I get similar battery life as OP. I consider it good because that's triple what I used to get with my z10
    Well, I pretty much use 3 batteries a day with my Z10, so that the Z30 hold 3 times the charge of one Z10 battery doesn't sound too bad.

I had this problem.. just check the app permissions.. cut off any access to "run in background " then u r good to go

Posted via CB10
    That's something I doubt, actually.
    Since BB10 has "true multitasking" and everything always runs, even if you minimise it, it makes no sense to me, that a background app would use more battery than an active frame.

"Z10 battery is awful ".. do you say the same about the iPhone 5s? That happens to have a smaller battery than the z10? Could the z10 have had bigger battery? Yes.. but 1800mah isn't small and anything you notice is the fault of the OS.

So here are the 3 options
    1. IPhone battery is awful just like z10
    2. Bb10 needs more os optimization
    3. Z10 battery could have been bigger but since the os offers true multitasking the battery drain can be forgiven

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but I use 3 batteries a day.
    The Z10 battery life is BAD.
    As in, it honestly sucks.
    Like, if I wouldn't love my Z10 overall, I would have returned it after one week of usage.

1) I tested an iPhone 5s, and funnily enough it pretty much outlasts my Z10 by about 50-60%, for one charge.
    With very similar usage.

2) Yes, it surely does.

3) No it doesn't. Half my phone usage is basically living in the HUB. I couldn't care less about the true multi-tasking.
    Also, call me when BB10 gets a split-screen feature.
    That's true multi-tasking for me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 08-06-14 at 02:36 AM.
    08-06-14 02:16 AM
    "Z10 battery is awful ".. do you say the same about the iPhone 5s? That happens to have a smaller battery than the z10? Could the z10 have had bigger battery? Yes.. but 1800mah isn't small and anything you notice is the fault of the OS.

So here are the 3 options
    1. IPhone battery is awful just like z10
    2. Bb10 needs more os optimization
    3. Z10 battery could have been bigger but since the os offers true multitasking the battery drain can be forgiven

Posted via CB10
    What does anything have to do with the iPhone 5S battery? Since it's not good that excuses the Z10 for having terrible battery life?

Why are there only 3 options? The Z10 and the iPhone 5S aren't the only phones for consumers to choose from.

True multitasking (whatever that means) doesn't excuse the poor battery life. BB's were supposed to be know for phenomenal battery life and they dropped the ball badly with the Z10.

This is all besides the point, this thread is about the Z30 and my statement still stands that while it's a major improvement over the Z10 it's not some all magical battery that lasts 24 hours no matter what you do with it. It's serviceable, but some would have you believe here that it will just automatically last days with "heavy usage." Mine lasts about 8 hours which is great and way better that the 4 I'd get with the Z10 but it's not like it doesn't need to be charged throughout the day. I get better battery life with my Note 3 btw.
    Rello likes this.
    08-06-14 09:08 AM
    LOL!!! The ever present myth of the so called terrible iPhone 5s battery life😂😂😂

Z30 battery life is not good for me.-imageuploadedbycb-forums1407335659.003696.jpg

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    08-06-14 09:34 AM
    LOL!!! The ever present myth of the so called terrible iPhone 5s battery life😂😂😂

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1407335659.003696.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	289284

How many hours do u get on ur iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-06-14 09:52 AM
    It varies between 12 - 24+ hours depending on usage and signal strength.

Example - I can purposefully kill it by pushing browsing while underground on the Metro. If I push it by browsing while I'm between stations and the device is searching for a signal, I can drop 20% in one hour. Conversely, if I'm in an area with good signal. I can get 12-15 hours. When I'm home an on wifi, I can go well over 24 hours.
    08-06-14 09:57 AM
    The thing is, from what I've seen on my devices from different platforms, it's all about signal strength and activities while on various signal strengths. The biggest killer that I have found is browsing while on weak signal. Voice is nothing.

Exception was the Z10 which dropped like an anchor while on wifi and overnight. That was inexplicable.
    08-06-14 09:59 AM
    It varies between 12 - 24+ hours depending on usage and signal strength.

Example - I can purposefully kill it by pushing browsing while underground on the Metro. If I push it by browsing while I'm between stations and the device is searching for a signal, I can drop 20% in one hour. Conversely, if I'm in an area with good signal. I can get 12-15 hours. When I'm home an on wifi, I can go well over 24 hours.
    You're holding it wrong :P

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-06-14 10:06 AM
    You're holding it wrong :P

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!!! It's a mutant!!!!😂😂😂

MarsupilamiX and kbz1960 like this.
    08-06-14 10:08 AM
    By the way I'm off to get a Lumia 1520. I'm curious what that battery life will be like.

kbz1960 likes this.
    08-06-14 10:10 AM
    I just read this: Battery life on T-Mo smartphones lasts longer than competitors according to recent test | TmoNewsTmoNews

I never really considered how one's carrier could affect battery life. I wonder how an unlocked Z30 would do on T-Mo. My Z10 lasts about 10-12 hours with fairly heavy use. I haven't been able to kill my M8 in a day yet.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-06-14 10:43 AM
    I just read this: Battery life on T-Mo smartphones lasts longer than competitors according to recent test | TmoNewsTmoNews

I never really considered how one's carrier could affect battery life. I wonder how an unlocked Z30 would do on T-Mo. My Z10 lasts about 10-12 hours with fairly heavy use. I haven't been able to kill my M8 in a day yet.
    HOW???
    My Z10 lasts like 4 hours on one charge ;(

And I have "the best carrier" in my region....
    When I arrive at my workplace at 7am, I need my second battery around 11am....

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 10:49 AM
    HOW???
    My Z10 lasts like 4 hours on one charge ;(

And I have "the best carrier" in my region....
    When I arrive at my workplace at 7am, I need my second battery around 11am....

Posted via CB10
    My typical (M-F) daily use on any device is:

7am - 8am: Browsing the web and fb

9am - 5pm: Checking messages, emails, fb, news, etc a few times throughout the day. Light browsing on breaks.

6pm - 7:30pm: Music streaming at the gym

8pm - 11pm: Browsing, fb, messaging

With my Z10 I have to charge some at my desk and in the car, and eventually switch over to my tablet later in the evening.

I take it you use your phone a LOT at work?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-06-14 10:57 AM
    ^
    Well it depends on the workday, but I write countless of mails,BBM and SMS.
    Yeah, sure I have my notebook as well, and I prefer writing mails on it overall, but sadly, it annoys me too much to take it everywhere I go.

Basically, half of my phone usage is in the HUB while constantly using data, data, and more data, combined with my screen being powered on a lot.

The rest is evenly split between browsing, making calls and CB10 ( )

The later it gets, the less I use my phone, so I burn through the first 2 batteries far more easily than I do with the last one.
    I pretty much go through 2 batteries when 3/4 of my work day is over. The last one is enough to last until I go to bed.

I just looked at the battery monitor, and for the last 48h, 80% of the drain was the display

Edit: you're not around much anymore
    But I say that every time I see you

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-06-14 11:13 AM
63 123