I understand the goal of this phone, but they should have gone with the 720 screen

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 07:10 PM
    I understand the goal of this phone, but they should have gone with the 720 screen

Posted via CB10
    Yes and perhaps with the same cam like on the z10..
    5mp is kinda lame...

Visit my Channel C00121417 ?
    05-01-14 05:16 AM
    Yes and perhaps with the same cam like on the z10..
    5mp is kinda lame...
    If you lived in a place where a large wireless data plan costs 20% of your monthly wage, then you probably would not mind the slightly lower megapixel camera along with the smaller JPEGs it produces.
    05-04-14 04:03 PM
    So the second one has a much longer battery life (less cpu, especially less screen resolution, AND greater mah -2500 as opposed to 1800 = much longer battery life)

I wonder is it like a 50% type of difference, or twice the amount of battery life. Because of nearly half the resolution, no hdmi, or nfc, I am going to pick that it has a 50-70% longer battery life than the first phone.

The lower screen resolution will also probably make it noticeably faster than the first device, because the ram and cpu are not that different. The quickest way to kill any performance differences in your device, is to crank up the screen resolution. So I am also picking the second device will be snappier than the first. Because of the hardware costs, also cheaper.

I can see that being a real advantage, in a pragmatic phone. Its a pain in the **** having your phone die all the time. And having higher specs, but having that simply translate into screen resolution, and not much else, isn't as impressive as it might look to the niave on paper. Although the non-removeable battery is an added cost - that means you'll need a new phone, or a repairman if it dies.

Also 5mp is fine for most people. There are other camera quality issues outside of mp too.

And once again no one focuses on, or mentions the speed of the storage (the most important speed related spec, the slowest part of computer devices, the bottleneck) - or indeed any detail about the speed of the ram.

Theres no mention of the power efficiency of the chipset either.

If people are going to keep banging on about specs, in this mobile phone market, they should try and gleen more about the practical ramifications.
    Last edited by Jamie Brahm; 05-09-14 at 08:49 AM.
    05-09-14 08:35 AM
    How can u delete this thread???

Visit my Channel C00121417 ?
    05-18-14 04:30 AM
    How can u delete this thread???

I don't think it can be deleted once it has had replies posted. Unless there is something really illegal in it or something.

You can ask a mod about it. Or just click the report button and ask them about it. It's easier if you are using the regular website (not the app) since the app has no private messaging (PM) feature.
    05-18-14 06:42 PM
31 12