Hey guys

So I'm currently with Bell, I have another year with them

I'm kinda sick of paying so much for so long so I went with Wind Mobile for a month, just to test it out.

I like it, reception isn't the greatest, but for $35 it is pretty good. I currently pay $73 for bell.

I'm thinking of cancelling my contract with bell and go full wind mobile, however I travel for work frequently and I do not want to be paying wind roaming charges.

So I'm thinking of getting like a prepaid plan with virgin or koodo, and use the sim when I travel, then use wind mobile when I'm at home

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:25 AM
    In my opinion... If you want a quality device to run as best it can, stop nickel and diming yourself.
    Get a plan that all around fulfill your needs.

I'm in the states with AT&T. They offer a lot of choices in plans. For 60 bucks 450 anytime minutes with rollover 5,000 nite and weekend minutes
    NationWide Long Distance and roaming, unlimited mobile to mobile Call forward, Caller ID Call waiting Conference calls unlimited IM, visual voice mail...

Unlike a lot of people I have had great success with them for about 7 years now.
    I know that doesn't help you where you are though!
    06-20-14 04:58 AM
    Nope doesn't help at all but thanks for replying at least!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:02 AM
    If you use the "travel" one more than a little imm going to bet you end up paying about the same for less service. Also your number is going to change between sims/phones.

For me I just pay telus and it works great almost anywhere in canada. I know I can get it cheaper and the price pisses me off a bit but it's the tradeoff I have to make, to me I get value out of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:28 PM
    If you remain on wind, I suggest (if on pay before) top up extra to cover the roaming (data, sms, talk) needed, but if on pay after, you can get it on your next invoice, just monitor it wisely. Or submit an extra payment, to cover roaming. That's what I did before I travelled to cobourg and back. But yeah, if it's only the talk and SMS you use the most, a prepaid sim for the other carriers definitely will help if coverage is most important.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    07-23-14 03:34 PM
    get a data only plan from fido.
    then get an itsp and a sip client.

you can pm me for more info if you like.
    07-27-14 04:29 PM
    get a data only plan from fido.
    then get an itsp and a sip client.

you can pm me for more info if you like.
    The data only plans are like 500mb

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 08:22 PM
    The data only plans are like 500mb

Posted via CB10
    LTE Mobile Hotspot | Plans | SHOP | Fido.ca

lte mobile hotspot plan (which can be used in a phone)
    up to 150 megabyes $10.00
    up to 1 gigabyte $25.00
    up to 5 gigabytes $35.00
    Additional Data $10.00 per gigabyte
    07-29-14 10:11 AM
    LTE Mobile Hotspot | Plans | SHOP | Fido.calte mobile hotspot plan (which can be used in a phone)up to 150 megabyes $10.00up to 1 gigabyte $25.00up to 5 gigabytes $35.00Additional Data $10.00 per gigabyte
    Highly doubt you can use the data-only plans for a phone without them forcing a voice/sms plan on you. It's expensive. However if you are within the city and don't care about LTE, wind's data is good, possibly better, without overages per GB, you just get slowed down after 5GB or 10GB with the addon.
    07-29-14 04:58 PM
    Highly doubt you can use the data-only plans for a phone without them forcing a voice/sms plan on you. It's expensive. However if you are within the city and don't care about LTE, wind's data is good, possibly better, without overages per GB, you just get slowed down after 5GB or 10GB with the addon.
    I have three lines configured exactly as stated (no sms/no voice). Winds data has too much latency and jitter to be useful for voip.
    07-29-14 08:57 PM
    I have three lines configured exactly as stated (no sms/no voice). Winds data has too much latency and jitter to be useful for voip.
    All really depends on your physical location too.
    07-31-14 03:11 AM
    All really depends on your physical location too.
    I tested voip over wireless primarily with fido, virgin and wind because these carriers have data only plans that can be used with phones. Fido was the best, virgin was second and wind was last. I tested wind from the top of their Toronto coverage area to the bottom and side to side and it was pretty bad.

I really wanted wind to be satisfactory because it was/is the best price.
    07-31-14 07:18 AM
    Hey guys

So I'm currently with Bell, I have another year with them

I'm kinda sick of paying so much for so long so I went with Wind Mobile for a month, just to test it out.

I like it, reception isn't the greatest, but for $35 it is pretty good. I currently pay $73 for bell.

I'm thinking of cancelling my contract with bell and go full wind mobile, however I travel for work frequently and I do not want to be paying wind roaming charges.

So I'm thinking of getting like a prepaid plan with virgin or koodo, and use the sim when I travel, then use wind mobile when I'm at home

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I hope u found something that works for u buy I am always amazed when I see a comparison with a contract (2 year) to a prepaid. The comparison is really weird in my mind because these are apples and oranges. The prepaid wind looks and is cheaper because you have to own the phone. The Bell probably includes the phone cost amortised over 2 years. I would never buy a phone on contract- ever. Buy a phone on your credit card and then shop for the plan to take advantage of the best plans.
    11-01-14 11:54 AM
    Yea I'm still deciding

My contact ends Sept 2015 so I have about another year to go

I might buy the passport unlocked when my contract is gone

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 05:28 PM
    Since the carriers have been forced to bring all of their contracts down to 2 year terms, the plans are all more expensive than ever.
    Something they don't advertise though, is if you sign up on a month to month contract (same plans as what you have now) with a phone that you bought outright (the Passport from shopblackberry or amazon) they will give you an additional 10% off your monthly bill. Doesn't count huge but it adds up over a couple years.
    You're better off with the plan you have from Bell now and get the discount once your contract is up because they are no longer subsidizing your phone for you.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-14 10:16 PM