I agree; app developers are generally more interested in all-touch large screen devices since the market is much bigger, particularly when it comes to games. There is still a large market for keyboard devices however.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry should continue to cater it's qwerty segment but at the same time cannot leave the all touch market which is way bigger than the qwerty smartphone market. Z3 is the right choice for now to enlarge BlackBerry consumer number and by the year end an all touch super beast to create the ooommppphhhh factor.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:05 PM
    I think to stop any more potential bleeding in r&d they may want to wait till end of this year before the go ahead for more high end touch phones..

If the brand and advertising doesn't get a haul over any more high end touch will be mainly for the BlackBerry faithful and there's not enough numbers unfortunately..

But 3 qwert'ies'? Is overkill, one classic and one more highend is sufficient imo?

Maybe all future qwert'ies will be with a toolbelt to have more choice for the enterprise market?

Posted via CB10
    higherdestiny likes this.
    04-09-14 12:45 PM
    I think to stop any more potential bleeding in r&d they may want to wait till end of this year before the go ahead for more high end touch phones..

If the brand and advertising doesn't get a haul over any more high end touch will be mainly for the BlackBerry faithful and there's not enough numbers unfortunately..

But 3 qwert'ies'? Is overkill, one classic and one more highend is sufficient imo?

Maybe all future qwert'ies will be with a toolbelt to have more choice for the enterprise market?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, three qwerty devices is a bit too much for me too IMHO, however, a high end touch device, even though it may be for BlackBerry faithful, for the purpose of retaining them is essential as well. Z30 is a great device but it wasn't with the head turning specs when it launched and would be quite dated in next 6 months or so..so for those who own Z10 like me, need a better option which is upto date in terms of specs, design etc. Also, a super high end touch device will provide free publicity in major tech blog sites and might tempt people on other platforms to join in.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 04:16 AM
28 12