Is anyone else having a very similar experience with shopblackberry.com, serviced by digital river? I ordered the bb Z30 during the black Friday promotion, on the 24th, order was processed early morning 25th, still no shipping number.

I called twice, the second time because I got a refund for the price of the phone that was charged, so I thought my order was cancelled. They informed me that they did not charge me in the first place, and that I will be charged when it shipped the sale price then (as I ordered during the sale), they also charged me tax on shipping costs which I've never seen before in my life). I was assured it was not cancelled and that they are simply out of stock, and they were not aware of when they would be getting the next batch in.

I was/am very frustrated about it all, and asked about cancelling the order and was informed I could not do so at this stage. Particularly frustrating because when I called in the first and second time I was informed (as mentioned above) they are out of stock, however it did not reflect this on their website. They continued to sell as if it was in house for several days more, finally remedied yesterday. I suggested they update this so people are not having this exact issue, on Friday.

I find it very frustrating that a Canadian company (proudly Canadian here) has products being built god knows where, sent to the US (as for whatever reason it's the only warehouse, that I know of that digital river uses) then to it's final destination, serviced by what seems to be a call center in the Philippines. Is this even a Canadian product anymore?

I want to know when the heck I'll get a tracking number, and when I'll get this beast of a phone. Why can't anyone answer this question, and why isn't anyone being held accountable for this?

Does anyone have a confirmed order on or after the 25th that has arrived or been given a shipping number yet?
    Last edited by mackenad33; 12-05-14 at 12:56 PM.
    12-04-14 05:33 PM
    I ordered the white Z30 last Saturday and didn't get my tracking # I believe until Tuesday. Shipping info was sent Tuesday to FedEx. It arrived at FedEx (Indiana) on Wednesday and it departed Indiana yesterday. According to my tracking info I'll be getting my new Z30 by Saturday. Hope everything works out for ya!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 02:05 AM
    I totally understand your frustration with DR. Horrible communication from this company. I just received my tracking this morning and its supposed to arrive at 12pm today. Im in toronto and ordered on the 24th. So id imagine youre gonna get a tracking number soon. Z30 was listed as in stock when i ordered. 12 days later, i recieve a tracking number and I'm receiving the actual phone on the same day.... Makes sense right?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    12-05-14 04:08 AM
    I totally understand your frustration with DR. Horrible communication from this company. I just received my tracking this morning and its supposed to arrive at 12pm today. Im in toronto and ordered on the 24th. So id imagine youre gonna get a tracking number soon. Z30 was listed as in stock when i ordered. 12 days later, i recieve a tracking number and I'm receiving the actual phone on the same day.... Makes sense right?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Same here, got my TN this morning however it's sitting in Indianapolis and it suggests I get it today at 5 PM.... I doubt I'll get it at 5 PM though.
    12-05-14 08:53 AM
    With so many DR threads here, BlackBerry definitely needs to up their game in device sales and support area.
    Particularly when DR was meant to sort of make up for the lack of carrier support/ push for non enterprise consumers.

BTW, @OP, no BlackBerry devices are made in China... :-)
    Foxconn Indonesia was the closest they got!

CB10 @ Q5
    lactose likes this.
    12-05-14 09:04 AM
    I ordered a passport last Saturday for delivery to Toronto, it hasn't shipped yet, I have no tracking number. Too bad amazon Canada doesn't sell this, I suspect their service would be much better

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:26 AM
    UPDATE:

Just delivered, phone in hand. Damn, need new simcard.

UPDATE:

I got a tracking notification email this morning at around 2am. Apparently it left the warehouse last night, and is due to be delivered (from one side of USA to the opposite side of Canada) today by noon. Tracking fully supports this time frame (20 minutes to go before noon).

10:39 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery EDMONTON, AB

10:21 am At local FedEx facility EDMONTON, AB

9:20 am International shipment release - Import EDMONTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AB

7:42 am At destination sort facility EDMONTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AB

4:48 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN

4:42 am Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

12:35 am Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

12/04/2014 - Thursday
    11:14 pm Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

11:00 pm Left FedEx origin facility INDIANAPOLIS, IN

10:39 pm Picked up INDIANAPOLIS, IN

9:46 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Last edited by mackenad33; 12-05-14 at 01:29 PM.
    12-05-14 12:46 PM
    Can't people do their homework on companies before pulling the trigger? DR has a mostly, terrible reputation (except for a minor few) yet people continue to blindly order from them! Made in China? The Z30 is made in China?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-05-14 12:50 PM
    I have ordered a Black Passport and White Q10 and just got a White Z30 all from DR. Purchased in the last month or so with absolutely no issues with DR. Three separate shipments. People whine too much and have nothing better to do than watch order and courier tracking info and *****...seriously people need to get a life. It's just a bloody mobile!

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    alan510 likes this.
    12-05-14 03:30 PM
    I got great service from shop BlackBerry in the past with orders, but this time things have gone south or should I say east. After a lengthy delay and then finally getting my shipping notice, the phone was sent to the wrong city.

Shop BlackBerry had forwarded the right address but fed ex messed up and now my highly anticipated z30 is or has been delivered elsewhere and is currently somewhere in eastern Canada and I don't know when I will get it despite reassurances that it is coming one of these days. I should have known something was up when my tracking indicated that the phone didn't arrive in Canada at its usual air destination of mississauga. Hope it arrives within the next week or two and not delivered to too many other places.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:56 PM
    Same issue, ordered a white Z30 on Nov.27th, order confirmation email received on the 28th . . . then nothing. I emailed DR and got the robot response of "may take 5 days to process for shipping", I live in Vancouver, BC.
    I called DR today and the CSR, while polite, was useless. Basically said it has not shipped due to "probable" heavy volume, she had no idea when it would ship out and that I could not refund at this moment.
    Pretty disappointing experience over all and I'm leaving for the US next week, so I may not even be home when the phone does arrive, and I wanted to use the unlocked phone on my trip.
    I just emailed DR again to have my shipping fees refunded or at least have them pay for overnight shipping. I shouldn't pay full, expedited shipping on something that they clearly have no intention of shipping any time soon. We'll see what happens.
    12-07-14 06:27 PM
    Can't people do their homework on companies before pulling the trigger? DR has a mostly, terrible reputation (except for a minor few) yet people continue to blindly order from them! Made in China? The Z30 is made in China?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Hmm no. Made in Mexico

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:35 PM
    Don't worry it will get there I got mine after a week. But it is totally worth the wait this phone is amazing. And I haven't had it for 24 hrs. Yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:43 PM
    I had the same delay with digital river. Right now my concern is fedex. Digital river gave fedex the right address, but fedex made a mistake and sent it to the wrong address. It has been making the rounds of eastern Canada for close to a week now, still with no eastimated delivery time available. What is really perplexing is that it travelled right past my house further away now than it was on Saturday.

Perhaps this is karma telling me that I really didn't need a third phone.

Having said all of this, I will be fair and despite the current disappointing crappy service and incompetence, buffoonery and communication issues, digital river and fedex were excellent in my previous two orders from shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 06:55 AM