Press about the UAE launch:

Slim BlackBerry pickings as demand for Z10 outstrips supply - The National

"The response has been great so far."

The Z10 is likely to do as well as Samsung's SIII and the iPhone 5, said Mr Khanzadah. "This is one of the biggest launches along the lines of the SIII and the iPhone 5. It will be a straight fight between all three."
    02-11-13 03:36 PM
    yayy BlackBerry
    02-11-13 03:42 PM
    That's what I'm talkin about!
    02-11-13 03:51 PM
    So far, the response from the first wave (UK, Canada, UAE) has been overwhelming. What are the odds of it continuing when it reaches the USA? Because if they replicate this kind of reception in the US, BBRY will be a 60 dollar stock easily.
    02-11-13 04:10 PM
    Wow .. UK!

I have higher hopes for the US than most. Not crazy but I easily see 5%+ of the US population with a Z10 in hand by the end of the year. I actually think it will get to double digits.
    02-11-13 06:28 PM
    Great to hear concrete numbers rebutting the idiotic articles from crappy "journalists".
    02-11-13 06:55 PM
    lets rock and roll this !!!!
    02-11-13 06:56 PM
    Well how can you pass it up if the rest of the world is going crazy for it. USA still doesn't know how much they will want it untill release day then I expect to see it really take off.
    02-11-13 07:00 PM
    It's good to see BB doing great so well in other Countries.

I am eagerly waiting for the arrival here in the good ole' USA so I can test drive one. Really want to see how it will stack up to my personal GS3.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    02-11-13 07:02 PM
    Looking forward for some official numbers being released by Blackberry concerning the numbers sold in UK, Canada and UAE. If the numbers are good they need to make it public which will cause even more excitement here in the US. Lack of numbers makes everyone feel that "sell outs" means that the amount of phones shipped was low.
    02-11-13 07:08 PM
    Great news
    02-11-13 07:18 PM
    does any one have any leaks on # of units sold yet , seems BB is keeping a tight lip on this eh .....
    02-11-13 07:33 PM
    does any one have any leaks on # of units sold yet , seems BB is keeping a tight lip on this eh .....
    They have probably manufactured about 3 million phones up to this point. How many have been sold, no one knows. How many of those have not been part of a launch? No one knows.

I suppose we could do an even distribution accrosss all countries that RIMM is to be released in and has been released in. You could then figure out about how many made it to shelves.
    sean0808 likes this.
    02-11-13 08:57 PM
    Great to hear concrete numbers rebutting the idiotic articles from crappy "journalists".
    I don't see any "concrete numbers" anywhere.

It's still good to hear there is a heavy demand for it though.
    02-11-13 09:21 PM
    Wow .. UK!

I have higher hopes for the US than most. Not crazy but I easily see 5%+ of the US population with a Z10 in hand by the end of the year. I actually think it will get to double digits.
    So from "Cynical Reader" a Crackberry poster in a post:

If you look at the Comscore numbers ending in June 2012, that survey of 30,000 respondents states that there are 110M smartphone subscribers in the US. Of those, 10.7% are RIM customers. That means there are about 11.8M RIM customers in the US.

You can find the raw figures here:

ComScore: US Smartphone Penetration 47% In Q2; Android Remains Most Popular, But Apple’s Growing Faster | TechCrunch

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...r_Market_Share

Just added, figures for July:
    http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...r_Market_Share
    US smartphone users at end of July = 114M and RIM's percentage is now 9.5% for 10.8M users.

OK - say there is some drop off since July. Say 10 mill users right now. Say that only 1/3 will upgrade this year ( don't forget late start) and the huge inertia in the BB fold = 3.3 million. Say that they get 1.5 million converts who just want to try out something new . My guesstimate is a very good 5 million in sales for the USA.
    00stryder and s0be like this.
    02-11-13 09:37 PM
    They have probably manufactured about 3 million phones up to this point. How many have been sold, no one knows. How many of those have not been part of a launch? No one knows.

I suppose we could do an even distribution accrosss all countries that RIMM is to be released in and has been released in. You could then figure out about how many made it to shelves.
    Where did you get that number from?
    02-11-13 09:37 PM
    As good as the iphone5? So that would mean 5 million z10's were sold in the first three days?
    They are talking about sales in UAE, learn how to read.
    02-11-13 10:22 PM
    Wow, That's your first post?
    As good as the iphone5? So that would mean 5 million z10's were sold in the first three days?
    02-11-13 10:26 PM
    Very good news indeed. You can tell the American media/apple support system is getting afraid. It's 24/7 anti BlackBerry reports on Bloomberg!!!
    Neely2005 likes this.
    02-11-13 10:34 PM
    Very good news indeed. You can tell the American media/apple support system is getting afraid. It's 24/7 anti BlackBerry reports on Bloomberg!!!
    Also the support system for Google and Microsoft as well.

It is partially support for the status quo and partly major problem areas that have come up... like instagram, Skype and the maps, battery and operation in sunlight. They must be working super hard on the fixes right now before releasing to the USA .
    02-11-13 11:03 PM
    This is a really interesting read in Crackberry: Can BlackBerry survive? Well, the woods are still full of bear poo ( news)
    02-11-13 11:05 PM
    Also the support system for Google and Microsoft as well.

It is partially support for the status quo and partly major problem areas that have come up... like instagram, Skype and the maps, battery and operation in sunlight. They must be working super hard on the fixes right now before releasing to the USA .
    Instagram and Skype is coming, my battery lasted 17 hours today and now at 20%, 16 hours yesterday and the same, works great in the sun, maps are super simple and easy, and actually get you to your direction. Good news all around I agree, it will be even better after the first update!
    02-11-13 11:41 PM
    iPhone 5 was a worldwide release !!
    02-12-13 01:10 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Seems Blackberry can't produce the bb Z10 fast enough to keep up with demand everywhere so far!!
    02-12-13 01:34 AM
    Learn how to not be such a mindless rimm fanboy
    You mean "bbry fanboy".
    00stryder, Neely2005 and s0be like this.
    02-12-13 04:55 AM
36 12