02-22-13 01:27 PM
40 12
tools
    I'm guessing when Aristo comes out it will take over the $200 price and the Z10 will be lowered and be treated like the iphone 4s is now.
    mithrazor likes this.
    01-31-13 02:09 PM
    +1 themarco
    then add standard usb connectivity, micro sd capacity rated to 32 gigs (untested to 64) and a removable battery.
    01-31-13 02:16 PM

He's talking about a better camera...Megapixel count isn't everything. If you think all 8MP cameras are automatically the same, you really need to do WAY more research. Lumia 920 has an 8MP camera like the iPhone 5 but takes way better low light photos, for example. Nearly every review out there says the Z10 camera delivers performance inferior to other 8MP flagships like the One X, Lumia 920, S3, Note II and the iPhone 5. He's asked for a better camera, not a megapixel bump.

It's time YOU got a reality check. OEMs are improving optics in phones all the time.
    I'm really frustrated to hear about poor low light performance which is a very important feature in a camera. RIM knew it had to seriously improve the camera (the one on my 9900 is massively inferior to the iPhone) yet they didn't bother. I would trade time shift for better low light pictures. Grrrrrrr....
    01-31-13 02:17 PM
    I'm really frustrated to hear about poor low light performance which is a very important feature in a camera.
    Let's hold off until real world user results are in. As well, with any new OS release software tweeks might correct any potential issues.
    01-31-13 02:20 PM
    I'm guessing when Aristo comes out it will take over the $200 price and the Z10 will be lowered and be treated like the iphone 4s is now.
    True.
    01-31-13 02:53 PM
    Having thought a lot about it, Aristo for me. It's everything I'd want on a device. 4.65 inch screen size like my GNex plus 2800mAh battery, stereo speakers, better camera. It's just a monster plus by then, BB10 should be more stable in terms of the app availability. I've been a long time BB user before switching to Android last year when my BB broke, but the Z10 isn't enough for me at the moment.
    01-31-13 07:48 PM
    This is a serious question: Can you even tell the difference between the Z10 screen and a 1080p smartphone screen without the use of a microscope?

I also am a bit disappointed with the processor and camera in the device. While the processor is not that big of a deal since BB10 seems to be incredibly resource efficient, the camera is definitely lacking. The pictures posted by CrackBerry in their review of the Z10 make it abundantly clear that they're quite a bit behind the competition. They are going to need to address these deficiencies if they plan on taking market-share away from Samsung and Android. I have an iPhone 5 and was certain I would switch to the Z10, but the Z10 camera samples I have seen have forced me to reevaluate that choice since I use my phone camera more than my DSLR.
    01-31-13 08:37 PM
    Having thought a lot about it, Aristo for me. It's everything I'd want on a device. 4.65 inch screen size like my GNex plus 2800mAh battery, stereo speakers, better camera. It's just a monster plus by then, BB10 should be more stable in terms of the app availability. I've been a long time BB user before switching to Android last year when my BB broke, but the Z10 isn't enough for me at the moment.
    Careful bc it was said that the current screen sizes will be the ones for all future phones. Thats why i asked the question. If the screen size is the same its a no brainer. I want it now!

Pre-ordering tomorrow
    01-31-13 08:46 PM
    It would be funny to have a bunch of people wait for this mystical unannounced phone only to complain about the price when it is really expensive.
    01-31-13 10:39 PM
    Seriously?

Do you know WHY they don't make 32" TVs in 1080p? Because you can't tell the difference at 720p! And you're concerned about it on a 4.2" screen? It already has a higher pixel density than iPhone's "Retina" display!

You think you need better than an 8MP camera? You DO know that anything after 5MP is hindered by the ****ty optics found in ALL phones?

It's time you get a reality check

Not arguing with your logic here, but they do (or did) make 32" TV's in 1080p. I have one...
    01-31-13 11:09 PM
    At this stage if the Aristo is still the real deal as in going to be a production model, I'd wait for it or a Q10.
    02-21-13 11:59 PM
    why not both?

Z10 or wait (Aristo)-why-not-both.jpg
    02-22-13 12:06 AM
    Totally agree with you, the Z10 uses a 1.5 dual core because it doesn't need all that power to run faster and smoother, android would be all buggy and freezing if it didn't have all that power. put it this way:

Dodge challenger - hemi 6.7-liter supercharger V8 engine with 575 hp: 0-60 4.0 sec. quarter-mile 12.0 sec. top speed 182-mph.
    Nissan GT-R - Nissan 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with 545 hp: 0-60 2.7 sec. quarter-mile 10.8 sec. top speed 196-mph.

So you see, it's not about the engine's size, it's about the engine's technology !!
    02-22-13 03:35 AM
    Why is it underwhelming ? maybe the QNX BB10 does not need more than that, you can see on YouTube the comparisons with WP, iPhone, and galaxy 3 where BB10 is faster in many ways,

Ex: Why would you need a 6000 CC engine, when you have a 3.6 CC Nissan Skyline GT-R that's faster than most of the higher cil. and cc's cars out there ??
    Or a little 700cc turbo Smart car that can take you up to the legal speed limit pretty quick and than cruise on an overdrive 6th gear

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 05:21 AM
    Totally agree with you, the Z10 uses a 1.5 dual core because it doesn't need all that power to run faster and smoother, android would be all buggy and freezing if it didn't have all that power. put it this way:

Dodge challenger - hemi 6.7-liter supercharger V8 engine with 575 hp: 0-60 4.0 sec. quarter-mile 12.0 sec. top speed 182-mph.
    Nissan GT-R - Nissan 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with 545 hp: 0-60 2.7 sec. quarter-mile 10.8 sec. top speed 196-mph.

So you see, it's not about the engine's size, it's about the engine's technology !!
    Or a little 700cc turbo Smart car that can take you up to the legal speed limit pretty quick and than cruise on an overdrive 6th gear

Posted via CB10
    I've always thought BlackBerrys to be like Porsches (in culture and in how they build their machines).

BB - not the biggest processor or best GPU, yet efficient and fast/smooth performance.
    Porsche - 6 cylinder with a 3.6 liter engine that puts many V8's to shame (especially around a track), and doesn't cost a bajillion dollars like exotic cars that perform marginally better if not the same.
    Oscar_E likes this.
    02-22-13 01:27 PM
40 12