Earlier this week WIND Mobile released it's new plan packages and it looks like Telus, Bell, and Rogers will be forced to lower their rates and provide wider coverage or lose a lot of customers. WIND Mobile's $60 plan includes the following:

WHAT'S INCLUDED
    Up to $500 in
    Bring/Buy Your Own Phone Credits or WINDtab
    Unlimited Data, Talk, Text and US Roaming
    Unlimited Canada/US-wide Calling
    Unlimited Global Texting
    Unlimited Canada/US wide Picture/Video Messaging
    Unlimited Data (Fair Usage Policy Applies)
    Voicemail+
    Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
    World Saver Talk & Text (International Calling from 1/min to over 200 places & Unlimited Global Text)
    No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees
    Use your features anywhere on our network

This plan is a North American plan and includes US Roaming. If you have traveled to the US with your Rogers, Bell, or Telus phone (this includes their subsidiaries) you will have noticed how much extra it would have cost to you either buy a plan or be dinged on your bill.
    04-17-14 06:07 AM
    Let's give them a couple of days and see what they can come up with. I seriously doubt we'll see unlimited data from the big 3, though. At least on a reasonably priced plan.
    04-17-14 06:14 AM
    WIND isn't seen as much of a threat for the big three. With them also out of the auction they can pump out ads of how technologically superior they are now.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 07:13 AM
    I know rogers, bell and telus (and their subsidiaries) will be attacking the wind facebook page to spread misinformation/pose as "disappointed customers", seen it all too much. But once the mods figure it out, they're ignored.

Notice chat-r (ogers) doesn't even mention on the website that they ARE rogers? It's a front group for one thing. I think koodo (telus) is the same, so is virgin mobile (bell), fido (rogers). If people knew this, they'd be leaving them too. Wish they would put their damn logos on the banners so people would know exactly who the hell they're dealing with anyways. Public should have the telus logo on them too.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-22-14 03:05 AM
    Rogers & Bell have Free Incoming Text Messages while roaming worldwide. So As long Data Roaming is OFF everything is fine. Just use WIFI. Also Declined Calls are not billed only bases on "Usage".
    Im not sure why still TELUS charges 0.60cents per incoming. Thats not fair at all. They kinda force you to buy a travel pack to save u on the incoming charges? But Rogers has gotten a little better by taking out the PER MB rate. Now they base it on Per day rate which i think is much better than paying $15/MB. But if you leave data off you don't have to worry about it.
    04-22-14 09:16 AM
    Wind is not Canada wide, not even with their partners. National coverage costs money to build.
    09-07-14 11:54 AM
    Wind is great for what you pay but there is a serious downside in terms of coverage, even in the wind zone. Hopefully, their recent sale will inject enough capital to really notch up their service and provide a real alternative to the big 3.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 08:41 AM
    Wind is not Canada wide, not even with their partners. National coverage costs money to build.
    Doesn't the roaming free charge cover the not covered area?

Z10
    09-19-14 09:17 AM
    Doesn't the roaming free charge cover the not covered area?

Z10
    Only when you're in a Wind zone. "Away Zones" are not included and will cost extra.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:55 AM
    Uhm this isn't exactly new from Wind, they arent even on the radar of t he Big3, don't expect any response.
    10-02-14 06:38 AM
    Just left Rogers for WIND, had a 6GB plan with Rogers, that I consistently used up on a monthly basis. So overage charges were an issue. I spent the better part of 2 weeks weighing my options and finally decided to jump ship and sign on with Wind. The customer service was miles above what I ever got from Rogers, I got a 250$ service credit for bringing my old phone over, I have a 40$ plan that includes unlimited data (throttled over 5GB) nationwide calling, global text, and all the voice mail and calling features. I had none of these features with the Rogers plan. Sure the Wind network has its drawbacks but for me I am inside a wind zone 98% of the time so it's a non-issue for me. I am so glad I switched, and the cost savings are a huge plus!

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    10-07-14 10:46 AM
    But the area coverage is horrendous!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 11:04 AM
    But the area coverage is horrendous!

Posted via CB10
    Its growing now that its Shaw
    11-22-17 12:55 PM
    It's gotten so much better. Just wait until this spring... LTE bands 4 and 7 in the GTDPHA.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    02-02-18 12:00 AM