Hi, my dad is a manger at a pharmaceutical company and they are renewing the company phones.

Previously he had a curve 8310 and 9800.

His choices are iPhone 5, z10 or q10.

Off the bat, I said he shouldn't get an iPhone due to lack of BBM currently and because it's harder to work on i.e email, and other simple stuff.

He's in his 50s and said he responds to 15-20 emails per day, but I see him doing a lot of his work on the computer as well.

Simply put I feel like unless someone really types a lot z10 would be better but what do you guys think? It also seems to get more and better leaks and apps.

The battery maybe small but Iit lasts a few days for me and his use is lighter than mine.

Are there really any compelling reasons for the q10? I heard the BBM, email shortcuts are on z10 as well and actionable notifications are coking in 10.2 so what do you guys think?

He uses his torch for BBM, email and phone I personally think the z10 keyboard is more than good enough and I would ever go back to abohysical phone in fact this post is so long because I'm having a blast typing it lol.

I'd say z10 what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10 Khalistan Zindabad
    07-03-13 06:55 PM
    You know your dad better than any of us, lol

If he's tech savvy, Z10 should be fine for him but given he's coming from a long line of QWERTY devices, maybe he should go with the Q10 which I think would be better since he's responding to at least 15 emails from the phone.

Personally, I have an iPhone and I prefer not to deal with any long winded responses on it. Typing on glass doesn't seem like a joy, especially with the iPhone. The autocorrect is not as good as Android and I can't compare it to BB10. I'm gonna say Q10 for dad.
    07-03-13 07:11 PM
    I was about to write a post on this today. I am his age. I do a lot of emails.

I purchased both the Z and the Q. I have been playing with both for about 2 weeks and today it hit me.

Despite the obvious physical differences to me the Q is a better one hand phone. It feels perfect in my hand and is perfect when in the car when you might need to type a character or two at a time. With a physical keyboard that is ideal

The Z has rather plain looks but I think is a better overall phone. The glass keyboard is very good.

But the Q just feels so right when you hold it. It's werid

I have been a blackberry user for over 10 years and only when my bold died last December I switched to iphone (but now I am back to blackberry)

I have mixed feelings about apple but I won't knock the iphone. If your dad cvares about typos and does a lot of email then a BlackBerry of course

But if he wants a simple intuitive overall phone then maybe iphone (don't flame). It's VERY intuitive. And if you don't type Siri can accomplish almost everything you need to do. It's very powerful.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 07:28 PM
    I owned all 3 phones you've listed. The answer is quite simple and I'd suggest the Q10. Best keyboard BlackBerry has ever made. OS is really easy and efficient to use. Auto correct works like a dream. Barely any delay in receiving emails (I get them faster on my Q10 then on my computer).

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 07:39 PM
    Ok, ty I just bbmd him and told him Q10. @Plazmic Flame I came from a long line of qwerty as well and still to this day hate every glass keyboard except the Z10's.

I tried a 3gs, htc one, iphone 4, and had bold 9700/9900, curve 9300, and torch 9810 as last b4 z10.

Z10 blows all keyboards except the bold/torch's away but I can type faster on the z10 than the torch.

The bold is in a league of its own but is too slow and no functionality beside communication and basic media if it had more I'd probably go back to it.

Personally I think I'm gonna keep the z for now but the sequel to the Q10 will def. be on my list to check out because a keyboard is just too good to pass up.
    07-03-13 10:55 PM
    At 55 I wanted a larger screen the the Q's would offer.

I adapted to the Z10s keyboard and now like it.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-03-13 11:04 PM
    in my opinion just get curves theyre inexpensive and get the job done (most of them gone with BB7 anyway) and the keyboard is good. theres no need to spend money on all these new expensive phones, especially if these are work only phones. if people want nice phones for their personal use, thats a different story.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    07-04-13 01:27 AM
    To own a Q10 is to love a Q10. The Qwerty keyboard let's us type at least twice as fast as ANY phone without a physical keyboard.

The phone is super fast. If you mainly use your phone for phone calls, texts, and emails, this is the phone for you.

If your main reason for having a smartphone is NOT phone, email, and texting -- get a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Do not get an iPhone

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:32 AM