Does anyone know if BBRY has given any indication as to when the Z30 will have a successor ?

I have a Z30 for which my contract is coming to an end in October and I would like to replace it with an all touch high end BB10 device.

I have a passport as well as a work device. It's a great piece of phone but frankly, I prefer using my Z30...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:00 PM
    Apparently the high end Slider is designed specifically as a light, and thin Z30 successor that also has a slide out capacitive keyboard that you don't have to use.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-19-15 08:08 PM
    Apparently the high end Slider is designed specifically as a light, and thin Z30 successor that also has a slide out capacitive keyboard that you don't have to use.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Believe it when I see it. Something has to give in a slider design compared to all touch.

Posted via CB10
    GEO1ER and Maxxxpower like this.
    04-19-15 08:52 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    This slider will be AMAZING!! I'm very much looking forward to it

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:56 PM
    I hate slider design. I had 9800 for a year and never used slider keyboard. We all need successor of Z30 which should be comparable to S6 in hardware and be lighter in weight.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    04-19-15 09:00 PM
    I don't understand all of the slider hate. Personally, I think that it is an awesome design and will be one of the best phones ever released by BlackBerry.

Then again, I also don't really understand the desire to have the lightest and thinnest phone imaginable. Personally, I like a bit of meat to my phone. Makes it feel more durable to me. And, I would take a couple of extra ounces to have more juice in my battery any day.

Just to appease the all-touch 'purists', I could see it as a possibility for them to release two variants of the 'slider' design. One with a sliding keyboard and one without. If people want less for their money, why not? If they have a deal for the new 'edge' style screen to be used on their devices, I can't see it not being used on a couple different models.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-19-15 09:06 PM
    good idea to one more variant of slider without keypad. It would certainly lighter and thinner both.
    04-19-15 09:25 PM
    I really feel pinch when I keep Z30 in my pocket versus Z10. Think how iPhone 6 or Samsung S6 both have much improved hardware & battery and lighter too.
    04-19-15 09:27 PM
    Hey, it's this thread again!

Wait

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 11:40 PM
    I want, I need a Z30 all touch only successor ,please BB.

  
    04-20-15 12:26 AM
    Just keep using the z30 as long as it is working. Rather than looking at this as a time to upgrade because you are off contract...look at this as a time to break the cycle of contracts and upgrades and become a non contract user.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:57 AM
    Just keep using the z30 as long as it is working. Rather than looking at this as a time to upgrade because you are off contract...look at this as a time to break the cycle of contracts and upgrades and become a non contract user.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 doesn't support all the LTE bands my carrier is upgrading to. Will need to upgrade the phone this year so I have more functionality when I travel out of my home area as Edge sucks.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 08:30 AM
    Once your contract is up, keep using the Z30 and negotiate a better plan with your carrier. You should be able to save $20-30 per month with a "bring your own phone " and negotiated month to month plan.

 Passport Rocks 
    04-20-15 08:32 AM
    I don't understand all of the slider hate. Personally, I think that it is an awesome design and will be one of the best phones ever released by BlackBerry.

Then again, I also don't really understand the desire to have the lightest and thinnest phone imaginable. Personally, I like a bit of meat to my phone. Makes it feel more durable to me. And, I would take a couple of extra ounces to have more juice in my battery any day.

Just to appease the all-touch 'purists', I could see it as a possibility for them to release two variants of the 'slider' design. One with a sliding keyboard and one without. If people want less for their money, why not? If they have a deal for the new 'edge' style screen to be used on their devices, I can't see it not being used on a couple different models.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    The hate comes from fear of what a slider design has meant in the past. They have always been thicker with the same battery size, less structurally rigid, and heavier. If BlackBerry has overcome these issues, and the device is as thin as a Z30, and as solid feeling as a Z30, has same or better battery life as a Z30, and weighs close to the same as the Z30 then great. If it sacrifices even one of these for a PKB, then it is an unacceptable design to me over a full touch device.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-20-15 08:36 AM
    The hate comes from fear of what a slider design has meant in the past. They have always been thicker with the same battery size, less structurally rigid, and heavier. If BlackBerry has overcome these issues, and the device is as thin as a Z30, and as solid feeling as a Z30, has same or better battery life as a Z30, and weighs close to the same as the Z30 then great. If it sacrifices even one of these for a PKB, then it is an unacceptable design to me over a full touch device.

Posted via CB10
    I'm definitely in the all-touch camp myself, but there are times that it would be nice to have access to a keyboard, particularly while browsing, that doesn't take up half the screen. I could also see a use-case for occasionally using the capacitive keyboard as a trackpad for fine cursor control.

Assuming they can't hit every one of these targets perfectly (the ones you listed), and we are only 90% satisfied with the final design package, then what? For me, I couldn't imagine switching - there is still too much I like about bb10. They would have to miss the mark by quite a bit more for me to do that - but I'm not sure what that threshold is.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-20-15 09:04 AM
    The slider will be an extremely heavy device... if it even sees the light of day.
    04-20-15 09:09 AM
    If it meets all the things I listed, and includes T-Mobile USA LTE bands, then I will likely get the device. However if it is bigger than the Z30 and clunky like sliders of the past, then I'm leaving. BlackBerry has pretty much stated I am no longer a customer they value, they are degrading the BBM experience with advertising and stickers (BBM has been a major feature keeping me with BlackBerry), and I've given them plenty of rope with the PlayBook and going in on all touch with the Z10 launch and getting hooked on it. If they can't make a device to be a legitimate upgrade to my Z30 without sacrificing something then I will have to leave and go to a company that I know is committed to all touch, and who will release improved products on a fairly regular timetable.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:24 AM
    The Samsung S6 Edge only weighs 132 grams. The Slider should add 35 grams. If this were true then the Slider should feel like a slightly thicker Z30.
    04-20-15 09:36 AM
    The Samsung S6 Edge only weighs 132 grams. The Slider should add 35 grams. If this were true then the Slider should feel like a slightly thicker Z30.
    We'll see. BlackBerry should start leaking info. The silence is buying them nothing as no one else will be making this type of device. I'm not sure I like the curved screen either. Seems like a waste of useful space.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:46 AM
    The slider will be an extremely heavy device... if it even sees the light of day.
    This drives me nuts.

Iphone 6 = 4.55 oz

Torch 9810= 5.68 oz

Can of beer = 12.69 oz

Your literally talking about 1/12 of a can of beer weight difference. If that bothers you then drink more beer to build up your beer muscles.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 11:07 AM
    Torch 9810 is actually a smaller device with a much smaller battery in it, it's heavier than a much larger iPhone 6... imagine a slider with a much larger battery in it, yeah it's going to be heavy.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    04-20-15 04:27 PM
    Slider is not a Full Touch replacement for a z30 replacement, a replacement is an actual Slate style and not something with a Keyboard thickening the device and making it awkward which you won't use.
    04-20-15 04:34 PM
    Actually I would be happy with a Z30 with bumped up specs. Not quite sure why they couldn't do that...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:48 PM
    I don't believe for a second the Slider will thin or light. If it is, then I will joyfully accept "I told you so's" from everyone here.

But it's not gonna happen.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    04-24-15 02:58 AM