When I decide to get the Priv, is it easy to transfer everything over from my Z10? And do I need a new Sim card? I'm sure there are videos I can watch, and how do you find the learning curve? Sorry if this has been discussed before , but now it's time for me to get a new BlackBerry. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 07:56 AM
    well this HAS been discussed before and not everything is going to transfer over. Where do you keep your contacts? Gmail? As for the sim card, you are going to want to reformat it in the new phone so you may have to empty it first. Brand new file system to learn as well.
    02-25-16 08:20 AM
    Yes you need a New Sim card as its smaller in size. As for your contacts BB has an app for that.
    02-25-16 08:41 AM
    When I decide to get the Priv, is it easy to transfer everything over from my Z10? And do I need a new Sim card? I'm sure there are videos I can watch, and how do you find the learning curve? Sorry if this has been discussed before , but now it's time for me to get a new BlackBerry. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    I just made this switch. I used the BlackBerry transfer app and everything came over. I did move my pictures and videos to the SD card on the Z10 first and that made that part easy. You will need a new Sim as the Priv uses a micro SD.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    02-25-16 08:43 AM
    Thank you to all- When I get the new phone soon ; I hope its that easy as you mentioned Platinum_2. How is the learning curve.
    02-25-16 09:12 AM
    Thank you to all- When I get the new phone soon ; I hope its that easy as you mentioned Platinum_2. How is the learning curve.
    Head over to the Priv forum and do some reading. Lot off great info there.
    02-25-16 09:15 AM
    The is Priv is android crap. The Z10 has the amazing BB10 Os!

  
    02-25-16 08:07 PM
    Thank you Rosebud68.
    02-25-16 11:04 PM
    The is Priv is android crap. The Z10 has the amazing BB10 Os!

  
    I had a Z10, went to Priv. Never turning back. BB10 was revolutionary 3 years ago, by today's standards it is dated. No more support (let's be honest), a deteriorating app system, no new devices, etc.

02-25-16 11:09 PM
    Made the same transition. Brace yourself for a week of disappointment if you've never used android before and really got used to BB10. Beyond that, battery life and overheating issues aside, it grows on you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-26-16 01:45 AM
    I had a Z10, went to Priv. Never turning back. BB10 was revolutionary 3 years ago, by today's standards it is dated. No more support (let's be honest), a deteriorating app system, no new devices, etc.

Dont follow the trend use the device that's best for you.. If that's ur reasoning for choosing Priv over Z10 then its pretty shallow and ur mentality is too mainstream.. Might be rude but im just being honest.. Typical user thinks like that.. haha.. This is one thing that ive learned about using BlackBerry using ur logic over wants/luxurious in terms of mobile device. coming from q10.. When I purchased my BlackBerry Classic (2nd hand) I know that BlackBerry is in bad shape. But I know I need BlackBerry so without second thought I immediately grab a classic. I will not decide on my new device just because a certain brand will stop making device.. When this device stops working or stolen which im hoping not.. I might purchase another classic or pp se

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 02:00 AM

Don't mind the blind BB10 fanboys. They despise anything with Android in it.
    Android is now BlackBerry's main platform. Enjoy the Priv.

*A3-A20
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 02-26-16 at 05:35 AM.
    02-26-16 05:19 AM
    Dont follow the trend use the device that's best for you.. If that's ur reasoning for choosing Priv over Z10 then its pretty shallow and ur mentality is too mainstream.. Might be rude but im just being honest.. Typical user thinks like that.. haha.. This is one thing that ive learned about using BlackBerry using ur logic over wants/luxurious in terms of mobile device. coming from q10.. When I purchased my BlackBerry Classic (2nd hand) I know that BlackBerry is in bad shape. But I know I need BlackBerry so without second thought I immediately grab a classic. I will not decide on my new device just because a certain brand will stop making device.. When this device stops working or stolen which im hoping not.. I might purchase another classic or pp se

Posted via CB10
    Ok, good. Go with that.

02-26-16 09:36 AM
    I made that switch in January. Was simple. I used the Content Transfer to move things, though not email accounts (set them up fresh on Priv). You will need a new SIM, as the Priv needs a nano one. I found the learning curve fairly easy. Was immediately able to use the Priv as my main phone and within a few days had most things how I wanted it. I'm still tweaking and learning, but the phone has been how I want for a while now. Read the tips, tricks thread over in the Priv section. Also, do a search for what apps people like for things like file management, etc.

Love the Priv and glad I made the change. Well made phone, no issues, and I finally can do some of the things that were lacking on my much beloved Z10.
    02-26-16 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just because someone is using something that is popular and not in a coma doesn't mean they're following a trend. It may be what works best for them.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-26-16 01:54 PM