No I understand where your coming from .... Just saying it would be ridic with so much on the line for the company. I can't wait to get a 10 device. Going to pay full retail for one the day it's available.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-22-13 12:16 PM
    Don't wait for the Aristo/so called premium device. Get the first one. I don't know your financial situation, but generally speaking you can always upgrade later.

Aristo may not come until the end of the year, and we will not find out if that is true on January 30. You would have to wait out for more leaks.
    01-22-13 12:22 PM
    There will always be A better phone tomorrow. Same with everything we purchase.

I'm getting the Z10, and I'm getting the next greatest model when it comes out too.

**** I'd like the phone from 10 yrs from now so I wouldn't have to upgrade and can save money or feel like I should have waited but that's not how the world works.
    Stocklone likes this.
    01-22-13 12:31 PM
    No I understand where your coming from .... Just saying it would be ridic with so much on the line for the company. I can't wait to get a 10 device. Going to pay full retail for one the day it's available.
    What do you consider to be a premium device? The iPhone 5?
    01-22-13 12:32 PM
    I don't think anyone will have the patience to wait 6 months for the Aristo while this sexy beast is available.
    My upgrade isn't until September, so I'll be waiting... and I'm going to laugh at the OP because he/she jumped the gun on the Premium device!

I'm already snickering now...
    01-22-13 12:59 PM
    The best a company has to offer. Pay phones are pretty snazzy too. Minus paying 25 to 50 cents per call.
    01-22-13 01:23 PM
    and maybe the Aristo will become the equivalent of the P9981, the aspirational device at $2000 - who knows?
    01-22-13 01:37 PM
    The best a company has to offer. Pay phones are pretty snazzy too. Minus paying 25 to 50 cents per call.
    Still cheaper then a cell phone
    OMGitworks likes this.
    01-22-13 01:40 PM
    Still cheaper then a cell phone
    Haha true.
    01-22-13 01:42 PM
    and maybe the Aristo will become the equivalent of the P9981, the aspirational device at $2000 - who knows?
    That's would me the aristocratic was designed by a sub company built on an existing bb hardware, this is not likely and should not be thoughtful or referred to. I once had a couple worker say "i heard the BB10 phones will cost $2000" stupid people take comments like that to seriously and spread stupid rumors like that.
    01-22-13 01:44 PM
    Indeed always the complaining..Well if rimm should have brought out the most expensive BB10 , then how would they make costumers ? everybody would say , hey it is new and unproven , go away with a 800$ phone..
    Rimm shoots well in my opinion ! They took the high level phone but not the to high level phone. People won't be scared to make the move , just as they could see how wel the z10 performs...
    they just need costumers right now , it would not be possible to do that with a freaking expensive phone.
    Thats my opinion about this...

Complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain ...
    convenor and Bobert_123 like this.
    01-22-13 01:54 PM
    I'm getting a limited edition device. If I wasnt , I'd be waiting before spending my own money. But of course I have plenty of phones already. If I was stuck with just one, old phone than I might be more anxious to blow my money on the first device to come along.

I do find it ironic that RIM has said there will be six devices launched in 2013. We've all patiently waited for at least a year now. What's a few more months? But again I'm not itching to upgrade so I wouldn't understand.

According to RIM, they still have 4 new devices to reveal this year. By the time the Z10 and X10 arrive to people's hands the first quarter will be over or very close to it. Leaving only 3 more quarters to launch 4 new devices. So we should be hearing about the new BB10 devices a month or two after everyone rushed out and bought one of the first models. I dunno

I predict a repeat of the Storm 1 to Storm 2 days. I think this place is gonna be filled with a lot of people suffering from a case of buyer's remorse.
    01-22-13 01:57 PM
    "Is the Z10 considered the premium device..."

In many recent online videos, tests and comparisons have revealed that the Z10 performed as well as (and better) than the iPhone 5 and SG3 in all native, key, smartphone aspects. Are the iPhone 5 and SG3 considered premium devices?
    If the Z10 is as good as the competition are, at launch, then it is RIM's premium device, for now. Will a better one come along? You know the answer to that question.
    01-22-13 02:19 PM
    That's would me the aristocratic was designed by a sub company built on an existing bb hardware, this is not likely and should not be thoughtful or referred to. I once had a couple worker say "i heard the BB10 phones will cost $2000" stupid people take comments like that to seriously and spread stupid rumors like that.
    I said like the P9981 which was $2000 at launch, not the 9900, or 9810 which were the everyman phones Porsche Design BlackBerry P'9981 Release Date and Pricing | CrackBerry.com
    01-22-13 02:23 PM
    I'm not sure if it matters so much that it's premium buy rather than it's first generation - I tend to avoid first generation* regardless of platform because more than any later version of hardware/software - that release is where the company gets real hard data about what works or doesn't work and makes its biggest mistakes.

* I didn't with my windows phone simply because it was a freebie and when it is free - who cares?
    Saiga and Drew808 like this.
    01-22-13 02:26 PM
    I'm not sure if it matters so much that it's premium buy rather than it's first generation - I tend to avoid first generation* regardless of platform because more than any later version of hardware/software - that release is where the company gets real hard data about what works or doesn't work and makes its biggest mistakes.

* I didn't with my windows phone simply because it was a freebie and when it is free - who cares?
    ...enter the Playbook -check that 'to-do' off the list
    01-22-13 02:29 PM
    "Is the Z10 considered the premium device..."

In many recent online videos, tests and comparisons have revealed that the Z10 performed as well as (and better) than the iPhone 5 and SG3 in all native, key, smartphone aspects. Are the iPhone 5 and SG3 considered premium devices?
    If the Z10 is as good as the competition are, at launch, then it is RIM's premium device, for now. Will a better one come along? You know the answer to that question.
    But given the launch date - it's likely going to be competing with the SG4 and Iphone whatever - not the last generation devices.
    01-22-13 02:31 PM
    I said like the P9981 which was $2000 at launch, not the 9900, or 9810 which were the everyman phones Porsche Design BlackBerry P'9981 Release Date and Pricing | CrackBerry.com
    Iknow what you said you're not understanding what I said though. I said the Aristo is a rim designed phone its not a third party design on an existing device. Porsche has to put a price tag on their design also not just RIM that's really the only reason for the P9981s price not that it's any different in quality or hardware. The Aristo will have a quadcore s4 chip which is already used in other devices and is mass produced. To think it would cost 2000 like the P9981 shouldn't be though of as it is nothing like what the P9981 was built for
    01-22-13 02:34 PM
    But given the launch date - it's likely going to be competing with the SG4 and Iphone whatever - not the last generation devices.
    Sure and when we see definitive proof that they are better and more efficient than the Z10, RIM will need to step it up again at that time. With 5 more RIM smartphones releasing this year, after the Z10, I expect some of them to become increasingly better.
    01-22-13 02:36 PM
    "Premium device" or "flagship phone" - the Z10 is it. I agree, RIM hasn't been sufficiently clear on this fact, but in the same breath, they haven't even OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED THE Z10! I hope that on the 30th they will make it clear, the Z10 is the BlackBerry 10 "premium flagship sex phone device".
    ummie4 likes this.
    01-22-13 03:08 PM
    "Premium device" or "flagship phone" - the Z10 is it. I agree, RIM hasn't been sufficiently clear on this fact, but in the same breath, they haven't even OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED THE Z10! I hope that on the 30th they will make it clear, the Z10 is the BlackBerry 10 "premium flagship sex phone device".
    I don't think the Z10 will ever be the "premium flagship sex phone device" . If what Alec Saunders said is true, the LEBB10DOD will be "the baddest BlackBerry ever made to date" . We should be hearing more info about the LE any time. Meaning the Z10 may be outclassed as soon as it is officially announced/launched.
    01-22-13 03:32 PM
    "premium flagship sex phone device".
    dude this is seriously my favorite quote on this website.
    Easy-G likes this.
    01-22-13 03:34 PM
    No I think he means this. http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...d-core-747749/
    01-22-13 05:38 PM
    I think in my opinion if this phone is being compared to iphone 5 and the latest androids that it is a premium device. Both of the ones mentioned are, so why would Z10 not be. As others have said, a company that is in a do or die situation is not going to release something that is only going to be a run of the mill phone and expect that to save their company. It's the best they will have right now, and I would think for awhile. I am sure they want to see how sales are on both devices they release first before they even think of investing any more money and releasing another phone. I am sure, lesson being learned their wheels will always be turning and it won't or shouldn't take them this long to release something the next time around. If this phone offers me everything I am looking for in a smart phone, it will be "premium" to me regardless of what one says or thinks
    01-22-13 06:38 PM
    I don't think anyone will have the patience to wait 6 months for the Aristo while this sexy beast is available.
    The odds are that it will be more like 9 months before we see a higher spec bb10 device too with them then getting the yearly pre-Xmas upgrade cycle back on track after that.
    01-23-13 04:41 AM
68 123