I had a Z10 for 6 months and then bought a Samsung galaxy note 2 for the company and I gave it a trial for a week. Samsung is a great phone but I finally switched back to the Z10 for the following reasons :
    - the keyboard, I needed double the time to type on note 2 than in the BBY.
    - the hub, absolutely practical for me that I get around 100 messages a day, email, text , Facebook etc
    - the multitasking, I am used to make work through the web, calculations, based on email questions and data at the same time. I find the multitasking of BBY 10 absolutely easier and faster than the Android of the Samsung.
    Since October I have upgrade to the Z30 and I got on top the 5' Amoled screen and the great battery life that I had appreciated on the note ii.

Sent from my Z 30
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-30-13 05:38 PM
    One of my relatives, that owns S4 played with my Z10 today, and said she liked it. I'm still not sure all she did but she was playing with keyboard suggestions and writing some messages around. She's in her 20s
    12-30-13 05:50 PM
    Then what's the Z10's excuse for poor battery life?
    I don't have poor battery life. I plop a another battery in at will.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Rohit_K likes this.
    12-30-13 06:46 PM
    Emails with forever sync has been greatest advantage of BlackBerry OS10. Typing is another big pulling factor. I have been staying with BB since last 10 yrs only because of its emailing capabilities. Hope, bb will maintain this differentiating factor.

Dr Prithvi Sent by Z30 frm CB10
    12-30-13 06:54 PM
    This is one is funny. Thanks.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    12-30-13 07:56 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    "Blackberry, our battery life isn't very good but you can just plop another one in"!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    tack and JeepBB like this.
    12-30-13 07:57 PM
    This is one is funny. Thanks.
    8-14 hours each.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 07:59 PM
    "Better Cloud Integration, and Much Better Mobile Printing support in OfficeSuite Pro."

For the record: No. You're wrong. I've used both. Cloud integration on BB10 is far better than on Android, and it's better throughout the OS, not on an app-by-app basis.

Fonts may render more "accurately" in Office Suite Pro. I haven't noticed. What I do notice is that I get more done more quickly in Docs2Go.

And BlackBerry Travel. Seriously.

The S4 has a shelf life of about two months, then it starts being a dog in every category -- battery life, stability, even the screen starts to wash out. I've had my Z10 for about that long. Seems fine.

Oh, and you are totally wrong about audio reproduction. It is ALL about latency. The best hardware in the world won't compensate. If it did, we wouldn't pay big money for...
    Audio Stream Input/Output - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Audio quality is one area where the QNX kernel shines.
    12-30-13 08:17 PM
    "Better Cloud Integration, and Much Better Mobile Printing support in OfficeSuite Pro."

For the record: No. You're wrong. I've used both. Cloud integration on BB10 is far better than on Android, and it's better throughout the OS, not on an app-by-app basis.

Fonts may render more "accurately" in Office Suite Pro. I haven't noticed. What I do notice is that I get more done more quickly in Docs2Go.

The S4 has a shelf life of about two months, then it starts being a dog in every category -- battery life, stability, even the screen starts to wash out. I've had my Z10 for about that long. Seems fine.

Oh, and you are totally wrong about audio reproduction. It is ALL about latency. The best hardware in the world won't compensate. If it did, we wouldn't pay big money for...

LOL. At least be honest and say they both have their moments.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    12-30-13 08:21 PM
    Prove it.

And I don't mean linking me to the KitKat specs where they say it will run on 512MB or CyanogenMod builds for the Gio or some other cheap Android phone lol. I'm pretty much waiting to see an ACTUAL new device running official KitKat with 512MB of RAM. Until then, I don't think anyone can make a real argument for it.

Not super smooth, but quite acceptable, given these are beta builds. In any case, this would be impossible with BB10.
    Donvald, TgeekB and Fidel Mercado like this.
    12-30-13 08:33 PM
    Very few informed, objective opinions here. Pk's "my dad can beat up your dad" post was perfect. People pick one or two features they like and cast the whole OS as superior. Reminds of the online forum stating for years that the Amiga OS was the best long after it was dead. Polarized, emotional responses abound.
    bekkay, BlackBerry Guy and JeepBB like this.
    12-30-13 09:03 PM

I didn't know office suite pro was an operating system.

Just wow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    12-31-13 01:21 AM
    S4 is better... Period and another period

Why?

It has better hardware. Software can always change.
    Can you change your hardware by yourself like you can on a tower desktop?
    - hell no!

At the s4's side, it has a big bang hardware already and all you need to have and to know are the knowledge on how to improve the software with the help of android devs.

Ui? Naaah... you can always change it.

I will say BlackBerry is the best if they will use that intel 8 core chip for BlackBerry devices with better hardware parts.

But aside from all of that, I'm using a zeeeeeeeTEN!
    Because I'm not an android fan :P

Seriously, they're just about the same in general. Happy new year guys.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by systemvolker; 12-31-13 at 06:56 AM.
    12-31-13 01:42 AM
    Interesting. My 5S completely ****s on my Z10 when it comes to talk time, internet use and overall use in general. My Z10 barely last 8 hours (including idle time) while my iPhone 5S has had close to 10 hours of usage and 15 hours of standby (almost 35 hours of uptime).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psrjhofewe.png
    I think this has always been a big mystery about all BlackBerry devices. 8 hrs incl. Idle time doesn't sound like an 'ordinary' Z10. Others claim their Z10 lasts up to 3 days, while some claim their Z10 only makes 6 hrs. As for my Z10, running 10.2.1 on 4G LTE most of the time, I normally get a full 24 hrs out of it before I plug it in at 10% remaining battery.

BUT, as said, I'm running 10.2.1.1259 since it's been leaked now and just last night, my Z10 was screwed up for the first time. So this is what happened (thanks to the built-in device monitor one can see what went wrong):

Attachment 234853

Under 'normal' circumstances (~ 24 hrs on a charge in my case), 'Display' is always the number one battery drainer by far, with approx. 25%-30%. But in the above case, where the device just laid on my night desk for hours, System and PIM Services were the main drainers. And only god knows why.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 vs S4... What makes Z10 better?-img_20131231_123728.png  
    12-31-13 05:48 AM
    now Samsung 16GB S4 need extra 1 or 2 GB of storage and bunch of apps to act like Z10. since most of storage is occupied by Samsung OS (more than 6GB huge..) still don't have basic functionality of Z10. what S4 is loaded with, anti apple videos "next big thing already here" ????
    The device has like 10GB storage free and when you factor in formatting, it only has like 14.6GB usable on a 16GB volume, anyways (yes, you lose over 1GB storage to formatting - check any device :-P )... 6GB is blown a bit out of proportion, don't you think :-P

Most people never have an issue with 16GB even when the OEM fills it up with a heavy OS and a ton of stock apps. Look at iOS. Apple pre-loads and gives away a ton of apps that almost all of their users download and use (iWorks, iLife apps by themselves are probably close to 2GB install size) and a majority of their users get by just fine with 16GB.

On a Samsung Device you can tell your Browser to save downloads to SD card, you can tell your camera to save to SD Card. You can even tell Google Music to cache to SD Card. You can put your documents on your SD Card. You can tell Kies to Sync stuff to SD Card instead of Internal Storage. It's simply not that much of an issue.

I treat the internal storage on my Android device the way I would on an iPhone. Apps go there. Everything else pretty much goes to my SD Card. I won't even come close to having space issues.

You'd have a much better point if 16GB Class 10 SD Cards weren't dirt cheap these days. Back in 2004, you may have started a revolution with that rant!
    12-31-13 04:05 PM
    I have to touch on something...

Audio Quality also requires good audio hardware in the device, and Samsung trumps Blackberry (and even Apple) devices there.

Great Audio DACs are to Audio what Great ISPs are to Cameras. Just because Samsung uses arguably better camera sensors, their cameras are still outperformed by Apple simply because Apple uses a custom ISP that allows their devices to produce better results. Sony can use the same sensor they produced for the iPhone in their phones and Apple will outperform it because of that. Audio is no different. Samsung has better Audio Hardware in their devices than Blackberry, so the device emits higher quality Audio - this is especially true when they are used with high end BT headsets as they have support for things that other phones may not...

You people have been spamming Wikipedia Links since before BB10 was released and floundered in the consumer market, so I hope you don't expect that to be taken seriously. Not many of you actually have an idea just how much the better audio hardware in those devices actually affect the audio quality.

LATENCY does not affect Audio Quality. Latency affects things like Synchronization (i.e. if latency is bad, then audio won't be synced up with video), for example, and when you're recording something; and I don't think Beyonc� recorded her latest album on a Z10... For that, you want very low latency because you don't want the recorded sound to be out of sync with the track it's being mixed with.

For great audio quality, you need a good Audio DAC in the device. Samsung uses Wolfson, which are some of the best being used in smartphones. They also have good IP and development in that area. We can eliminate the accessory used for sound output as a variable since it's obvious that low quality headphones/earbuds/speakers will degrade even a good quality sound... What the S3/4 produces in sound is superior to what the Z10 produces, and how good QNX is at low latency audio has nothing to do with it, Lol.

LOW LATENCY Audio is a useless metric for measuring AUDIO QUALITY. Stop throwing Wikipedia in people's faces when you have literally no clue what you're talking about...

12-31-13 04:31 PM
    8 inefficient cores that gobble up battery life omnomnomnomnomnom, gotta love droidz1!

Posted via CB10

It's tough to criticize the SIV battery life especially when it's compared to the Z10...
    bekkay likes this.
    01-01-14 07:10 AM
    It's tough to criticize the SIV battery life especially when it's compared to the Z10...
    After 3.5 hrs of constant use...I think this is okay.

Z10 vs S4... What makes Z10 better?-img_20140101_151111.png

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 08:12 AM
    After 3.5 hrs of constant use...I think this is okay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140101_151111.png 
Views:	736 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	235103

Posted via CB10
    Deception?

Screen doesn't clock in that low on "any" device with constant use. Does your Z10 have some futuristic screen tech in it?

Also the phone is showing decent usage only from ~1321 to 1506, which is less than two hours.

So you lost about 30% of your battery in < 2 hours of what that graphic shows to be light to low-moderate (at best) usage.

That's actually not good, but that is only my opinion. Up until 1321 the phone was clearly not (or very barely, there is a lot of flattening in there) being used, so your use of 3.5 hours is also clearly off...

TL;DR -

1. There is no 3.5h of constant use.
    2. The battery loss a third of its charge in < 2 hours of light to moderate (at best) usage.

High usage almost always has a high screen % as that component tends to drain the most power. I believe the Z10 also uses an LCD panel, as well?

I took my phone off the charger at 94%, but this is what the power distribution looks like on almost any modern smartphone with "constant use" (high screen on time).

Last edited by n8ter#AC; 01-11-14 at 01:47 AM.
    01-11-14 01:34 AM
    Deception?

Screen doesn't clock in that low on "any" device with constant use. Does your Z10 have some futuristic screen tech in it?

Also the phone is showing decent usage only from ~1321 to 1506, which is less than two hours.

So you lost about 30% of your battery in < 2 hours of what that graphic shows to be light to low-moderate (at best) usage.

That's actually not good, but that is only my opinion. Up until 1321 the phone was clearly not (or very barely, there is a lot of flattening in there) being used, so your use of 3.5 hours is also clearly off...

TL;DR -

1. There is no 3.5h of constant use.
    2. The battery loss a third of its charge in < 2 hours of light to moderate (at best) usage.

High usage almost always has a high screen % as that component tends to drain the most power. I believe the Z10 also uses an LCD panel, as well?

I took my phone off the charger at 94%, but this is what the power distribution looks like on almost any modern smartphone with "constant use" (high screen on time).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/11/sedyqagu.jpg

It's battery usage, pal. BATTERY USAGE. What's moderate here isn't my use but the devices battery consumption. It is what it is so don't fu**ing assume I am lying. By "constant" I didn't mean the screen was lit for 3.5 hrs nonstop, of course, but almost. Normally through an entire charging cycle the screen on my Z10 accounts for 25-30% of the battery consumption, that's right, that's my observation. But don't fkn tell me that I used the phone for less than 2 hrs when I barely laid it aside for 3 and a half. Dammit.

Just as I see your screenshot:
    Your Android device lays out consumption in %, BB10 in %-points. Big difference. The Z10 screen made up 17%-points of the overall 35%. That means in terms of your Android device monitor: 17/35 = 48.6%. So sounds 48.6% legit for you or am I still lying?
    Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 04:17 AM
    It's battery usage, pal. BATTERY USAGE. What's moderate here isn't my use but the devices battery consumption. It is what it is so don't fu**ing assume I am lying. By "constant" I didn't mean the screen was lit for 3.5 hrs nonstop, of course, but almost. Normally through an entire charging cycle the screen on my Z10 accounts for 25-30% of the battery consumption, that's right, that's my observation. But don't fkn tell me that I used the phone for less than 2 hrs when I barely laid it aside for 3 and a half. Dammit.

Just as I see your screenshot:
    Your Android device lays out consumption in %, BB10 in %-points. Big difference. The Z10 screen made up 17%-points of the overall 35%. That means in terms of your Android device monitor: 17/35 = 48.6%. So sounds 48.6% legit for you or am I still lying?
    Posted via CB10
    No...

01-11-14 04:47 AM
    It's completely about the individual user and what works best for them.
    Not completely true. The question is which one is the BETTER phone. That means which one is honestly better from a point where preference or opinion is as little of a factor as possible. It's quite obviously the S4. I mean, if you did a comparison of every single feature on both phones, we can probably all agree that the S4 would beat the Z10.
    Although it obviously does come down to the individual to decide which phone is better and which one to buy. They will pick which phone is the best for themselves. The definition of 'better' depends on what the public wants in a phone. But then, since the S4 has blown away the Z10 in terms of sales,cant we conclude in this way, since the consumer will pick the better phone, that the S4 is the overall superior one?
    Idk, that's the way I see things. Of course people don't have to choose the 'better' phone, there are always special things in a phone that no other can do that is enough for it to become the 'best' phone for any person.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:18 AM
    Honestly, arguments like this leave me shaking my head because only morons engage in this type argument.

Just go with the phone that meets your needs.... can someone please lock this useless thread???!!!

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    01-11-14 05:38 AM
    For a start marketing then after its personal preference I'd say.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    01-11-14 06:16 AM
    No...

Thank you so much that we finally agree that the Z10 battery life isn't "too bad"! What a victory this is.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 06:25 AM
175 ... 567