Saw this before but, didn't find it terribly interesting. Just posted it in another thread though and might be interesting for those interested in hardware internals:

BlackBerry Z10 teardown reveals internal component similarities to Samsung Galaxy S III | MobileSyrup.com
    02-16-13 04:53 AM
    Saw this before but, didn't find it terribly interesting. Just posted it in another thread though and might be interesting for those interested in hardware internals:

BlackBerry Z10 teardown reveals internal component similarities to Samsung Galaxy S III | MobileSyrup.com
    I read a similar article from another source and watched a video where the similarities are described. It was a level comparison of the two, right down to battery and screen differences. Said that the major separation between them was physical size, with the Galaxy having been an evolution of a mature OS vs the new BB 10 OS, and the obvious differences in their available store support. Of course, they threw in that this was 'last years' specs' but that doesn't mean Zed is a slouch by any means.
    richardat likes this.
    02-16-13 05:16 AM
    I have also read elsewhere the camera image sensor is Fujitsu. That is not in the list here
    02-16-13 05:34 AM
    I read a similar article from another source and watched a video where the similarities are described. It was a level comparison of the two, right down to battery and screen differences. Said that the major separation between them was physical size, with the Galaxy having been an evolution of a mature OS vs the new BB 10 OS, and the obvious differences in their available store support. Of course, they threw in that this was 'last years' specs' but that doesn't mean Zed is a slouch by any means.
    Sounds interesting. Yes the s3 is still no slouch! It may hurt the, a few months from now when yet another iteration of phones is out and they are still just barely launching in the us, but for me... And I hate to say this its used by bb apologists so often - when you know if the situation were reversed they be screaming about superior specs all day long - but specs don't matter to me. I first came to realize this in the 90's using ms bloated products, leading me to argue for a differernt pc upgrading paradiogm (buy minimal power- long story)and later through observation of Mac users and other apple products ( the power of well designed integration) - thougha I have never owned one. Anyways, if it does all you want, and does it well, then the specs are just numbers and it wouldn't make any difference if you had more ponies Under the hood.
    02-16-13 05:40 AM
    The smartest move that BlackBerry gave the device the necessary RAM to make the Zed be able to sing. The Euro versions got a quad core proxlcessor with a gig of RAM, the US versions are dual core with two gig of RAM, and I've read a number of complaints that the Euro editions run into problems without that RAM, as I've said, because RAM is analogous to a race track. Which will perform better, a Formula One car on a go cart track or a Corvette on an interstate? Which is more fun to drive?
    02-16-13 05:53 AM
    The smartest move that BlackBerry gave the device the necessary RAM to make the Zed be able to sing. The Euro versions got a quad core proxlcessor with a gig of RAM, the US versions are dual core with two gig of RAM, and I've read a number of complaints that the Euro editions run into problems without that RAM, as I've said, because RAM is analogous to a race track. Which will perform better, a Formula One car on a go cart track or a Corvette on an interstate? Which is more fun to drive?
    euro versions have quad core and only 1 ram?? I didn't know that.

I thought the difference was a OMAP dual core processor and the antennas for international versions.
    02-16-13 06:00 AM

I thought the difference was a OMAP dual core processor and the antennas for international versions.
    Nah, International got 1.4 Ghz Quad core Cortex A9 with a GB of RAM, US versions the 1.5 Ghz Krait, with 2 Gig of RAM. I've had occaision to run across posts of people that would rather have the RAM.
    02-16-13 09:33 AM

he was talkign about the SGS3
    02-16-13 09:35 AM
    he was talkign about the SGS3
    Correct, my apologies for not clarifying that better. The Z10 will be across-the-spectrum identical.
    02-16-13 09:39 AM
    Nah, International got 1.4 Ghz Quad core Cortex A9 with a GB of RAM, US versions the 1.5 Ghz Krait, with 2 Gig of RAM. I've had occaision to run across posts of people that would rather have the RAM.
    That's the ONLY issue i've ever run across with my now "old" Gnex, is the 1GB RAM. I don't play games, but my son likes to play certain games on my phone, so I need to be careful as to how much I have on there, as some of them are very RAM intensive. If this thing had 2 gig of ram, i'd probably be content for another year without needing to upgrade. As it stands, i'm in the market for something with more ram.
    02-16-13 09:45 AM
    I like the z10 screen better. The sg3 makes everything look blue

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 12:06 PM