12-16-14 04:05 PM
53 123
tools
    Why can the z10 take better photos than the z30?

Sent from my Z30 Beast
    12-07-14 07:58 AM
    Both my Z10 and Z30 take beautiful photos. Why don't you look up some tips for taking better pictures?
    12-07-14 08:03 AM
    I don't think this is so...

Keep in mind the display is different. Pics will seem darker when they are in fact fine. The res and PPI are also different, so pics may look less crispy, when they are in fact fine. For all we know the software and hardware are the same otherwise so you should not be seeing any other issues.
    12-07-14 08:05 AM
    I find my photos aren't real good. They were better on the original OS so hopefully it's a software fix coming.
    12-07-14 08:07 AM
    I think the issue is the OS. The camera is super slow on my Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154. Same OS on my wifes z10, and all is fine.

Posted via CB10
    wildbanger and BBjer like this.
    12-07-14 08:15 AM
    I'm pretty sure they are the same camera, but that being said neither is a standout in the camera department.
    sllock and Rello like this.
    12-07-14 08:24 AM
    Right, neither are fantastic cameras. You need to know what you're doing if you want to maximize the chace of a great picture.

That said, it's perfectly possible to get good/great pics. Jut not in all condictions.

As for it being slow, it is at times, yes.
    12-07-14 08:39 AM
    C00016D81

PIN to BlackBerry Photography channel on BBM. Lots of great pics.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-07-14 08:42 AM
    My current source of income consists of taking a lot of pictures and I use my Z10 and it takes great pictures. Some people just complain to just complain and are never satisfied even if what they have is 10 times more than what they need.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:27 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry people complain just to complain all the time.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:50 PM
    My current source of income consists of taking a lot of pictures and I use my Z10 and it takes great pictures. Some people just complain to just complain and are never satisfied even if what they have is 10 times more than what they need.

Posted via CB10
    Great...no way. Decent and acceptable ok. The camera has in the past been a weak spot. I have not used a Passport though.
    12-08-14 12:14 AM
    If I want to take great pictures, I use something called a camera.

It's designed and made to take pictures.

Posted via CB10
    Ealaionta, Jrox74 and SRemillard1 like this.
    12-08-14 12:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I agree with you. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    +1 How true.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    12-08-14 04:44 AM
    I think its all about how you take the photo. Z30's camera lense has no problem for me thou.
    12-08-14 04:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    What about when you're somewhere and don't have that camera with you? Nit everyone has a camera in their back pocket ready to use.
    12-08-14 05:23 AM
    What about when you're somewhere and don't have that camera with you? Nit everyone has a camera in their back pocket ready to use.
    Cherish the memory.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 06:04 AM
    That just might work. Especially when they have completely waterproof cameras made to endure life. Not like these people holding cells thinking their pics will be in National Geographics next issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 06:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is always the argument given when the phone your taking pics with produces poor results, and its a weak one considering how good a lot of phone cameras are today.
    12-08-14 06:13 AM
    That just might work. Especially when they have completely waterproof cameras made to endure life. Not like these people holding cells thinking their pics will be in National Geographics next issue.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone expects quality camera photos, although many phone cameras are getting real close if not there. All I expect is if I'm somewhere, even at home and my pet, child or whatever is doing something cute to be able to take a decent photo without having to change every setting for the conditions and getting the focus box in the right place. By that time the moment is over. The moment would be over before I could find my real camera. Same goes for when out and about. I don't carry a real camera with me unless I go somewhere I think I'll want it.

I still think with better software the camera could be alright. Right now however I find it very difficult to get a nice picture. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
    12-08-14 06:32 AM
    In general, I had an easier time getting better photos on 10.2.1 than on 10.3.+. The focus algorithm seems different and I find it more difficult to focus on near objects that I would like in focus than when I was in 10.2.1. Also the tap anywhere on the screen was a God send that helped make it easier for me to hold the phone in the best possible position for the shot, rather than the best possible position that would allow me to frame the shot clearly and also hit the photo button. Selfies using the rear cam are much more difficult because of this change. Hopefully they will at some point give users an option.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and drkpitt like this.
    12-08-14 06:41 AM
    BlackBerry cameras take a bit to master. Its the only complaint I gauge about BlackBerry phones. They are not as good as those on Android devices, but I still think they are better than iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 02:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's a real downer when someone starts injecting common sense into these arguments. Please let us pretend that professional quality photography is possible from a 10 dollar digital camera, an 80 cent lens, and a bit of cheap software. Killjoy.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 03:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is all about taking really nice pictures of your children or pets or nice scenes on a vacation or every day life and sharing with your friends. Having a camera with you. BlackBerry users here are defensive because their camera has always been a weak spot especially when compared to the iPhone. The iPhone user might get defensive about its high price, battery life or the (former) small screen.
    12-12-14 04:37 AM
    It is all about taking really nice pictures of your children or pets or nice scenes on a vacation or every day life and sharing with your friends. Having a camera with you. BlackBerry users here are defensive because their camera has always been a weak spot especially when compared to the iPhone. The iPhone user might get defensive about its high price, battery life or the (former) small screen.
    Nonsense. I have seen many a comparisons and I fail to see any significant difference. Maybe the iPhone is a bit quicker but that is about it. Personally, I don't like the iPhone camera because it is designed for towards overexposure. It is an old camera trick used to highlight facial features at the expense of color and spatial depth.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:48 AM
53 123