Heard the same rumor yesterday that the top end phone was coing later. My bottom line, we need some clear consise information from RIM as well as the carriers ASAP. After waiting this long, they cannot afford to get out of the gate next Wednesday limping!
    The z10 is not them limping out of the gate, it will be a great device that we can buy now, there will be higher spec ones later on (9-12 months later probably) but that is always true of anything like this and thus the z10 should be judged on its own merits and not those of some hypothetical device that will come out at some point in the future.
    01-23-13 04:44 AM
    Haha try found out how much a QNX license cost and then come tell me the Z10 is not premium.Good thing Rim own Qnx if they had just licensed it as a regular company would of hurt pocket wise.It depends what you call ''premium'' If you think 4.2 inch and dual cores are not enough than yeah the Z is not ''premium''.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-23-13 at 04:20 PM.
    01-23-13 11:24 AM
    IMO, it is know that here will be always, remeber ALWAYS new things on short term, so I will not spect series L and N to be the best of the best of BBOS10, because that would mean that there wont be more from this new OS ... this is the way tech has always been
    01-23-13 12:14 PM
    RIM needs sales, they need to lower the barrier to adopt, having the apps that people want is one thing but the other thing is price. BB 10 needs to prove itself and to do that, it needs to get into the hands of as many people as possible, which means you have to have a price point where people will be willing to give it a try. RIM is not Google, they cannot afford to subsidize the price of every handset they sell, like Google did with the Nexus 4. So they have to build a phone that is not cheap but it is not to expensive. So that means they can have a midrange phone for the people to try now and then release the big boy for the Xmas season after the BB Live event in May, where they will introduce new developments for the platform.

They need to be attractive enough that skeptical people will give them a try and not price themselves out of it. If the PlayBook is any indication, they have to have a reasonably low price for adoption.
    01-23-13 12:31 PM
    If the $800 z10 isn't considered a premium device I would hate to see the price of the "Aristo"
    magutwit likes this.
    01-23-13 12:42 PM
    Can you imagine if after all this time BlackBerry released a phone that everyone had waited for, then released a higher end handset!!!! if that were true then even after this wait I would pull out of buying one. (a littler disrespectful)

if a phablet is released, who would buy one?
    01-23-13 02:30 PM
    Whatever the future reserves us, the leaked price range of Z10 makes it premium. Now if afterwards they sell the same cheaper and they introduce the new one and if it will take them only few months (knowing Rim, it's all possible), some people will get angry, I guess.
    01-23-13 03:09 PM
    you will wait forever if you want a future proof phone
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-23-13 03:59 PM
    Wanting to buy the new phone but thought I heard that this first device was not the 'Bold' version.. Anyone have some details?
    What do you need a "premium device" to do that a "non-premium device" can't? Not being rude, just asking.
    01-23-13 04:03 PM
    If the $800 z10 isn't considered a premium device I would hate to see the price of the "Aristo"
    Didn't know RIM has announced any pricing yet? (given that the launch even is a week away".

please - let's not go passing rumours as 'facts'
    01-23-13 04:04 PM
    If you can wait for a future BB device, you have god-tier patience.
    01-23-13 06:20 PM
    It's definitely a premium phone but is it top tier high-end? Nope
    01-23-13 09:13 PM
    I don't care....Z10 will be the $hit and that is what I am getting....NO WAY I can wait until summer
    01-23-13 11:51 PM
    Wanting to buy the new phone but thought I heard that this first device was not the 'Bold' version.. Anyone have some details?
    Yes the Z10 will be the current top end Blackberry. No it is not a Bold since it lacks a physical keyboard. But that device is following shortly. Not with better specs but with a physical keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-24-13 12:07 AM
    Complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain ...
    Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... Lol this isn't the first time I've heard this from you
    01-24-13 07:20 AM
    But given the launch date - it's likely going to be competing with the SG4 and Iphone whatever - not the last generation devices.
    Do you mean the announcement in a few days or the actual hardware launch in a few weeks?
    01-24-13 07:25 AM
    Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... Lol this isn't the first time I've heard this from you
    And judging from the number of belly-achers around here who moan about everything and anything, all the time and in every circumstance, it's likely not the last.
    01-24-13 07:37 AM
    And judging from the number of belly-achers around here who moan about everything and anything, all the time and in every circumstance, it's likely not the last.
    And here u are 2 days later still complaining and not taking about anything productive or to do w BB 10 & this thread. Think your own the wrong forum. Look in the mirror your one of the complainers your whining about. Think it's established z10 is a premiere device on par or better then top selling phones today. Most likely there will be more bb devices w better hardware released later in the year. Competing w apple and samsungs updated devices. If u want BB 10 now, Buy a Z10 or qwerty device.
    01-24-13 08:34 AM
68 123