Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:17 PM
    z10 versus an entire company? What samsung are you talking about?
    12-28-13 07:20 PM
    This would make more sense if it was "BlackBerry vs. Samsung" or "Z10 vs Galaxy S4". It would also be nice if you actually put a comment in your post and not just a title. You started a discussion and added nothing to it.

IMO the S4 is the better device (if this is where it's going). It has better hardware, a much nicer screen, a great camera, access to the entire Google Play store and has a ton of accessories. The overall package has more to offer.

This is just my opinion and I own the Z10. I do not own and have never owned a Galaxy S4. I also really like my Z10 and BB10.
    12-28-13 07:23 PM
    This would make more sense if it was "BlackBerry vs. Samsung" or "Z10 vs Galaxy S4". It would also be nice if you actually put a comment in your post and not just a title. You started a discussion and added nothing to it.

IMO the S4 is the better device (if this is where it's going). It has better hardware, a much nicer screen, a great camera, access to the entire Google Play store and has a ton of accessories. The overall package has more to offer.

This is just my opinion and I own the Z10. I do not own and have never owned a Galaxy S4. I also really like my Z10 and BB10.

I agree.
    mkmilan likes this.
    12-28-13 07:27 PM
    It's really about what you need out of your smartphone.
    sugbo and bekkay like this.
    12-28-13 07:34 PM
    I have a S4 and agree as a whole it's a better Davice and hardware wise bb should try to get a similar whole package device but i think bb10 is less resource intensive than andriod although it's a bit immature compared to other platforms so it comes down to preference

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-28-13 07:36 PM
    If we are taking about operating systems, I'd pick BB10 for myself. Just an easier way to get through a busy day with communications. Plus, I believe BB10 has so much potential with future updates.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:37 PM
    If we are taking about operating systems, I'd pick BB10 for myself. Just an easier way to get through a busy day with communications. Plus, I believe BB10 has so much potential with future updates.

Posted via CB10
    True but they all have potential with future updates, don't they?
    12-28-13 07:40 PM
    I used to have the S3, granted the S4 has better hardware, but my experience with the S3 is that it was laggy, probably due to the UI that Samsung runs on top of the OS. Also, after using the Z10, I have a keen appreciation for how cumbersome the S3 was to use.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:41 PM
    Ok agreed. Yes I meant the z10 v the Samsung 3 & Samsung 4......

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:42 PM
    I have a S4 and agree as a whole it's a better Davice and hardware wise bb should try to get a similar whole package device but i think bb10 is less resource intensive than andriod although it's a bit immature compared to other platforms so it comes down to preference

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CB Forums mobile app
    Less resource intensive? Doesn't BB10 NEED 2GB of RAM to even run properly? Android 4.4 runs smoothly on devices with 512MB of RAM.
    TgeekB, Donvald, bekkay and 1 others like this.
    12-28-13 07:58 PM
    I agree (above poster), how many times in the evening do we get such silly posts? If you want to start an intellectual discussion I'm sure you can do so much more than. Coffee versus Tea , discuss.

I'm always looking forward to some stimulating discussions but come on man!

Lube up those fingers a bit and get them shakin... it's Saturday time dancing time on the keyboard!

lol

Okay well seriously, the Samsung tablets look quite impressive with their sheer screen size, elegant design, and resolution alone. Nice to see such HD quality, has enough for me to be convinced to buy a tablet for myself.

Tablet's are important and elegant enough to convince Microsoft to put out their own designs, the entire mobile office (computer in one). I believe even BlackBerry has a similar approach.

Mike Lazaridis' interest in quantum computing also means the next computing space could even be more lucrative with increased processing power.

Intel new 8-core coming up as well next year, how do we all feel about superior graphics/technology of one brand (Samsung) over others?

Is Apple going to match? Can their IPAD's be competitively prices and technically faster?

It's big wars ladies and gentlemen.... 11 billion dollars for marketing from Samsung I believe! That's a whole lot of doe.

Which mobile OS and hardware platform will come out on top.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    12-28-13 10:11 PM
    The z10 can fit in your pocket

Converting people to BlackBerry & BBM since 2010
    12-28-13 10:21 PM
    Build quality. Samsung phones both look and feel cheap and tacky. They age horribly and the screens crack far too easily.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:53 AM
    Exactly. I've used S3, S4 and iphone and currently using Z10. If you use your smartphone as a toy and are an app. lover, iphone and android is your phone. If youre concered with security and your smartphone is an must for your work with lots of e-mail, phonecalls, bbm etc. Z10 is your phone. Only one problem with the Z10 is its light battery, therefore I use a Mugen 3800. Should be standard with Z10. Bottomline I never switch back to Android or Iphone if BB is here to stay.
    12-29-13 06:03 AM
    Z10 vs Galaxy S4:

The Z10 is better for me because...

+ one handed ease of use
    + size
    + ergonomics
    + micro HDMI without adapter
    + better side buttons ergonomics (Volume +/-)
    + Play/Pause/Mute button
    + UX design
    + keyboard
    + reception and call quality
    + much brighter display
    + build quality and durability

Bottom line for me is that the Z10, although it's alltouch, is still more of a tool you can quickly pull out of you pocket and do things with. It's like a Makita cordless electric screwdriver.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:51 AM
    It's completely about the individual user and what works best for them.
    12-29-13 07:56 AM
    Less resource intensive? Doesn't BB10 NEED 2GB of RAM to even run properly? Android 4.4 runs smoothly on devices with 512MB of RAM.
    Except that there's literally no Android device with 512 MB of RAM out there which actually runs Android 4.4. Google optimized and built 4.4 on 512 MB hardware and make an efficiency claim out of this, but as far as I know they still refuse to update the Galaxy Nexus to 4.4.

BB10 does require 2 GB of RAM to run at all. Gut feeling is that BB10 still manages to handle its resources better, I was never able to overstress my Z10 yet, although I ran a little test yesterday:

- App World was open and I startet downloading and installing 6 apps with a total weight of about 700 MB at once
    - I opened the file manager and moved 2 GB of data from the device storage over to the SD card
    - I had the browser open, running a YouTube video in one of multiple tabs (sound only)
    - now I startet messaging within the HUB and flipped around the homescreen

All worked well, no sign of stress. On the other hand: my girlfriend got herself a 2013 Nexus 7 running Vanilla UI for Christmas and already experiences app crashes and entire system freezes and lags occasionally.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:08 AM
    I own both and my S4 has been in a drawer since I got the Z10. The S4 has a bigger screen, but the Z10 is better in every other way, including apps. The quantity isn't there (actually, it is on 10.2.1) but quality is much better on BlackBerry 10.

The Z10 just does everything I need better: pairs great with my car, edit and share documents easily, instant email, integration of calendar with contacts, the keyboard, music sounds better, and it's rock-solid in terms of performance. The S4 was ditched primarily because I got sick of daily freezes, reboots, lag. Plus, if you use it at all, the S4 battery is pretty sad. I get longer battery life with heavier use on the Z10.

That being said, I guess there are more games for the S4. It depends on how you use the phone, but for my needs as a busy professional, the Z10 wins hands down.
    12-29-13 08:13 AM
    I own both and my S4 has been in a drawer since I got the Z10. The S4 has a bigger screen, but the Z10 is better in every other way, including apps. The quantity isn't there (actually, it is on 10.2.1) but quality is much better on BlackBerry 10.

The Z10 just does everything I need better: pairs great with my car, edit and share documents easily, instant email, integration of calendar with contacts, the keyboard, music sounds better, and it's rock-solid in terms of performance. The S4 was ditched primarily because I got sick of daily freezes, reboots, lag.
    The z10 has more quality apps than the S4? Can you name these apps? Bbw is lacking in the professional/entertainment app area. The s4 also has a music equalizer (something the z10 should have shipped with). I understand you like the z10 and all, however I don't understand why you have to exaggerate things to make you feel better about your purchase. There's no way bbw is better than the play store from a quality standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    ajst222, TgeekB, avt123 and 13 others like this.
    12-29-13 08:21 AM
    Exactly. I've used S3, S4 and iphone and currently using Z10. If you use your smartphone as a toy and are an app. lover, iphone and android is your phone. If youre concered with security and your smartphone is an must for your work with lots of e-mail, phonecalls, bbm etc. Z10 is your phone. Only one problem with the Z10 is its light battery, therefore I use a Mugen 3800. Should be standard with Z10. Bottomline I never switch back to Android or Iphone if BB is here to stay.
    ^^^^Tools not Toys^^^^
    12-29-13 08:24 AM
    ^^^^Tools not Toys^^^^
    Ahh yes, the childish comment that got Blackberry nowhere.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-29-13 08:26 AM
    The z10 has more quality apps than the S4? Can you name these apps? Bbw is lacking in the professional/entertainment app area. The s4 also has a music equalizer (something the z10 should have shipped with). I understand you like the z10 and all, however I don't understand why you have to exaggerate things to make you feel better about your purchase. There's no way bbw is better than the play store from a quality standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I was just about to bring this up as well! And also I noticed that he mentioned that the Z10 gets far better battery life than the SIV which is HIGHLY unlikely.
    12-29-13 08:27 AM
    Ahh yes, the childish comment that got Blackberry nowhere.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!

I also don't like it when people on here use the term "toys" in a derogatory way as if it's a bad thing that other phones can do things other than communication well *gasp*.
    12-29-13 08:30 AM
    I also don't like it when people on here use the term "toys" in a derogatory way as if it's a bad thing that other phones can do things other than communication well *gasp*.
    I'm not sure why one would make that statement considering we can check the mentioned app stores to validate his claim. Heck windows mobile is beating bbw from a quality standpoint.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-29-13 08:34 AM
175 123 ...