82 123 ...
tools
    2 lines 135.00 includes nation wide talk and text and.2.5 gigs of data

What do you pay?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 07:27 AM
    $12.00 per month.
    02-19-16 07:33 AM
    $39/mo for unlimited talk, text, and data. Wind Mobile, in Canada.

2nd line on 7-11's Speak Out PAYG for emergencies, runs about $2/mo to keep the line and 25cents / minute on occasions when it's used.
    02-19-16 07:39 AM
    Yes but Winds network is not reliable you don't get coverage like the other national networks

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:36 AM
    Yes but Winds network is not reliable you don't get coverage like the other national networks

Posted via CB10
    True. But I love Wind. Works for me since I don't really leave Toronto.

If you have to leave Toronto, you're stuck paying ridiculous charges.

Canada needs real competition, and they need MVNOs.

Furthermore, Shaw buying Wind just means that in a few years when their network does become more stable, they'll just rip us off as well.

I would keep in mind Wind was the first full 3G network, no 2G fall back. And the first with HD voice.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-19-16 08:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    That was my experience also.
    If either of you are interested in how I pay so little PM me.
    02-19-16 08:45 AM
    Hmm ya I would love to know

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:47 AM
    Rogers was the first to roll out nation wide 3G

Bell and TELUS have a signed agreement to share towers nation wide. This gives them the biggest network in Canada

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:49 AM
    Hmm ya I would love to know

Posted via CB10
    Then PM me please.
    02-19-16 08:50 AM

Furthermore, Shaw buying Wind just means that in a few years when their network does become more stable, they'll just rip us off as well.

I would keep in mind Wind was the first full 3G network, no 2G fall back. And the first with HD voice.

The latency, jitter and loss on their network are all pretty bad.
    Also UMTS4 frequencies that they use don't penetrate buildings very well at all.
    02-19-16 08:52 AM
    This ain't anything new. They've been ripping us all off for years and years to come with so little options. It cracks me up seeing how the big three were trying to convince us the consumers not to sign with Verizon if they come into the Canadian market, etc. As soon as Verizon pulled out. The big three were quick to increase the rates and cut the offers. Bunch of punk a$$'s

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer and Sal1982 like this.
    02-19-16 09:10 AM
    Email me Connors1987@hotmail.com

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 09:31 AM
    In South Africa MTN charges around R1700 pm for its unlimited packages. At current exchange rates that's about $106 US... Guess we are not one of the cheapest either....

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I get better reception with Wind than my father does with Telus in Vancouver city. They're also expanding and upgrading their network constantly.

And I pay half the price and get double the customer service.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    02-19-16 10:17 AM
    Then PM me please.
    Me too. Just did.
    02-19-16 10:18 AM
    I get better reception with Wind than my father does with Telus in Vancouver city. They're also expanding and upgrading their network constantly.

And I pay half the price and get double the customer service.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    Wind customer service is worse than any of the other large carriers.
    Which is really saying something.
    02-19-16 10:29 AM

I'm running about $140/month, with LTE and unlimited data Canada-wide, all the texting and voice minutes we need. I also have internet tethering on my line, for tech support on the road. The only thing we don't have is a long distance package.
    I'm on MTS (Manitoba) and have great coverage all over the West.

The reason I quoted a previous poster was that I have NO idea what "MVNO" is - remember when posting folks, there are some dinosaurs out there who don't spend all their time watching the very latest trends. I've had to learn to reign in my "techno-speak" so that non-technical people will actually listen to me.
    02-19-16 10:33 AM
    I'm running about $140/month, with LTE and unlimited data Canada-wide, all the texting and voice minutes we need. I also have internet tethering on my line, for tech support on the road. The only thing we don't have is a long distance package.
    I'm on MTS (Manitoba) and have great coverage all over the West.

The reason I quoted a previous poster was that I have NO idea what "MVNO" is - remember when posting folks, there are some dinosaurs out there who don't spend all their time watching the very latest trends. I've had to learn to reign in my "techno-speak" so that non-technical people will actually listen to me.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobi...twork_operator

Google is your friend.
    02-19-16 10:39 AM
    Wind customer service is worse than any of the other large carriers.
    Which is really saying something.
    Oh yes. This is absolutely correct. When Rogers has better customer service than you, that's shameful.

Still, reception is fine for me, data speeds are acceptable, and I pay 40 bucks for unlimited everything.

If the next closest was like 50 or 60 dollars, I would consider switching.

But the closest is a minimum of 65 dollars, for 500Mb of data. But hey, unlimited minutes. Awesome for people who don't make calls anymore.

02-19-16 10:41 AM
    Oh yes. This is absolutely correct. When Rogers has better customer service than you, that's shameful.

Still, reception is fine for me, data speeds are acceptable, and I pay 40 bucks for unlimited everything.

If the next closest was like 50 or 60 dollars, I would consider switching.

But the closest is a minimum of 65 dollars, for 500Mb of data. But hey, unlimited minutes. Awesome for people who don't make calls anymore.

You seem to have missed what I pay.
    anon(8393425) likes this.
    02-19-16 10:43 AM
    I was fortunate and got in on a good plan with Rogers before the switch to two year contracts came into effect. I pay $60/month and get 6GB data, My10 (there really aren't more than 10 numbers that I call regularly anyway), unlimited texts and 200 weekday minutes with evenings starting at 6pm.

I've already looked at the other major carriers' plans and to get an equivalent plan to mine using today's pricing model, it would cost me about double what I'm paying now.

The only downside to it is that I can't get device subsidies on this plan, which means I have to purchase any new phone outright. It can be an upside too, because I'm not necessarily attached to any carrier and I have choices. In reality though, because of the way prices are these days, I'm effectively attached to Rogers because I can't afford to go anywhere else ;-)

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    02-19-16 11:02 AM
    CRTC rejected regulating MVNOs. Story here: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...sion-1.3454095

I have a good plan but it's a corporate code discount.

Fido is currently running a tablet plan that is usage tiered. Bottom tier is $15. If you don't mind doing your talking over data then this might be worth getting. The 5 GB tier is $35. I'm contemplating whether I should get it and let it sit at $15 even though I already have a 6 GB Corp plan. I usually Hotspot everything especially now that the Internet is out at my house.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 11:15 AM
    I was fortunate and got in on a good plan with Rogers before the switch to two year contracts came into effect. I pay $60/month and get 6GB data, My10 (there really aren't more than 10 numbers that I call regularly anyway), unlimited texts and 200 weekday minutes with evenings starting at 6pm.

I've already looked at the other major carriers' plans and to get an equivalent plan to mine using today's pricing model, it would cost me about double what I'm paying now.

The only downside to it is that I can't get device subsidies on this plan, which means I have to purchase any new phone outright. It can be an upside too, because I'm not necessarily attached to any carrier and I have choices. In reality though, because of the way prices are these days, I'm effectively attached to Rogers because I can't afford to go anywhere else ;-)

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    Check the math on those device subsidies.
    Device subsidies don't really exist.
    02-19-16 11:32 AM
    You seem to have missed what I pay.
    Do you live in Ontario? Otherwise I don't care what you pay.

02-19-16 11:36 AM
    Do you live in Ontario? Otherwise I don't care what you pay.

Yes I do live in Ontario.
    02-19-16 11:36 AM
82 123 ...