Hello all! I've been interested in the new Blackberry phones and systems since they came out, but unfortunately at the time I was unable to upgrade. I'm still a ways off, but I was thinking of picking up a used Z10 via eBay to see how I liked it on a day-to-day basis. The short time I've been able to demo the Z10/Z30 I've enjoyed them. The OS reminds me of webOS in a way, which is a very good thing. (Huge webOS fan here...RIP Palm) Anyway, I know the tech is a bit dated since the Z10 came out in January 2013 which is forever ago technologically speaking, but to my eyes the specs still look pretty solid. (Micro SD capability, 8MP camera, multitasking, 2GB ram, etc)

How well does the phone hold up compared to what's currently out on the market? Should I just wait and give the new phones a go whenever Blackberry releases an updated version? (I can upgrade at the end of this year.)
    03-26-14 09:37 PM
    Hello all! I've been interested in the new Blackberry phones and systems since they came out, but unfortunately at the time I was unable to upgrade. I'm still a ways off, but I was thinking of picking up a used Z10 via eBay to see how I liked it on a day-to-day basis. The short time I've been able to demo the Z10/Z30 I've enjoyed them. The OS reminds me of webOS in a way, which is a very good thing. (Huge webOS fan here...RIP Palm) Anyway, I know the tech is a bit dated since the Z10 came out in January 2013 which is forever ago technologically speaking, but to my eyes the specs still look pretty solid. (Micro SD capability, 8MP camera, multitasking, 2GB ram, etc)

How well does the phone hold up compared to what's currently out on the market? Should I just wait and give the new phones a go whenever Blackberry releases an updated version? (I can upgrade at the end of this year.)
    Ya I would probably wait and see what they come out with, but hey if you can afford it get one and start playing.
    03-26-14 09:48 PM
    Nothing wrong with Z10. Still use mine since launch. Zero issues.

If I somehow broke/lost the Z10 I would probably buy a used one to replace it until next flagship touch is out.

I cannot see how it would be a bad deal when you can buy them for under $200.00.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:56 PM
    Good deal for the price. And with the recent 10.2.1 updates makes it even better. I think u will pleased with what the device can offer. Fast Web browsing, gorgeous display, Hub, hdmi, NFC, StoryMaker app, Time Shift, keyboard, etc....

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-26-14 10:24 PM
    Everyone has specific and different tastes. For me, the size of the z10 is more of a quality than the battery, camera, etc of the z30. But that's just ME! Again, the battery, camera and processor is not the same level as z30, but for me when I take a perfect size of 4.2 into consideration, I never complain

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:35 PM
    The Z10 is a great device OP, the only issue would be battery life, if you get your hands on one you won't regret it. I would only suggest that you get a back up battery depending on how much you use the device. The recent price cuts puts a very good device in your hands at a steal.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:46 PM
    Go for a Z30...although it's a great device, u don't want to deal with the Z10's battery life.

Personally I would wait for the next batch of devices though unless u can get a new device for a cheap price on ebay or something. You'll probably appreciate the updated hardware of the newer devices

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:10 AM
    Get from shop BlackBerry, if u are in USA.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:03 AM
    I still love my Z10, had it since launch in Canada. For a couple hundred, it's well worth the money. If you're going to spend more on the Z30, I'd suggest waiting to see what's around the corner later this year, and put the money towards that.
    03-27-14 08:55 AM
    Get from shop BlackBerry, if u are in USA.

Posted via CB10
    $299 isn't a bad price from them. I still don't understand why they don't make an AT&T version of the Z30 and sell it directly.
    03-27-14 09:00 AM
    I just moved from my old Palm Pixi Plus so you know that I am a huge webOs fan as well and I managed to snag the z10 brand new on ebay for 140 CAD. What a steal!! If you get one you will not be sorry. It is a fantastic device. I still miss my "swipe up and close " and still find myself trying to do that on the z10 tho.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:23 AM
    Z10 battery life is just awful. I'd hold out for something newer.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:37 PM
    Plus, no miracast, wifi direct and otg. Just wait

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:39 PM
    I would pay $299.00 for the Z10 from a reputable source. Unfortunately that deal seems only open to the USA.
    03-28-14 07:40 PM
    LTE Z3 FTW

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:41 PM

If price and availability is not an issue, go for the Z30.
    If you have to make a decision to have a z10 or not (when all other models are not available), gun for it. There are few so called 'disadvantages' against the z30, but in itself it , stand alone, the Z10 is a very, very powerful communicator device. Just don't expect it to behave like a computer crammed into a phone like competing products. It does not work that way.

However, the Z30, to a certain extent, can do all that.
    03-28-14 08:15 PM