The suggestion is that available stock has been substantially depleted, and the estimate hints at to be customer uptake (boxes over the counter). Even if it is sell-in volume to resellers it is getting close to retail/end-user sales volume, and at "several hundred thousand" in a UK total population ~60m that is probably better than expected for one day.
    It's impossible - if they sold 700,000 or even half of that in day, it would be the best selling mobile in UK history by a massive multiple (exclude the iphone because that has pre-sales) - Blackberry's people and the phone networks would be running the phones (excuse the pun) red-hot phoning the media to let them know - it would be all over the tech news. Heck, it would have broke yesterday because the volume of traffic in stores would have tipped people off - even here, people are reporting many store staff are telling them that things are quiet.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-01-13 03:58 PM
    when it comes to watching line ups for stores, Blackberry has a lot of corporate customers, and so i doubt
    that they are going to stand in line to pick up say 50 phones.
    something to consider...
    Highly unlikely, we have never see behaviour like that off corporate customers for any phone, **** any tech - they simply don't mass-purchase en-mass like that.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-01-13 04:00 PM
    when it comes to watching line ups for stores, Blackberry has a lot of corporate customers, and so i doubt
    that they are going to stand in line to pick up say 50 phones.
    something to consider...
    They aren't going to buy through stores. They'll order through a carrier or large account reseller. The people standing in line are consumers.

Contrary to popular belief, RIM sells more phones to consumers than enterprises and has for many years.
    02-01-13 04:02 PM
    It's impossible - if they sold 700,000 or even half of that in day, it would be the best selling mobile in UK history by a massive multiple (exclude the iphone because that has pre-sales) - Blackberry's people and the phone networks would be running the phones (excuse the pun) red-hot phoning the media to let them know - it would be all over the tech news. Heck, it would have broke yesterday because the volume of traffic in stores would have tipped people off - even here, people are reporting many store staff are telling them that things are quiet.
    nobody said 700,000 phones; the quote was several hundred thousand...
    Lehomer and nt300 like this.
    02-01-13 04:04 PM
    I heard Apple doesn't get any AIS for any phones old either ....

Key is revenue from apps etc.
    02-01-13 04:05 PM
    Vodafone sold out. New stock arriving Tuesday.
    02-01-13 04:08 PM
    Several = more than 2
    02-01-13 04:08 PM
    Just reported in another thread:

I just received an email from Bell stating that preorders for white z10 must be stopped immediately due to inventory constraint.
    Thread
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-01-13 04:12 PM
    Even 100,000 would be a massive number that would be picked up on - people really overestimate how many phones are sold at launch.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-01-13 04:13 PM
    Even 100,000 would be a massive number that would be picked up on - people really overestimate how many phones are sold at launch.
    i did an internet search for the Z10 around my City and they were sold out with in a 30 mile radius and not getting replenished until monday. Go figure
    02-01-13 04:24 PM
    i did an internet search for the Z10 around my City and they were sold out with in a 30 mile radius and not getting replenished until monday. Go figure
    although this seems great my local store said there were only 3 (i was 4) and she didnt know how many she was getting on the 5th. If stores are only getting 5 phones then i would hope they sell out.
    Are the stores beside your house small (like the one where mine was)? My store had only 5 accessories available FOR ALL BRANDS ... it is a VERY SMALL STORE, but my point is that if the stock is limited then it will sell out.

it will be great news if everyone sells out of limited stock, but it would be better news if everyone sells out with a normal stock!
    02-01-13 04:59 PM
    great, keep selling, the high sales might actually get these carriers in the states to get off their butts and release the phones.
    Tim-ANC and dcburke789 like this.
    02-01-13 05:06 PM
    although this seems great my local store said there were only 3 (i was 4) and she didnt know how many she was getting on the 5th. If stores are only getting 5 phones then i would hope they sell out.
    Are the stores beside your house small (like the one where mine was)? My store had only 5 accessories available FOR ALL BRANDS ... it is a VERY SMALL STORE, but my point is that if the stock is limited then it will sell out.

it will be great news if everyone sells out of limited stock, but it would be better news if everyone sells out with a normal stock!
    no they are all large stores
    02-01-13 05:45 PM
    Yes that would be a good start, but i have a feeling its higher than that.
    02-01-13 05:55 PM
    "For everyone customer getting a Z10, BlackBerry loses $5/month in BIS fees." <-- something much like this was said above.

Possibly true, but I'm pretty sure many of those new Z10 customers will also be buying apps. They may not have on the older devices, but you can pretty much count on it on the Z10, for the majority of customers. Also note that, at least in Canada, 50% of the reservations are apparently non-BB customers before now. No BIS fees lost there either...

BlackBerry's not exactly going to be hurting big any time soon from some lost fees. The analysts got that one wrong, I'm afraid.
    Qaxl likes this.
    02-01-13 05:55 PM
    Tim Cook must have sleepless nights now.
    02-01-13 05:56 PM
    I don't and have never preordered a phone. I usually take my chances on launch day. Not with BB10 though. I preordered right away and I have a feeling it will be very hard to get your hands on one.
    02-01-13 06:24 PM
    Coukd any of you specify white when preordering?
    02-01-13 06:27 PM
    no they are all large stores
    Then it is party time!!!
    02-01-13 06:34 PM
    Vodafone had sold out of all online ordered stock by 3pm yesterday 31st. My order could not be fulfilled until more stock was available this morning and my Z10 will be with me on Monday.
    Snap51 likes this.
    02-01-13 06:35 PM
    But...the negative review... This CAN'T BE!!!?
    02-01-13 06:41 PM
    Coukd any of you specify white when preordering?
    Yes. I had the option of Z10 in Black or White and Q10 in Black. I reserved 1 of each (in Black) from Rogers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:08 PM
    Does anyone know how many phones they can produce per month? I'm starting to think the delay to feb (and March in the US) has something to do with meeting obvious day-1 demand.
    02-01-13 07:22 PM
    Pricey BB10's on Ebay:

blackberry z 10 | eBay
    02-01-13 07:25 PM
    any one any solid source with info on an amount sold to date ie a good est ... 4 more days till we get ours
    02-01-13 07:36 PM
185 1234 ...