1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Z30 is Fantastic phone.. well worth waiting to get.....

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:07 PM
    I went into a Bell store yesterday to see if they had any cases for my new Z30. After finding out they didn't, I asked when they would be getting any? The young female sales rep told me probably never. I asked why? She said because BlackBerry is going out of business. After I laughed a bit, I asked how do you know this? She said because customers told her so.
    I educated her on the situation, but I left with a sinking feeling about the state of ignorance through the carrier stores. It's as much BlackBerry's fault as theirs.
    Whatever the case, it's the same old story. It needs to be fixed before anyone will take BlackBerry seriously again.

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    05-22-14 10:29 PM
    Even at Rogers you have to order it, since they didn't stock them in the store....ever!
    I don't get it! It's their best phone and arguably one of the best phones currently on the market. But there was never any launch in North America, and zero advertising (at least the Z10, Q5 and Q10 were advertised a bit).
    And they don't even carry in the store so you have to know about it and really want one to get a hold of it.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:29 PM
    I just bought a Z30 from Blackberry.com tonight. I'm on verizon in the US and they're sold out and said approx one week delay before they have a new shipment. Also it is the top rated phone for verizon by users followed by HTC One in second

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:40 PM
    (it's to supplement the Q10 I'm currently using)

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:40 PM
    It's on BlackBerry.ca showing as in stock. Unlocked.

Flicked out via Zed10
    05-22-14 10:43 PM
    I for one, am a person that has to touch and see for himself if something new works for me or not.
    Not being able to find a single store that has a Z30 in stock, (real not mockup/display model) it is going to be impossible for me to grab one too see if I like it or not.

If BlackBerry wants to remain relevant in the "big markets" they better do so soon. They are gone from the stores and drying up else where.This disappearance from the retail shelf is going to greatly affect their BYOD market penetration.
    J.C. is just now starting to catch on to this. Without the BB phones what the heck do you need BES for?

Samsung will make the best use of BlackBerry allowing other backend software to work with their phones! DOH!
    Ok, now you don't need BES to control the BlackBerry phones no one is bringing to work!

BB doesn't want to pin their future on selling phones, per J.C..
    BB let other software/phone makers have access/control to their phones.
    The Blackberry name is gone in larger markets. None in the stores!
    Only BlackBerrys problems hit the main stream news.
    Business continues to drop BB phone usage.
    No one brings a BB for BYOD.
    BYOD gains ground.

Sad....

They should only have one phone for the retail consumer market. Just like Apple has in the past.
    One touch key top end phone. That's it.

Then for the Enterprise phone sector offer two. One touch and one physical keyboard.
    The Enterprise touch model being a version of the high end consumer model.
    The Enterprise physical keyboard phone would be with our without camera and mid range priced.
    The FoxConn built Z3 can remain in markets still developing/maturing. Developing markets soon catch up. Thus limited life.
    For BB to continue to use FoxConn more development time and effort will be needed. Do not try to put together a high end BB in four months. This short run up time shows in the Z3. Nice phone but wont fly in the big markets. Build quality and the lack of the "BlackBerry Feel" hurts it greatly. Time will show this, BB and FoxConn will have to greatly step up their game.

Is J.C. listening to the markets or doing what he likes?
    Mike did what he liked.
    Thor did what Mike liked.

Both ends of the secure cell phone market needs to be addressed by BlackBerry. From headset to headset.
    05-23-14 10:02 AM
    Been waiting for more than a week and still haven't got it yet......
    05-23-14 01:10 PM
33 12