Today while driving around for work I am seeing billboards everywhere, radio adds from Rogers and Telus promoting the phone, yesterday it was on the front page of the 24 hours news paper. BlackBerry is doing a very good job advertising right now. Just my 2 nickels.
    hamzasalam, bitek, Jince and 17 others like this.
    02-06-13 03:52 PM
    Awesome good to see
    02-06-13 04:02 PM
    Please post some photos. Thanks.
    02-06-13 05:36 PM
    The Province had a good objective article yesterday.
    02-06-13 05:55 PM
    Also the Metro paper (local free newspaper), there was a poll asking customers if they would buy a Z10. The result was ~75% said yes.
    anon(4018671) and jesse_h like this.
    02-06-13 05:56 PM
    Photos please
    02-06-13 05:56 PM
    The Province had a good objective article yesterday.
    No hoopla or lineups, but new BlackBerry draws steady sales in Canada

and today:

http://www.theprovince.com/technolog...698/story.html

Both cover the claims by BB, note skepticism, and throw in some candid commentary. Good reads.
    02-06-13 06:03 PM
    No hoopla or lineups, but new BlackBerry draws steady sales in Canada

and today:

BlackBerry Z10 launch

Both cover the claims by BB, note skepticism, and throw in some candid commentary. Good reads.
    Yeah, I think those are pretty fair articles. Although if that quote by Walkley about him estimating that there were only 5-10k units sold in the UK so far was accurately quoted, he's way off base. I think there are around 4000 stores in the UK that would carry the Z10. I'd say there's a zero percent chance that each store sold only 2 Z10's during the week. That makes me question the validity of anything else he says.
    02-06-13 07:17 PM
    I will when im on the road tomorrow
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    02-06-13 07:21 PM
    Take pictures of billboards and stuff. I want to see them
    02-06-13 08:07 PM
    2 nickels or do you mean Looney or Tooney (I forgot what is what)? Jk I'm not making fun of canada. Please don't hurt me. But nothing is better than a motorist taking pictures while driving. Kids... Don't z10 and drive!

Unless you got skills like that
    02-06-13 08:52 PM
    i'm from vancouver, got mine!
    02-06-13 08:54 PM
    Everyone see the pictures from inside Wal-Mart? Adds on the security sensors at the store entrance and a big billboard on the ceiling in the electronics area.

If people don't know about het Z10 today. They will within a month.
    02-06-13 09:07 PM
    2 nickels or do you mean Looney or Tooney (I forgot what is what)? Jk I'm not making fun of canada. Please don't hurt me. But nothing is better than a motorist taking pictures while driving. Kids... Don't z10 and drive!

Unless you got skills like that
    It's also very illegal here, though seldom enforced...actually I should say erratically enforced....know people stopped for having phone on dash(in holder!) as GPS, and another stopped b/c he was holding a small container in his hand...not looking at it just holding it. Meanwhile people drive by every day gabbing or texting away.

Anyways, I concur, anyone reading this thread, follow the LAW, and MORALITY (studies clearly show impairment when using a cell phone - even handsfree!) and pull over to take the pics! I changed my ways, and I got SKILLZZZZ as the kids say for driving and multitasking. Wouldn't want to see any of you smeared across the pavement, or broken into unnatural ways....or see you do it to anyone else. You don't want your family to remember: he/she died b/c he was trying to get a pic of BB bilboard....or worse....he killed a family of 4 trying to get a pic of a BB bilboard. Painful as it is, I now ignore phone and/or pullover.
    02-06-13 09:14 PM
    Ok, easy solution... OP, please pull over and snap a few photos for us loyalists. It would make a few people happy
    02-06-13 09:20 PM
    Noticed a Telus LED billboard today for the Z10 right as you're approaching the Port Mann bridge from the Surrey side. Great location.
    02-06-13 10:47 PM
    My post got turned into a serious one ... But no one explained the looney and or tooney... Is this old people speak that no one uses in the great white north no more
    02-06-13 11:53 PM
    The Z10 is literally taking over Vancouver-img_00000003.jpgThe Z10 is literally taking over Vancouver-img_00000004.jpg
    Those are the front Page and back Page of yesterday's metro newspaper. Also on the 24hrs newspaper as well.
    I also heard Bell roles out some commercials and radio advertising also. Word is getting out there. Go BlackBerry!!!
    02-07-13 12:10 AM
    My post got turned into a serious one ... But no one explained the looney and or tooney... Is this old people speak that no one uses in the great white north no more
    The Loonie is Canada's One Dollar coin, similar to "stripper money" I mean one dollar bill...hahaha joke joke!! don't kill me!!! The "Toonie" is Canada's two dollar coin. People still use both words in every day conversations. KFC has "Toonie Tuesdays" where you get two pieces of chicken, small fries, small salad and a drink for two dollar (plus tax).
    02-07-13 12:17 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    its seems the Z10 is taking over Canada!!!
    02-07-13 01:33 AM
    I drove by BC place earlier and the giant LED sign had a Telus Z10 ad
    02-07-13 01:38 AM
    They need something on the side it looks hideous during the day.
    02-07-13 02:06 AM
    Today while driving around for work I am seeing billboards everywhere, radio adds from Rogers and Telus promoting the phone, yesterday it was on the front page of the 24 hours news paper. BlackBerry is doing a very good job advertising right now. Just my 2 nickels.
    great to hear...ive noticed a really strong marketing campaign here in the uk also, youtube ads, back and front cover of newspaper and magazines.. and TV ads.. awesome.. havent seen massive huge bilboards yet.. but hoping this will happen soon..
    02-07-13 04:02 AM
    Kevin Bacon is plugging it for EE in between catching serial killers on The Following.....Sky Atlantic is almost the Blackberry channel at the mo..
    02-07-13 04:14 AM
    Awesome to hear! Just one more reason I want to move there!
    anon(4018671) and canuckvoip like this.
    02-07-13 07:28 AM
31 12