I'm sure there's a bunch of these threads out there already but what the hey.

I'm definitely getting a BB10 device.. I don't know when, I don't know how.. I just know it's going to happen.

The question is... do I get the Q10, or do I get the Z10?

Currently I have a Galaxy Nexus. Love the screen real estate, love the versatility, and one of the key apps that I use uses the full screen space to operate (XBMC Remote... use it A LOT). I do use my phone for watching Netflix as well, and enjoy the larger screen. The one thing I can't stand about my galaxy nexus is that when my thumbs start flying I make a ridiculous amount of mistakes and have to start over... The other thing is the battery life as well. Definitely something that matters in this decision.

So I was thinking about the Q10... Before my Nexus I had a Bold 9900... In terms of a communication device, it remains my #1 favourite device for typing accuracy and quickly communicating across multiple different apps. My problem with the Q10 is that I'm not sure my XBMC remote app will function very well (if at all) on the Q10. I would love the keyboard, Hub, peak and flow, instant action... all that stuff.

SO, from both Q10 and Z10 owners... opinions? Maybe there's someone who's a speed-typer like myself who can attest to the Z10 touch keyboard?

Any and all comments welcome Thanks!
    05-15-13 02:59 PM
    Save yourself the hassle, get the Q10... I sold my Z10 to get the Q and boy, never been so HAPPY
    05-15-13 03:55 PM
    why did you sell the z to get the q?? heard the z keyboard is excellent for a touch device... any other reasons:?? Not sure what to buy
    05-15-13 03:58 PM
    isn't the 3.1" screen too small???
    05-15-13 03:58 PM
    isn't the 3.1" screen too small???
    This was my first concern...But when I held the Q10 in my hands...It was like a rush...I just couldnt explain it..Something like, the elegance, the form factor THE KEYBOARD! Man, it's absolutely dangerously gorgeous IMO...The screen? I never thought that it would be great...I mean at first you could catch yourself scrolling a lil bit,but in a few minutes it really isn't bad at all. If I want gamings and movies, i'll have my iPhone5 relagated for that. Trust me I swear I take back all my words before against the Q10 now that I own one...But this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt...
    05-15-13 04:05 PM
    Let me ask you.. I have a 9900 which I have always liked, but it's pretty much only for text and email. When I see the Z with the screen size and all it can do it seems like it would be better. I agree with the Q looks so hot, but I don't know what way to go. I only want to carry one cp so did you have any problems with the Z or was it too close like the Iphone 5? and you wanted the typing experience of the Q.
    05-15-13 04:13 PM
    Any Z10 users wanna pipe in? Maybe Kevin? I know he said he was really surprised at how well he took to the Z10's keyboard
    05-15-13 04:16 PM
    with BBM going to droid and apple this summer, what reasons why you would want to stay with BB. especially with all the others have to offer. I know the Q keyboard is nice but don't those platforms have so much more to offer than bb?? Just don't know what to do.
    05-15-13 04:26 PM
    Any Z10 users wanna pipe in? Maybe Kevin? I know he said he was really surprised at how well he took to the Z10's keyboard
    Just go and try out both phones and let us know what you think.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    geekaren likes this.
    05-15-13 04:27 PM
    I personally have a Z10 and love it but if I did a lot of emails everyday I would probably look into the Q10.

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a tablet
    05-15-13 04:31 PM
    I only want to carry one cp so did you have any problems with the Z or was it too close like the Iphone 5? and you wanted the typing experience of the Q.
    Yes, pretty like much my iPhone5,it's going redundant.
    05-15-13 04:48 PM
    I did not experience any problems with my Z when I had it. But as I have stated, it was redundant to have both full touch screen.
    05-15-13 04:49 PM
    NOw thata u have mentioned u only wann carry one phone, maybe the Z10 is more suited for you. But as some has said, go to a shop and try out both see what suites you. Good Luck!
    05-15-13 04:57 PM
    thanks very much for your comments.
    05-15-13 06:03 PM
    I've been to plenty of stores to try out both the Q10 and the Z10... I just can't freaking decide, haha..

I find it hard to determine how I would like holding a phone when I can't actually hold it... the demos are all tied down with clamps.

Oh well.. Maybe i'll just have to flip a coin.. lol
    05-16-13 07:29 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    i have been using the Z10 for three months and just recently have the Q10 … both are gorgeous and great phones! …

Its really hard to choose between them … but the transition from Bold 9900 user, perhaps would be easiest to go to the Q10 i think … but the screen on the Z10 is addictive!!! … both winners, IMO!
    05-16-13 07:36 AM
    The screen size of my z10 is nice, and its keyboard is superb! But for my specific usage pattern the 9930, and when released, the q10 will be my choice, with strong conviction. The form factor and keyboard functionality are what matters to how I use the device. For other purposes I us a 7 inch tablet (browsing, reading, movies). The OP described an usage pattern that would suggest the z10 being the best fit.
    05-16-13 08:16 AM
    I actually think with all the bb problems so far it's time to go to android. htc one. BB doesn't have chance with these powerhouse phones until they can get even with them. If bb didn't fall asleep for 3 years, they might be even. Just saying.
    05-16-13 03:20 PM
    Stoopid comment
    BlackBerry doest have to be number 1
    Iphone is no1 but my z10 is better.
    People are like sheep.
    Op
    Ive got a z10 but im gonna get a q10 for the qwerty
    Buttons are more important than screen size to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 04:29 AM