Z30 is a great device and don't get me wrong but IMO cannot be considered as an All Touch Flagship Device for BlackBerry. IMO, a flagship device has to be the top specced device out of the current lot..where as no doubt Z30 resolution of 295 PPI is quite less than 356 PPI that the Z10 has. Agreed it has Amoled display, but with the larger screen, pixel density gets lower resulting in a softer image.
    I Love BlackBerry And use Z10 and it gets things done quite nicely for me..but not bringing a truely specced up all touch device that can take the flagship title hands down this year will be a mistake .
    Who agrees??

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:30 PM
    Other than the pixel density, the Z30 pretty much beats the Z10 in everything else in both specs and software features. So... yeah, it's definitely the (current) flagship device in the Z-series. Lol it's not even a competition (and I have a Z10).

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:34 PM
    You know I do!!
    I can't say whether Z30 is or not the flagship device. I guess with nothing else above it right now it is....
    We have been moaning about the lack of a "flagship all touch" in the other thread!
    All we can do is hope that the specs that are rumored come true for a Z30 successor...either to be named a Z50 or whatever (Ontario). My next phone is going to be a Z30 successor or a Droid if there is no all touch device. No one has ruled it out, though, so let's hang on!!!!!!!
    00stryder and kbz1960 like this.
    04-02-14 12:35 PM
    Well, no doubt Z10 is no way closer to Z30 except the resolution part, but I was just thinking is it okay to call it a flagship device when one of its features is inferior to one of its own Z series device? Don't think I-phone, Samsung or HTC Has a flagship device inferior in feature to its own series? Please correct me if I'm mistaken. And yes all the more reason for Z50 or Ontario or whatever that super specced device is...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:11 PM
    You know I do!!
    I can't say whether Z30 is or not the flagship device. I guess with nothing else above it right now it is....
    We have been moaning about the lack of a "flagship all touch" in the other thread!
    All we can do is hope that the specs that are rumored come true for a Z30 successor...either to be named a Z50 or whatever (Ontario). My next phone is going to be a Z30 successor or a Droid if there is no all touch device. No one has ruled it out, though, so let's hang on!!!!!!!
    Hanging on with high hopes!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:13 PM
    IMHO...

As someone who has used the Q10, Z10 and Z30, I'll say the Z30 is definitely the flagship model. The PPI difference has almost no impact to my eyes, or to those who have looked at the Z10 and Z30 side-by-side. (A difference that makes no difference isn't a difference?)

It functions a little smoother, handles graphics better, has better battery life and a higher quality build feel to it. Add in the Miracast and USB OTG for the clincher.
    CerveloJohn, acovey and 00stryder like this.
    04-02-14 03:59 PM
    I agree with OP.

If you as a company, that's struggling to grab hold of a piece a pie, of which you almost owned damn near everything once, decide to release 1 all-touch phone in one year, it should be a phone that's at least just as powerful as the best ones out there, or even slightly better.

Don't get me wrong, sure, the Z30 doesn't need all that processor power, and sure, it may look nice on a 1280x720 screen, but how many people really know that? Better yet, how many people would pay the same price for something like that, if they can get the 'cream of the crop', the best selling phone of the year etc etc. for the same price ?

I wouldn't. Unless i happened to really like ( read : love ) the OS ( as i do ).

But i understand why the Z30 didn't sell that well.

A mid-end phone, shouldn't have the same price as a high-end phone, period.

Even Apple, with the most 'I WILL BUY EVERYTHING APPLE' group of fanboys didn't plunk down their cash for the 5C model, and why you ask? Because it's a total ripoff, and people may be loyal to you, but don't bull**** them.

I'm not saying BBRY screwed over their fanbase, they just priced the damn thing too high.
    MAJ009 likes this.
    04-02-14 05:51 PM
    You know I do!!
    We are on the same boat. The Z30 has been really tempting me but I feel that it's better to wait until Q4 of this year the latest to see if they will be coming up with a follow up device to the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 09:51 PM
    We are on the same boat. The Z30 has been really tempting me but I feel that it's better to wait until Q4 of this year the latest to see if they will be coming up with a follow up device to the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and I think the success or failure of Z3 will determine the future for all touch high device!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 04:22 AM
    I liked the Z10, but it always looked and felt very budget and substandard when placed next to an iPhone, HTC One, LG Pro, or even a Galaxy. Just not a premium device or feel to it at all. The Z30 on the other hand is night and day and I think you'd be uprading on the design as much as the specs of the phone itself. It's the "Bold" to the Z10's Curve-like fit and finish. I'd recommend it to anyone who has an upgrade available right now, as it's quite snappy and is every bit a flagship as any other company's top phone. Sure, display PPI and processing power isn't top tier, but really it's the software and the phone hardware design that, IMO, does most of the heavy lifting for how good a phone is. If/when a stable 10.3 rolls out and if/when the device gains even more new features through its software I'm sure I would feel my phone is as up-to-date and as useable as any other.

So in short, I can't really envision a Z50 doing much else for BlackBerry short of giving the device a faster processor (slow processing time isn't an issue on the Z30 at all) and better display PPI (useful and welcome, but by no means any sort of game-changer). The Z30 is already leaps and bounds ahead of the Z10 in hardware design and short of making it a bit thinner and smaller for those who wear skinny jeans, I can't see the Z50 improving significantly on it in that aspect either. So in that sense, I really hope they don't bother making another all-touch flagship until they get the software righted; mainly for me, official and relatively bug-free Android support and I'm sure a few other notables for other people.

A Z50 on the current 10.2.1 software is going to do NOTHING to move the needle in BB's favor. It still won't sell no matter how many cores there are without the app support to test and utilize it, and at this point in time it's going to require baked-in and integrated (and well-marketed) Android app support to get anyone in the consumer market to buy this. Wait until the next major software revision is fully rolled out with this support and then package it with the latest device. In the meantime, the Z30 is perfectly fine and capable and should stand to be for the next two years.
    00stryder and eldricho like this.
    04-04-14 02:50 PM
    Yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and higherdestiny like this.
    04-05-14 12:53 PM
    I agree with all of that, and I think my Z30 will do me fine for a while. On the other hand, BlackBerry has to keep up with the competition. A Z50 with 5.2" screen, faster chip, better voice-interaction, and advanced camera might raise BlackBerry's profile. I'd probably spring for the Z50 if it came out.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:01 PM
    Well there is no doubt that in touch device sphere, Z30 is the only one that BlackBerry can tout to be the flagship device, but I think the question that I wanted to put forward was that when we look at other competing flagship devices, they really are better from any other device in their own series. And I think when a reputable and globe competing brand like BlackBerry says that this is our flagship device, it has to be better than any of its predecessors in all categories, screen size, processor speed,resolution etc etc. The worst it could do is to be equal in a category or two but for sure not less. Z30, however IMO doesn't fulfill this criteria, there is no doubt it is a great device and if I'm happy with Z10, I can only imagine what would be this 5 inch beauty, but IMO, BlackBerry needs a device that can truely claim that flagship mantle with out an inch of a discussion. To further my case, when BlackBerry launched Z30, most of the tech review sites compared it with Z10 as Z10 was the ex all touch flagship device for few months. So I think, BlackBerry would be better off to bring a device which can claim flagship device title hands down. And once it happens, I will definitely gulp it in my palms.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 06:36 AM
    So the only thing that the Z30 is less than the Z10 in terms of specs is ppi?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 06:44 AM
    So the only thing that the Z30 is less than the Z10 in terms of specs is ppi?

Posted via CB10
    Well yes...and IMHO, a flagship device should not be, even if it is just the One Thing...would have been just okay if it was the same, but less, nah...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 07:13 AM
    Have you used the Z30? I have used the z10, z30 and a Galaxy S4 (use the s4 and z30 daily) while the z10 is not mine so just use it randomly.

I may not have perfect vision but I don't need to wear glasses for daily life, if I didn't know there is a ppi difference I wouldn't think they is a difference as the clarity of all 3 screens are great and I won't put one over the other except in brightness where the z10 (lcd) beats the other two and actually on checking all at full brightness the amoled tech on the S4 is better implemented on sammy then on BlackBerry.

I suppose it depends from individual to individual, for example the Galaxy S3 vs the Galaxy S4 the S4 did not have an FM radio and while that may not be important in North America it is a very useful feature that other countries use.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sayf777; 04-06-14 at 07:47 AM.
    Ecm likes this.
    04-06-14 07:28 AM
    Have you used the Z30? I have used the z10, z30 and a Galaxy S4 (use the s4 and z30 daily) while the z10 is not mine so just use it randomly.

I may not have perfect vision but I don't need to wear glasses for daily life, if I didn't know there is a ppi difference I wouldn't think they is a difference as the clarity of all 3 screens are great and I won't put one over the other except in brightness where the z10 (lcd) beats the other two and actually on checking all at full brightness the amoled tech on the S4 is better implemented on sammy then on BlackBerry.

I suppose it depends from individual to individual, for example the Galaxy S3 vs the Galaxy S4 the S4 did not have an FM radio and while that may not be important in North America it is a very useful feature that other countries use.

Posted via CB10
    Well bro, I'm totally with you on that, and I think as long as I'm satisfied with my device ( which I am) I don't go much into spec race. But unfortunately, the market doesn't believe in what I believe, and that's evident in the placement of different brands in respect to the market share that they possess. No matter how much we deny it, specs are the IN thing and are most raved during any device launch.
    And that's the reason I want BlackBerry to build a device that puts all this to rest.
    Coming to the question if I have used a Z30, no I haven't, I have just played with it for a while at BlackBerry outlet. And got to say, it's great, but around its launch, Note3 got launched and I chose it for my second device, in terms of specs, there ain't a match with it, although the OS of BlackBerry is a real gem, and if BlackBerry had a upto date device with market, there is no question I would have bought a Note 3, I would have bought that brilliant BlackBerry power horse. Just saying this as these small options for the customers can go a long way in the recovery of the brand.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 08:17 AM
    Well bro, I'm totally with you on that, and I think as long as I'm satisfied with my device ( which I am) I don't go much into spec race. But unfortunately, the market doesn't believe in what I believe, and that's evident in the placement of different brands in respect to the market share that they possess. No matter how much we deny it, specs are the IN thing and are most raved during any device launch.
    And that's the reason I want BlackBerry to build a device that puts all this to rest.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, agreed then. Unfortunately judgements will be made spec wise even if the performance is 'up there.'

Posted via CB10
    MAJ009 likes this.
    04-06-14 11:05 AM
    Unfortunately yes....

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:39 AM
    Well yes...and IMHO, a flagship device should not be, even if it is just the One Thing...would have been just okay if it was the same, but less, nah...

Posted via CB10
    You clearly don't have a Z30, do you If you did you would know it's flagship and pure class
    04-06-14 07:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here, tempted, but hopefully strong enough to hold it till the new one hits. Z10 will tide me over... (will then be nearly two years old)

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-09-14 08:29 AM
    Here is the link for the Z30 video:

Posted via CB10
    Nice work, I am not to criticize, some bits are a bit lenghty. Thanks for posting....

Shhesh... makes it even harder not to get a Z30 and stick around with the Z10 for a bit longer....

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-09-14 08:54 AM
    Well, I am very happy with the Z30. I did a lot of comparison shopping, and I wanted to stay with BlackBerry (I already had the Torch 2). I found the Z30 to strike the perfect balance between good specs and great performance. Some criticize the Z30 for now having the "best" specs. However, it was important to make sure all the components fit together and function together efficiently. For example, instead of a back-lit LCD screen like the Z10, which is undoubtedly bright and crisp, the Z30 has an AMOLED which while still excellent draws less current from the long-lasting battery. I just find the Z30 to be very advanced and a very professional work-horse. The Z10 is great too; it's light, compact, very fast, and has an excellent display. I just preferred the larger screen and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 09:43 AM
    But without new all touch BlackBerry devices, BlackBerry would evrn sell less and the app and game developers would stop building that "many" apps for bb10

Posted via CB10
    MAJ009 likes this.
    04-09-14 11:16 AM
    I agree; app developers are generally more interested in all-touch large screen devices since the market is much bigger, particularly when it comes to games. There is still a large market for keyboard devices however.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 11:33 AM
28 12