Is the Z10 and Z30 good for document reading and editing on-the-go? I already mentioned on other posts my inclination towards the Q10 but the screen is small for reading documents. So that and the removable battery is what is stopping me; torn between bigger screen but non-removable battery and smaller screen with removable battery.
    • Can we create documents folders on the Z10/Z30?
    • How is the visual organization of the documents/folders on the Z10/Z30? Local AT&T stores don't have it anymore so there is no way to physically playing with it before buying the device.

I already played around with the Q10 that my parents are using and realized that the screen is too small for me and is too crowded.

Will the Z30 run on external battery if the main battery is drained?

Please don't flame me that I need to get a tablet instead... I do have my pet peeve that is not being able to run LINE messenger on BB OS10 but that is just a minor thing; I can't live without LINE messenger since there is BBM for that.

If the rumor for the Z50 is true, then I hope there will be a removable battery. Forget about the phone being thin since thin does not always mean better.
    Last edited by thomascgty; 10-10-14 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Title edit
    10-10-14 10:52 PM
    Please don't flame me that I need to get a tablet instead.
    No one would do that. They would however tell you that you clearly need a Passport.

1) Bigger display.
    2) QWERTY keyboard.
    3) Massive battery.

Everything you're looking for in a device but trying to find in devices such as the Z10,Q10 and Z30. And AFAIK, from a quick look around the already existing threads, the Android version of LINE does work.
    thomascgty likes this.
    10-10-14 11:30 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Z30 and I was a bit hesitant because of the integrated battery. After using it for 3 months I can definitely say the battery is very large and the hardware & OS are so efficient that it is a non-issue. I spent the night at a friends place a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have my charger with me (I didn't expect to spend the night) and she has an iPhone. My BlackBerry Z30 went from 100% to 9% in the space of 33 hours. That battery life actually reminded me of my first BlackBerry which was a 8703e. I do have an external battery tube but I have never had any need for it and haven't even taken it out of the package.

As for Docs To Go it is a full office suite. You can create (doc and xls) and edit documents. I would go so far as saying some days it is the only office suite I use or need.

What about the 16:9 screen type of the Z30 do you need or want? For me a large part was to watch Netflix. You should take a serious look at the BlackBerry Passport. If I had to make my choice today for the Z30 there is a better than 50% chance I would get the Passport.

Whatever choice you make be it Z30 or Passport both are great smartphones for what they were designed to do.

Posted via CB10
    thomascgty likes this.
    10-10-14 11:45 PM
    For documents, the z30 will be a better unit to the z10. I ditched my z10 and got z30 for this very reason. Documents and web browsing.
    thomascgty likes this.
    10-10-14 11:50 PM