Not directly BB related, but just wondering what effects this will have (if any):

Andy Rubin, Android's founder, leaves project | ZDNet
    03-13-13 02:35 PM
    I don't think we'll see any effect for quite some time, speculation will run rampant for at least a year before concrete evidence appears. But one thing is pretty obvious from the move... Google is cooking something big (or at least has an idea for one), and they want somebody who has already proven himself in building and heading up a massive project.
    03-13-13 03:25 PM
    Google is cooking something big (or at least has an idea for one), and they want somebody who has already proven himself in building and heading up a massive project.
    Maybe he and Ray Kurzweil are now working together on... something
    03-13-13 03:39 PM
    I think this may actually point to a convergence of Chrome OS and Android coming. Basically Chrome OS will be the unified core OS, and Android's Dalvik VM will be included to run typical Android java apps.
    03-13-13 04:55 PM
    Your personal data is oxygen to Google. Android could be collecting communications, connections, appointments and locations. Google Glass could collect images behind closed doors. Google car will know where you are and whats around you. Audio Indexing collects words from videos. Google Moderator could collect your political beliefs. Those are just a few of the myriad collectors they are no doubt building. It is hard to know what they may want Mr. Rubin working on. Maybe Google Pillow to collect your dreams. Or Google Commode to analyze your waste.
    I know, pretty cool, isn't it? Let the machines make my life easier by anticipating my needs. We're moving into a post identity age. I'm ready for it.
    03-14-13 06:07 AM