    Is Koodo a prepaid version of Telus? I might need a referral... I'm just starting to decide which would be best for an upcoming trip around Thunder Bay to Mackinac Island and then back to the states. On another thread people told me either Rogers or Telus was the way to go if I want coverage in between the small towns. Do you agree?

Posted via CB10
    I would choose Rogers for coverage-this from a Thunder Bay resident. Telus is a second choice because of a few ,more dead spots along the trans Canada highway than Rogers has. There are also a couple of dead spots for Rogers as well. You can check out both coverage maps at: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/network-coverage and at Coverage map | 4G HSPA & LTE network in Canada | Mobility | TELUS.com . I have driven this highway many times and can pick out the dead spots between Thunder Bay and Sault Ste. Marie. Hope this helps and have a nice trip, it is a beautiful drive.
    07-19-15 12:42 PM
    Wish I was with Telus.

Wait, I am!

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    07-19-15 12:56 PM
    Brookie, thanks for the input! Do you know if Rogers has a prepaid plan like AT&T go phone? Originally I was going to try finding a second tier carrier that uses Rogers the way that here many re-sell AT&T or T-Mobile. But so far I haven't been able to find one that I can confirm. As you saw above I'd hoped that Koodo would work but it seems silly to pick it if Rogers has better coverage along my route.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 02:44 PM
    In Ontario, Rogers and Telus have very similar prepaid plans, but they charge more on different things. For one, Rogers if I remember, charges you more per minute with calls.

If you want cheap prepaid plans, PC Mobile (Bell) has various packages: $15 for 30 days, $25 or $50 for 60 days, and $100 for a year.

PC's coverage is mediocre, but not as bad as Wind. You also can't roam.

I'm satisfied with my Data-messaging 20 from Telus. The only shortcoming I've run into was this month dealing with Pan Am volunteers and having to call them a lot. $20 for unlimited texts and 100MB of data, then whatever else you're willing to stick on for calling minutes. (15 cents local, 50 cents long-distance) Usually this covers me, but this month has cost me a lot on the calling side of things.

I've been fairly happy with Telus, except for their credit card policies, which on PC are much more relaxed. I had some complaints on that, but it's alright now.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-24-15 03:45 PM
    I'm on Koodo prepaid. If you set up auto-pay on your credit card, it's$13.50 a month for unlimited SMS/MMS. You add "boosters" to that and they carry over from month to month and never expire if you keep the account active (pay your monthly fee).

The largest boosters cost $25 for 500 minutes (Canada-wide), which works out to 5 cents a minute; and $30 per GB (and MMS messages don't count against your data).

I've rarely ended up spending more than $20 a month all in, and I've noticed that a lot of the low-usage contract plans are more expensive for less service.

As an added bonus, out here in BC, Telus/Koodo have the best rural coverage.

If I was going with a contract, I'd be on Public Mobile. It's also Telus-owned and has great deals.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Johnny Dollar and Noirbleuet like this.
    10-17-15 04:54 PM
    Telus is great, I was with them for 8ish years before switching to wind.

I switched to wind because of the cheap prices, and unlimited data plans.

I do miss telus tho, faster network, better coverage, and better customer support.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 04:14 PM
    Really enjoyed Telus' network and customer service. Unfortunately their plans don't work well for me.

I heavily dislike Fido.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    01-15-16 05:58 PM
    I'm on Koodo prepaid. If you set up auto-pay on your credit card, it's$13.50 a month for unlimited SMS/MMS. You add "boosters" to that and they carry over from month to month and never expire if you keep the account active (pay your monthly fee).

The largest boosters cost $25 for 500 minutes (Canada-wide), which works out to 5 cents a minute; and $30 per GB (and MMS messages don't count against your data).

I've rarely ended up spending more than $20 a month all in, and I've noticed that a lot of the low-usage contract plans are more expensive for less service.

As an added bonus, out here in BC, Telus/Koodo have the best rural coverage.

If I was going with a contract, I'd be on Public Mobile. It's also Telus-owned and has great deals.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    $20/month? How? You must not be using any data or that 1G/$30 must be lasting you multiple month's? My bare minimum data usage is 500mb/month with using WiFi at home.

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    01-25-16 09:42 AM
    $20/month? How? You must not be using any data or that 1G/$30 must be lasting you multiple month's? My bare minimum data usage is 500mb/month with using WiFi at home.
    Yeah. Definitely. I don't use much data. I'm in a wifi zone at home and at work. On a monthly basis, I think I use about 50 minutes or less of talk ($2.50), less than 80 mb of cellular data, mostly checking email ($2.40), and a few hundred texts ($13.50 flat fee). So I am a low usage customer.

On the other hand, I don't think I could get a plan like mine any cheaper in Canada, which is why I chirped in here. Every other low-usage contract/prepaid service in Canada costs more for less service. And then there are the extras: they gouge you for long-distance (often 50 cents a minute), charge you a per-message fee for MMS messages, hit you with overages (which don't exist on Koodo prepaid), and, of course, if you're on a contract, they may be charging you for minutes and data that you may not use. The low end is pretty ugly!
    01-25-16 11:15 AM
    Yeah. Definitely. I don't use much data. I'm in a wifi zone at home and at work. On a monthly basis, I think I use about 50 minutes or less of talk ($2.50), less than 80 mb of cellular data, mostly checking email ($2.40), and a few hundred texts ($13.50 flat fee). So I am a low usage customer.

On the other hand, I don't think I could get a plan like mine any cheaper in Canada, which is why I chirped in here. Every other low-usage contract/prepaid service in Canada costs more for less service. And then there are the extras: they gouge you for long-distance (often 50 cents a minute), charge you a per-message fee for MMS messages, hit you with overages (which don't exist on Koodo prepaid), and, of course, if you're on a contract, they may be charging you for minutes and data that you may not use. The low end is pretty ugly!
    I wasn't trying to create trouble, I just got a little hyper when you said $20/mth for cell service lol. What you did is great and started me thinking about my plan. I'm paying $45.20 inclusive for my Wind unlimited plan which has served me well for the last 3 years. Doing the math on your plan it would cost me $28-29 which is still cheaper than what I'm paying now i'd just have to REALLY watch my data. Got me thinking. Thanks.

Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 01-25-16 at 07:45 PM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    01-25-16 02:27 PM
    I wasn't trying to create trouble, I just got a little hyper when you said $20/mth for cell service lol. What you did is great and started me thinking about my plan. I'm paying $45.20 inclusive for my Wind unlimited plan which has served me well for the last 3 years. Doing the math on your plan it would cost me $28-29 which is still cheaper than what I'm paying now i'd just have to REALLY watch my data. Got me thinking. Thanks.

If I was looking at around $30, I might switch to Public Mobile. $105 for 90 days (prepaid), including unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited SMS/MMS, and 1GB of data (so 333 MB a month). It would depend on how much you call. On Koodo prepaid, that plan is 70.50 for the SMS/MMS and data before you add on your calling minutes... so it might be cheaper on Koodo still, if you don't call much.

I'm starting to make this thread sound like redflagdeals.com
    01-25-16 09:37 PM
    If I was looking at around $30, I might switch to Public Mobile. $105 for 90 days (prepaid), including unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited SMS/MMS, and 1GB of data (so 333 MB a month). It would depend on how much you call. On Koodo prepaid, that plan is 70.50 for the SMS/MMS and data before you add on your calling minutes... so it might be cheaper on Koodo still, if you don't call much.

I'm starting to make this thread sound like redflagdeals.com
    As you said before it really is slim pickins at the low end. The Public Mobile plan sounds enticing too but @35.00/month if it was me I would spend the extra $5/month more (my plan) to get an extra 4GB/month and unlimited US calling/texting.

01-25-16 10:33 PM
    Interesting info guys, thanks. Shuswap, are you in BC. I am and I'm with Telus for the last 10 years. I am nervous to go with another carrier because Telus has the best rural coverage. But they won't give me a deal for a new phone. Subsidies don't seem worth it anymore but the upfront cost of a PRIV is making me hold off. I have been off contract for 6 months. Today is the first time I have heard of public mobile and now it's on several threads. Lol. So, is public mobile only prepaid? Sounds like the 90 days plans are a good option. I have two devices sharing 1 gb right now and I pay $120/month.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 12:49 PM
    Yes, I'm in BC. Koodo and Public are on Telus towers, and my coverage is just as good as when I was on Telus. I understand about the coverage issue. I drive to Alberta through Jasper and the Telus/Koodo/Public coverage is way better than Rogers out here.

If you switch to Koodo, you don't even have to unlock your Telus phone. I suspect that the same is true for Public Mobile too.

Public is only prepaid. Koodo has both prepaid and postpaid plans.

Oh, and when I switched to Koodo, I was able to port my old phone number over from Telus online, and the port took effect immediately. So it's an easy switch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Noirbleuet likes this.
    02-24-16 10:38 PM
    Yes, I'm in BC. Koodo and Public are on Telus towers, and my coverage is just as good as when I was on Telus. I understand about the coverage issue. I drive to Alberta through Jasper and the Telus/Koodo/Public coverage is way better than Rogers out here.

If you switch to Koodo, you don't even have to unlock your Telus phone. I suspect that the same is true for Public Mobile too.

Public is only prepaid. Koodo has both prepaid and postpaid plans.

Oh, and when I switched to Koodo, I was able to port my old phone number over from Telus online, and the port took effect immediately. So it's an easy switch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Just helped switched my buddys carrier from Rogers to Public.... The port took abt 1/2hr to 1 hr .... Pretty fast too..... love publics service ... Youll get used to the online moderator cusyomer service thing .... I have good experience... Dealing with my port from Virgin. Took for ever (bell like to hold their numbers). Porting from PC mobile was quick too (i have multi lines btw).... Being able to send a pic of your current providers agreement helps too. (If you have a byod plan (you only got a sim when u move over) on your current provider ... good idea to send a moderator a pic of the agreement ans your IMEI would probably be a bogus one as the case with my ex virgin account... Public didnt beleive me... Thought i made up the IMEI haha.... I said no Virgin did that
    11-21-17 03:18 PM