Wanting to buy the new phone but thought I heard that this first device was not the 'Bold' version.. Anyone have some details?
    01-22-13 07:58 AM
    where is the 'dislike' button?
    01-22-13 08:05 AM
    He means to ask if he should wait for the "Aristo" or get the L-series. I don't believe the Z10 is considered the "premium" device.
    astraith, tim6510 and schmeat like this.
    01-22-13 08:19 AM
    Heard the same rumor yesterday that the top end phone was coing later. My bottom line, we need some clear consise information from RIM as well as the carriers ASAP. After waiting this long, they cannot afford to get out of the gate next Wednesday limping!
    zakcooper40 likes this.
    01-22-13 08:20 AM
    If blackberry doesn't release a premium device when it releases BB10 it's just plain ******** ... After all this time and waiting for a new OS and device whipe being loyal to the company, it's completely unacceptable from a consumer stand point.
    craiggger likes this.
    01-22-13 08:25 AM
    Jan 30th may be the day a lot of questions get answered...
    OMGitworks, EsJayDee and lactose like this.
    01-22-13 08:26 AM
    Wanting to buy the new phone but thought I heard that this first device was not the 'Bold' version.. Anyone have some details?
    In less than 10 days, there will be more information and (maybe) devices to try
    01-22-13 08:28 AM
    If blackberry doesn't release a premium device when it releases BB10 it's just plain ******** ... After all this time and waiting for a new OS and device whipe being loyal to the company, it's completely unacceptable from a consumer stand point.
    Complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain ...
    01-22-13 08:29 AM
    It's not a complaint ... It's a fact. Why after over a yr would a premium device be released ? Getting one regardless. Way to contribute to conversation. Don't u have a dogs mouth to go enter ??? ( no reply needed )
    zakcooper40 likes this.
    01-22-13 08:43 AM
    The L-series (and soon N-series) are the ONLY BB10 phones right now. Therefore, they are the premium phones. In the future, of course a newer, faster phone will be released, that's how ALL the handset manufacturers work. Considering that the "Aristo" hasn't been officially acknowledged yet, how far away do you think it is? I'm getting the Z10, it's a huge upgrade for me. I don't play the game of "what's coming in a few months" anymore.
    JR A, Goint, schmeat and 12 others like this.
    01-22-13 08:44 AM
    A person asks a legit questions and this is what they get from you guys? Really?
    OP sorry for the silly children. Welcome to CrackBerry. It is unusual for this kind of response to questions, so please forgive.

Everything is speculation at this point, but there are a couple of good threads where this has already been discussed. Do a search and I think you will get your question as answered as it can get at this point. Net culture is to always do a search first to see if something has already been discussed or answered. And be sure and become a regular at CrackBerry. You will meet a lot of great people and get way more out of your Berries.
    01-22-13 08:46 AM
    I'm sure the Z10 will be considered a premium device. Only thing I was saying of for some reason it's not it'd be ridiculous.
    01-22-13 08:46 AM
    It's a valid question, but I do not think Heins would try to give us a less-than-premium device after making us wait five months. Now, the definition of premium is subjective and time-based because in a year or two, another all-touch might come around and that'll be premium.
    01-22-13 08:49 AM
    IMO its the Z10 and its their flagship device for now. But I would expect by end of year you might get another device that you would call your premium device. Would I wait for it? No, buy the Z10!
    01-22-13 08:51 AM
    Z10 (fulltouch - first released) and X10 (bold-like released "soon after") are both premium devices.
    Does it answer the question ?
    Now, choose whatever you believe is your preferred input method, and you're set.
    new_me222, kuler22 and EsJayDee like this.
    01-22-13 08:54 AM
    I would assume RIM would have wised up and knows that whatever phones they decide to drop have to be the top of the line models, as no one will be pleased if say 4-6 months from now another NEW flagship phone comes out, look at how well that worked for HTC and other Android manufacturers...

I think RIM only needs to make 3 or 4 models, the top tier Z10 and X10, and then a budget tier touchscreen and qwerty phone (curve), each receiving annual updates and the previous model dropping down in price similar to the iPhone. With this strategy it will be easier for developers and keep the lineup FOCUSED.
    01-22-13 09:00 AM
    Based on what's out there today I would call it premium. I know there are quads but from what I've read they would not add much to the optimized BB10 OS and would suck battery power. (But I am the opposite of an expert). 2 gigs of memory and swappable microsd all are top of the line specs (IMO).

So on launch day I would say it is premium, but like all tech it is just a matter of time until it is passed by bigger, better, faster.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-22-13 09:07 AM
    where is the 'dislike' button?
    I apologize if my post sounded at all negative. Not only do I have a huge $$ investment in RIM but love the BB product/platform and cannot wait to get the BB10 device. I am a Crackberry supporter through and through and currently own 2 PB's, 9900, and my wife's 8520.

I thought that the launch devices would be 'Flagship' ones and agree that we will find out more in 8 days!

thanks everyone for the comments.
    01-22-13 09:18 AM
    The L-series (and soon N-series) are the ONLY BB10 phones right now. Therefore, they are the premium phones. In the future, of course a newer, faster phone will be released, that's how ALL the handset manufacturers work. Considering that the "Aristo" hasn't been officially acknowledged yet, how far away do you think it is? I'm getting the Z10, it's a huge upgrade for me. I don't play the game of "what's coming in a few months" anymore.
    +1000...

and agreed... progression works as technology improves... the z10 (heck, even the dev alpha b) runs smooth ... what else would u want?... higher end specs also dont necessarily mean better performance.. look at the iphone.. runs fine.. and blackberry have made it work great with the specs they r releasing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-22-13 09:46 AM
    Good news...analyst at Scotia Capital has a sector outperform on your investment... his reasons were simple....the BB10 device he played with at a demonstration was better in every way than iPhone 5, (except app selection) and that would have been the Z10.
    Superfly_FR and cjcampbell like this.
    01-22-13 09:48 AM
    Maybe we should all wait till next year when the newest device is out! /sarcasm
    rottonj likes this.
    01-22-13 10:11 AM
    If by premium you mean "best available hardware running BB10" then yes the Z10 is a premium device. Will RIM introduce other handsets and other devices in the future with better hardware specifications? I think we all know the answer to this.
    rcozzo likes this.
    01-22-13 10:52 AM
    I don't think anyone will have the patience to wait 6 months for the Aristo while this sexy beast is available.

I'm a fat kid and this is my ice cream store. I want all of 'em!
    01-22-13 11:46 AM
    It's not a complaint ... It's a fact. Why after over a yr would a premium device be released ? Getting one regardless. Way to contribute to conversation. Don't u have a dogs mouth to go enter ??? ( no reply needed )
    Sorry dude. Just a little tired of people moaning about everything around here.

OMG - that app is .25 cents and not free. OMG, the device doesn't have 900 DPI - screw you RIM. OMG - the device doesn't come in purple. OMG - RIM's not giving me the phone for $30 bucks off contract.
    blkitr likes this.
    01-22-13 12:01 PM
    I apologize if my post sounded at all negative. Not only do I have a huge $$ investment in RIM but love the BB product/platform and cannot wait to get the BB10 device. I am a Crackberry supporter through and through and currently own 2 PB's, 9900, and my wife's 8520.

I thought that the launch devices would be 'Flagship' ones and agree that we will find out more in 8 days!

thanks everyone for the comments.
    No need to apologize there are some people that jump the gun on here as we have alot of people that come and talk negatively about what RIM has to offer.

On another note if your heavily invested why not buy the first BB10 device and when something better follows buy that. I invested Sundays and my stocks were bought yesterday morning and we'll I've already made enough to buy a Z10 out right and will probably make enough to buy a few BB10 devices if the platform takes off like we think it will
    01-22-13 12:15 PM
68 123