Not at all, BlackBerry could survive if they had decent following in UK, Canada, India, and Asia.
    U.S isn't fully needed...
    only prolong a slow bleedng death IMO
    they certainly dont have to dominate, although there is no reason why they couldn't, but they need some firm footing in the states
    02-02-13 04:46 PM
    I am a very impressed Android convert. i bought out of my contract after two minutes playing with one.....Wasnt much to pay off the old contract what a bit of kit though Mrs and daughter are well impressed with the flashy face time shift thingy...I like USB mass storage and the very snazzy clock app
    dietertong, Bilaal and xiaohuaxing like this.
    02-02-13 05:08 PM
    Good feedback so far on Vodafone's site from users:
    BlackBerry Z10 Black - Buy BlackBerry Z10 deals on Vodafone UK contract | overview
    (click on "reviews" button)
    02-02-13 05:08 PM
    BlackBerry devices selling out? Wow... that's a first I believe. Good for them.
    kfh227 and Sammcn like this.
    02-02-13 05:44 PM
    02-02-13 06:29 PM
    they certainly dont have to dominate, although there is no reason why they couldn't, but they need some firm footing in the states
    there are many phone makers who sell exclusively to china and other countries in that part of the world that would very much disagree with you.
    02-02-13 07:28 PM
    I'm getting a sense that the "sold out" is caused from limited stock in the first place.
    Sounds like each store got between 2-10?
    In that case, it would be sad if they DIDN"T sell out.
    02-02-13 07:35 PM
    I'm getting a sense that the "sold out" is caused from limited stock in the first place.
    thats generally typical stock tbh for uk stores
    02-02-13 07:37 PM
    Link please!
    Google worked for me. LoL

London Calling: - BlackBerry - RIM
    Shanerredflag and TomJasper like this.
    02-02-13 07:40 PM
    She's holding it upside-down... -_-;;
    02-02-13 07:42 PM
    isnt it obvious ? Entertainment ! Duh ?! lol

Will be Canada's turn to show the love in a few days...
    Can't wait either.
    02-02-13 08:31 PM
    there are many phone makers who sell exclusively to china and other countries in that part of the world that would very much disagree with you.
    Well we are not talking about those unnamed manufacturers. The statement and comment was about blackberry. I still think it would be hard for them to exist should they dry up in the states. Given the corporate and business orientation they have built their reputation on they need the US market. Since I don't know what companies that sell exclusively in China you are talking about I can't say how well bberry matches up to them.
    02-02-13 08:35 PM
    this could have an interesting effect,,, attack the states from the outside in...
    BlackBerry Z10 Black - Buy BlackBerry Z10 deals on Vodafone UK contract | overview
    Don't forget that Vodafone, which is apparently out of stock of Z10's in the UK right now, is married to Verizon in the USA.

Verizon now has no excuse for either not knowing about the sales levels or customer impression of those devices. :-D
    02-02-13 10:02 PM
    In 2-3 years, my money is on the fact that places like India will have 4G everywhere. When you give 1 billion + people broadband on their phones with no built in loyalty, there is a large market. Goog, MSFT, RIMM, they all know this. If RIM gets 10%$ of India though, that's 100 million people. that's 1/3 the US. RIM only needs 10% market share to do very well.
    xiaohuaxing and 416to604 like this.
    02-02-13 10:34 PM
    Is it just me thinking that those who gave poor ratings on the Vodafone website were lying through their teeth? Claims that the phone is extremely slow? Really? I don't buy that. One user even said he had the Z10 for a week. Unless he's someone like CrackBerry Kevin and the CB crew with VIP status with BB, normal consumers would only have it since the 31st.
    bungaboy and xiaohuaxing like this.
    02-02-13 10:36 PM
    thats generally typical stock tbh for uk stores
    It doesn't matter that one store got X. It matters taht a country with X people had Z people buy it.
    02-02-13 10:37 PM
    If you take the number of smartphone owners in the UK and understand that in 2-3 days, 1% of them (no 0.9 or 1.1) bought a Z10, it is a real thing to comprehend.

Notice, i said smartphone owners. I'm not talking 1% of everyone in the UK.
    Last edited by kfh227; 02-02-13 at 10:50 PM.
    thekidshop likes this.
    02-02-13 10:39 PM
    They are going for way more than the advertised issue price on ebay.co.uk. So, if they are not sold out, I am confused why people would be buying them on ebay for more than they could get them for at a store nearby (and yes, the sellers are indicating 'shipping to UK only')
    dietertong, Dapper37 and bungaboy like this.
    02-02-13 10:59 PM
    They are going for way more than the advertised issue price on ebay.co.uk. So, if they are not sold out, I am confused why people would be buying them on ebay for more than they could get them for at a store nearby (and yes, the sellers are indicating 'shipping to UK only')
    And they are selling? Atlaast have bids in?
    02-02-13 11:02 PM
    Maybe because not all of the UK has the phone yet? Like some rural places? iunno.

I can't imagine someone paying a premium for the phone instead of waiting until they get more stock next week.
    02-02-13 11:07 PM
    Maybe because not all of the UK has the phone yet? Like some rural places? iunno.

I can't imagine someone paying a premium for the phone instead of waiting until they get more stock next week.
    Maybe people in the UK are devolving into Americans?
    02-02-13 11:18 PM
    She's holding it upside-down... -_-;;
    You beat me to it... Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-02-13 11:28 PM
    Here's the math for you:

BB7: Average margin per device: negative $30. Might be better in the UK due to higher end BB7 models being sold, so there may be some upside there.

Service revenues per BIS user: $72. Estimated service revenue margin percentage: 85% = Service revenue margins of $61.

So the average BB7 customer is worth $31.

Even if there is no service fee revenue for a BB10 customer, the device margins are likely to be in the $150-$200 range, making a BB10 customer worth 5x that of a BB7 customer.

Or the other way to look at it is that a BB7 customer would need to stick around for about 6 years generating service fees on their original device to equal the value of a BB10 customer.
    And that BB10 customer may change out for a new BB11/12/13... phone 12-18 months down the road, starting the higher margins all over again.

Add in increased market share for Blackberry going forward equals increased margins on new market share also.

Add in increased rev's from apps,media sales ..... Well you get the picture.
    02-03-13 12:04 AM
    this is looking good!
    02-03-13 12:17 AM
    also i think both Blackberry will see a increase in income from app sales(including music and movies) seeing they will be selling more devices not just in the short term but longer term because i would 'guess' just like apple users blackberry users would be more willing to pay for apps and other content in the app store.

also i think this will help carriers alot as far as direct billing because blackberry supports carrier billing from day one i think on my major carriers unlike android which alot of users didnt have from day 1(with there new contract), and i would say blackberry users would be more willing to pay there phone bills on time then other customers, now i dont have anything to back that statement up but i think its alot easier just to select carrier billing then to add a credit/debit card to the phone.
    02-03-13 12:39 AM
185 ... 45678