rogers just got on my bad side.

I didnt pay my bill last month because obviously food>phone.

So because of that they cut my service off.

This month, I payed it. Now I've found out that I am being charged 40 dollars for reactivation fees, and then 2 dollars for overdue fees. This already on top of the 88 a month I pay for a measly 6 gigs of stupid data that I burn through in like 6 days.

I would like to know, which of the carriers has the best deal on data and wont charge me more than my groceries each month.

Wind is not an option as I travel outside the city.

I live in Hamilton, Ontario Canada.

(If I can buy an Unlimited Data Plan for 50 Dollars, why is a 3 gig plan with Virgin Mobile 106 dollars.? Get off your gold plated toilets and have some god damned respect for the people of this nation)
    anon(870071) likes this.
    09-10-14 12:22 AM
    Unfortunately, most of the current in-market plans from the big 3 aren't very wallet friendly when it comes to data. You use to be able to get 6gb of data with a voice plan for around $60. Now it'll run over $100.
    09-10-14 01:03 AM
    I hear koodo isn't bad price wise. Rogers billing sucks. I spend two hours on the phone every month to fight over the overeage charges that are supposed to be credits from the previous month. All the major cell providers have increased there plans to a minimum of $80 a month for something half decent but for anthing decent, it's over a 100 bucks a month now.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-10-14 01:49 AM
    get this LTE Mobile Hotspot | Plans | SHOP | Fido.ca
    and a voip service.

PM me and I will help you if you like.
    09-10-14 08:50 AM
    OP most companies will cut you off if you don't pay your bill. That is not a Rogers exclusive policy. The reactivation fee is just another way to get revenue for the shareholders.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 09:17 AM
    Like mentioned, most carriers charge $80+ for barely any data, you might be best to stay with your plan and stick it out for a bit then maybe talk to their loyalty dept to see what they might be able to do to help you with more data

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 10:35 AM
    OP
    I'm thinking you better switch to a prepay phone. That way month to month carrier bills are more of an option. Koodoo prepay will roll over your data and minutes if you keep your monthly plan current. The minimum monthly is only 15 bucks. This way you can maybe manage your useage when around your current budget.
    Reality is that non payment is not an option though asking for a new registration fee after 1month seems a bit tough. Doubt that could happen. With. A land line.
    09-11-14 07:45 AM
    rogers just got on my bad side.

I didnt pay my bill last month because obviously food>phone.

So because of that they cut my service off.

This month, I payed it. Now I've found out that I am being charged 40 dollars for reactivation fees, and then 2 dollars for overdue fees. This already on top of the 88 a month I pay for a measly 6 gigs of stupid data that I burn through in like 6 days.

I would like to know, which of the carriers has the best deal on data and wont charge me more than my groceries each month.

Wind is not an option as I travel outside the city.

I live in Hamilton, Ontario Canada.

(If I can buy an Unlimited Data Plan for 50 Dollars, why is a 3 gig plan with Virgin Mobile 106 dollars.? Get off your gold plated toilets and have some god damned respect for the people of this nation)
    Check out Public Mobile...theyre Telus... Ill give u a referal ($1 off) so u get the discount. And they accepts visa debit payments ...auto pay give u $2 off too. But everything is done online.... And byod only.

Sim cards can be bought on the website or Walmart ($10). I have 3 lines with them. Pick and choose your plan on the site as u register the sim.

Good luck
    11-22-17 01:02 PM
    I left bell and went to PC and I have a data plan that I only pay what I use. I just convinced my father to get a phone and since he didn't want a plan he uses their pay as you go play. Download the app and pay with your debit right there. he seems to like that plan so far.
    12-10-17 02:02 PM
    Your options probably won't be better anywhere else. You should pay your bills on time since cell phone carriers report you to the credit bureau.
    12-10-17 02:09 PM
    12-13-17 08:25 PM