Hijacking continues! If it was the Zed 10, the name of it wouldn't be z10. It would have the ed after the z.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Eh
    02-18-13 07:31 AM
    In English language letter Z is pronounced zed. Not zee. I really don't the reason for arguing.

Posted via CB10
    In the American language the last letter is pronounced Zee

ealvnv likes this.
    02-18-13 06:44 PM
    In the American language the last letter is pronounced Zee

No such thing as American language.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    02-18-13 07:17 PM
    Seriously, let's try to get on topic? Mods need to threaten vacations.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-18-13 09:05 PM
    I will call start calling it Izzard 10 since 'zee' and 'zed' cause some kind of language inferiority complex.
    02-19-13 12:50 AM
    So, has anyone heard how zee Zed10 is doing in France? I heard it just went on sale there.
    I don't know, but if it is doing ok in GB it should do ok in France. Look at the smartphone sales shares posted below. GB 7.9% and France 7.0% which is highest and second highest. It looks like Italy (3rd) would be a logical market to release in next.

Blackberry share - Smartphone Sales in the world's top 8 economies.

USA 1.6%
    Urban China 0.1%
    Japan 0.3%
    Germany 2.5%
    France 7.0%
    GB 7.9%
    Brazil 2.7%
    Italy 3.7%
    02-19-13 02:47 AM
    You call it however Z is pronounced in your country. Yes, Heins said Zed 10, but the super bowl commercial said Zee 10, so both pronunciation are used by Blackberry.
    02-19-13 03:36 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I don't know, but if it is doing ok in GB it should do ok in France. Look at the smartphone sales shares posted below. GB 7.9% and France 7.0% which is highest and second highest. It looks like Italy (3rd) would be a logical market to release in next.

Blackberry share - Smartphone Sales in the world's top 8 economies.

USA 1.6%
    Urban China 0.1%
    Japan 0.3%
    Germany 2.5%
    France 7.0%
    GB 7.9%
    Brazil 2.7%
    Italy 3.7%
    those numbers are about to go way up! bb Z10 and Q10 impact ...2013 will be a great year for Blackberry!
    02-19-13 04:11 AM
    No such thing as American language.

Posted via CB10
    This is incorrect. In 1806 webster released the english dictionary which birthed the American english language.

The British settled and as time went on in the colonies, they began to borrow words from others. The indians, the Spaniards the french and so on and so on. The British loved make fun of the united states citizens. And the way they talked.

Then came a man named Noah Webster. He felt things were broken ended up learning 28 languages and eventually writing an american dictionary with over 70k entries using words such as Skunk and Hickory from the indians, or Chowder from the french. He also changed the spelling of words such as musik to music and centre to center. And thus, The american english language was born.

Noah Webster, A patriot an innovator and a great leader.
    This has been 1 minute of American History. Thank you for reading.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FunktasticLucky; 02-19-13 at 02:20 PM.
    mkelley65 and Bugmapper like this.
    02-19-13 05:25 AM
    This is incorrect. In 1806 webster released the english dictionary which birthed the American english language.

The english (british) settled and as time went on in the colonies, they began to borrow words from others. The indians, the Spaniards the french and so on and so on. The English loved make fun of the united states citizens. And the way they talked.

Then came a man named Noah Webster. He felt things were broken ended up learning 28 languages and eventually writing an american dictionary with over 70k entries using words such as Skunk and Hickory from the indians, or Chowder from the french. He also changed the spelling of words such as musik to music and centre to center. And thus, The american english language was born.

Wow... Noah sounds like an amazing bloke, but hes still gotta wait for his Zed 10 like the rest of you......
    02-19-13 07:14 AM
    02-19-13 09:23 AM
    it's colloquial, Zee Zed, who gives a crap. Use whatever you like or whatever is used in your region. I'm British but live in the USA, I don't say Zed because I don't want to sound like a pretentious **** in the USA.
    OMGitworks and trynacu2 like this.
    02-19-13 09:43 AM

The english (british) settled and as time went on in the colonies, they began to borrow words from others. The indians, the Spaniards the french and so on and so on. The English loved make fun of the united states citizens. And the way they talked.
    Sorry, correction needed. The English did not settle, the British did. To refer to the British Empire as the English is just plain wrong.

Sorry correction needed, the English did not settle , the British did. To say the English did even with british in brackets next to it is just plain wrong.
    02-19-13 10:39 AM
    And by the way, it isnt called zed10 or zee10, its called Z10.
    I mean you dont write EF BE EYE do you?
    02-19-13 10:52 AM
    Sorry correction needed, the English did not settle , the British did. To say the English did even with british in brackets next to it is just plain wrong.
    Thank you for pointing out the inaccuracies and nitpicking such a small error. But I had it comming. Edited.
    02-19-13 02:19 PM
    I haven't seen a thread like this Hi-jacked since the French and Indian War!
    02-19-13 04:46 PM
    Would you people please shut up about how the Z is pronounced and stop hijacking this thread? I came to this thread to read about Z10 sales in France.
    02-19-13 04:54 PM
    Would you people please shut up about how the Z is pronounced and stop hijacking this thread? I came to this thread to read about Z10 sales in France.
    It was released fourty-something hours ago. Do you honestly think you will get any useful data yet? It has been out for 3 weeks in GB and Canada and no one outside Blackberry upper mgmt has anything solid. Except for the inference that the fact we have nothing solid from Blackberry is a bad sign.

Evil empire:
    "Apple� today announced it has sold over five million of its new iPhone� 5, just three days after its launch on September 21"
    "Apple� today announced it has sold over two million of its new iPhone� 5 in China, just three days after its launch on December 14."

Zed. Go Canucks.
    02-19-13 05:57 PM
    I'm calling it Zeat 10.
    02-19-13 06:01 PM
    What kills me is that Americans probably wouldn't buy it if they 'had' to call it Zed 10!!
    I wonder if they realize how the rest of the world ponders to them as though they were a small child who had gotten ahold of daddy's gun?
    I've met lotsa fine and good Americans, but, let's face it, they are tremendously indoctrinated from birth.
    Can't spell, don't speak English.
    I know y'all will hate me for that, but I do hope you get the zee 10 soon.
    Just thought you should know how the other 5.98 billion people on earth see you.
    (not that most of you see us)
    Peace

#BB10Believe
    Last edited by G-bone; 02-20-13 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell and don't speak English
    02-20-13 03:30 AM
    Vive le (la? ) France!

#BB10Believe
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-20-13 03:35 AM
    Vive le (la? ) France!
    #BB10Believe
    "Vive la France" Thank you
    02-20-13 03:48 AM
    It was released fourty-something hours ago. Do you honestly think you will get any useful data yet?
    First info : where to buy besides the lame-pathetic-awful-shame-bad-I.hate.you SFR network, they're all aboard.
    I wish I had not 12 engagement months left to quit SFR
    02-20-13 03:51 AM

The British settled and as time went on in the colonies, they began to borrow words from others. The indians, the Spaniards the french and so on and so on. The British loved make fun of the united states citizens. And the way they talked.

It's a dialect, not a Language.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 07:13 AM

just small differences in British and American English

P.S. Lucky France! Our launch delayed to end of March (
    02-20-13 07:42 AM
56 123